Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me...
    #834742 - 08/21/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

HPPD aka Hallucinogen Persisting Perceptual Disorder is a (not so) rare complication of doing Shrooms, Acid and so on. It's basically that you get the perceptual effects of hallucinogens for weeks, months or years without having imbided a Psychedelic. Now you allways think: that's not going to happen to me!

I thought so too, especially after 9 years and about 70 exposures to Shrooms etc.
Well: it did.

Some time now I thought I needed an eyedoctor. My vision was not what it's allways been, not quite the same. And about a week ago something happened that opened my eyes.

I was sitting behind my computer writing some stuff. Suddenly I smelled a strong and 100% real aftershave-odor. Now I only rarely use the stuff because of sensitive skin. Haven't seen it for months, actually.
But it was an 100% real aftershave odor, no doubt in my mind. I got up and sniffed it out. Ah, well...

I got my Yawara-stick and went trough my house looking for burglars or whatever. Nothing. Doors & windows closed, nobody there. So I sniffed it out further. The odor was strongest where I've been sitting and filled my livingroom etc, but not the bathroom where I keep such stuff nor dit it come from outside.

Ah, yeah, right: Odor hallucination. So would this be one of those flashbacks? Sat on my couch and stared at the carpet (works great on trips) to see if there was something going on. Indeed there was: Flowing, breathing, undulating, patterning... Very Shroomy and quite impressive since I haven't imbided for 3 months and then only 0.5gr of good shrooms.

Right, a flashback then: better enjoy the ride! My mind was very clear, just like it's always been, but still I was vividly hallucinating.
I monitored it. It has been a week now & it's been there all the time. I thought about those visual disturbances I have and the picture became complete: Colors a bit off, blurry contrasts between objects, sometimes having to blink a couple of times before being able to read something... HPPD.

It comes in waves: Most of the time it's (fortunately for me) almost unnoticable but sometimes it's quite convincing and the named visual disturbances show up wherever I look. I can summon it: make it more intense if i Will it but the other way around it's not so easy. Grass intensifies it temporarily. If I look at te static on TV (like in Poltergeist) I constantly see threedimensional objects rotating and moving all over the screen, WAY more than I ever saw. I can even think about, say, a spider and within a second I see a spider-pattern forming and moving around. TV static is about random, and all patterns you see inthere are the ones you lay into it.
Try it sometime, whilst Tripping or sober...
Bitten by the Shroom... Sheesh...

As HPPD goes I've got it quite good: I've read about and corresponded with several people who've got it WAY,WAY worse then I do. For me it's just a little poorer vision & if I look at a "hallucinogenic" surface like my carpet I see all the beautiful stuff that's there when I trip. Am I scared? Nope, it's quite interesting and only a slight hindrance. But what worries me is what the future will bring. You all will probably jump up and scream: DON'T EVER TRIP AGAIN!

Sorry: ain't gonna do that except when the visualstuff proves to be very longlasting or worsens over time. The Shroom has done alot of good for me over the years & I'm not going to just stop because of this. I will take a long break from imbiding to see if it'll blow over and take some to make up my mind about where to go from here. It may be over tomorrow or never go away. Proceeding with the Shroom may or may not make it worse or recur.
I'll just take a break and think hard. I don't feel "mauled" or "damaged" or stuff like that and fortunately it's at it's worst just a minor discomfort.

But think about it guys: one shroomtrip about every 2 months. The last years never more than half 1/8 of strong cubies, never anything wrong... And then THIS.

Is there anybody outthere who has things like this happen too? Same or severe?
What are your (HPPD or not) opinions on it? What would YOU do if the shoe was on the other foot? Any theories or info to share?
Thanx for reading this long one!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Asante]
    #834794 - 08/21/02 11:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I believe in HPPD I also think its extremely common for anyone who has done their share of psychedelic drugs........ Altho some people may not notice it......

Severe cases are probably pretty rare....... I myself have experienced EXTREME
reexperiencing of say a 30 mg smoked 5meodmt trip several times..... Anyone who has successfully smoked 30 mg of 5meodmt knows how intense that is.....

Well I was blasted away several times as IF I smoked 30 mg of 5meodmt several times and each time it wasn't any two minutes or subtle flashback...... It was a deep complete emersing in 5meodmt world for a full say 45 minutes.......

Note it was right after quitting 5meodmt use and over a course of several days...... So I do think it is possible that there might have still been 5meodmt in my body since I was using it frequently and had just stopped it wasn't like a year went by and I felt it...... Anyways its been 5 years since it happened and I haven't touched 5meodmt since....... I have used DPT a few times and think I possibly had some very minor visual flashbacks ie tracers everything looking kind of staticy ETC......

Also everyone 100 PERCENT I've met who have used their share of mushrooms or acid also 100 percent believes they have flashbacks so I think its pretty damn common.........

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #834829 - 08/22/02 01:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wow .....Your attitude is excellent, I’m not so sure that I could take such a revelation so calmly. But then again you can’t undo the past and it’s good to hear that you have no regrets about your experiences with Mushrooms.
What is amazing is that what you describe about being able to draw on and intensify the visuals is totally like what I have experienced during an LSD experience more so that mushrooms. That has been my experience anyway. How long have you been certain about this and when was the last time you tripped?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#834832 - 08/22/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You're lucky it didn't happen while you were driving.

Allthough I've never tried 5-MeO-DMT I've read up on it & if it was like 30mgs smoked it must've been extremely intense...
Was there a fearfactor involved (other than the usual, I mean)? A fullblown skyhigh trip emerging out of nowhere... tends to frighten people.

Did you feel "betrayed" by the drug or your brain? I read that alot...
I believe these were flashbacks, generally ranging in duration from a split-second to several hours. I had mine, in retrospect, but luckily never as intense and always on convenient times, not behind the wheel or such but mostly when toking up.

I'm positively in this mild HPPD state for a week, but it may be for months now. Several strange things have happened in those months (like Psychedelic-feeling strong vertigo) that might have been peaks of the named state.

As I said, it's really not a biggie for me at this point. Not afraid, not confused or desori?ntated & not too much sensory scramble. If the aftershavething didn't happen I would still probably be unaware of it. Still: since I discovered I had it it never has been away.

To anybody who'se had much experience like us: What do TV static and "hallucinogenic surfaces" do to you? Do you get visual FX? Go stare for some time & report! I really think mild HPPD is quite common too. Often I've read here on the Shroomery Forums things like: "I can make visuals appear whenever I want it" and the Psychedelic Experience FAQ mentions that your regular CEV (read it!) world often changes permanently, which may be ultra-light HPPD.

But: it's very mild & controllable for me. There are people way worse off than me, as seen on for instance http://www.stormloader.com/hppd/ which every serious tripper should check out before "turning on" GF's and such.
Some have been tripping balls 24/7 since the Summer of Love & these you won't find on the Internet, I guess. Take care of your brains, people!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Ripple]
    #834839 - 08/22/02 01:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Being able to intensify visuals is quite common, for HPPD it's even in the DSM IV definition of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder. (On Erowid, I believe)
I had it many times whilst tripping that I could DOUBLE the visual intensity by merely Willing it.

Once I scared the living daylights out of a fellow tripper by intensifying his trip greatly through hypnotic suggestion. You're highly suggestible on Shrooms...

Last time I tripped? I believe 3 months or so ago and it was just 0.5gr of good & strong Cubies. I haven't used LSD yet in this millennium.

But 30mg of 5MeO coming out of the blue... I'd shit myself, I guess!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #834947 - 08/22/02 03:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Since the first time I took mushrooms just about all textures and patterns move and breath slightly if I stare at them whenever I take ANY drug including caffeine. I don't mind.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #835118 - 08/22/02 04:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yup... Sounds similar...

Do you also get slight or not-so-slight visual thingies when not staring at named surfaces? Blurred vision, movement, colors a bit off etc.?
Indeed: caffeine makes it stronger, got that too, but nothing like good ole THC does.

With me the visuals in, say, my carpet, are quite spectacular and convincing. It's beautiful. Yes: just looked: even now. Mostly the generic abstract stuff but when it's stronger also the vinelike patterns I'm so fond of. I think you've got it to a lesser degree, but I really think It's the same thing we're talking about. If you don't take anything, is it completely gone then or...

But there is a psychological factor to it. I can intensify it and whenever I'm preoccupied with strong Psychedelic cues (like being on the Shroomery) it intensifies by itself. Just like a flashback, but then stretched out over a week, perhaps months already. One doesn't scan for visuals every day, at least not me.

Right now I'm in the WTF stage. Most HPPD happens on the first dose (like with you) or in the first year, but I started in '93 and only recently got this present from Lysergic Santa. If it stays like this or tapers off, I guess there's no problem, but what if it should intensify, say after yet another session?
I'll have to give Shrooming some more thought, now...

One of my slogans used to be (and still is) LSD FOREVER. Well, this wasn't quite what I had in mind. But if it stays like this, I guess it's no problem: they're beautiful visuals, love to see them, and they do not interfere too much with my vision or psyche. Sheesh.. I thought I was in the clear as HPPD was concerned...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#835210 - 08/22/02 05:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ive only done shrooms maybe 12-14 times and i experience the same sorts of things once in awhile while im sober...one time i could have sworn there was a bat flying around, things will breath sometimes, one time at school the end of my desk started melting, sometimes while in a car all of a sudden its almost as if were driving forwards but the side of the road, trees, ect. are going backwards...

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
    #835299 - 08/22/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've had similar experiences - mainly, though, triggered by grass. Just last weekend, I ate some (which is a fairly potent thing in itself) and managed to pull off what I estimated to be a good level 1 shroom trip as a kicker. I considered it to be a 'bonus', though it wasn't what I had planned. Fun and games, eh?

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

OfflineGhostWalker
Stranger
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: SoFarNorth]
    #835338 - 08/22/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Any thoughts on WHY this is happening? I thought HPPD was the mythical 'permatrip' but reading these posts I have to say "oh, yea, that." I have just assumed you can't put the cat back in the bag as it were... I have just assumed you are teaching the brain new ways to function. Even more so when you are using 5MEO or DMT as you already have 'em in your body... I don't know the physical mechanics of it, but it does seem like every time I have an experiance with a sacramental plant, something always comes back with me from hyperspace I have just accepeted these visuals and mental states as being something like a new way my brain is learining to interpret reality.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#835451 - 08/22/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I was pretty fearful and swore off drugs forever ! Possibly my worst experiences I've ever had in my life.....That bad..... Nope don't feel betrayed by either.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Ripple]
    #835455 - 08/22/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

THe last time I tripped was maybe four days ago.........

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#835595 - 08/22/02 09:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I did some webresearch to get more info on HPPD and Flashbacks in general.

What I found is that the main difference lies in the name of HPPD: Hallucinogen PERSISTING Perceptual Disorder.
When it occurs every once in a while it's a Flashback, if it's all the time (like I'm experiencing now) it's likely HPPD. Flashbacks generally last seconds to hours, while HPPD most often seems to last weeks to months...

Flashbacks can get quite intense, indeed. Had some, usually on the day or day after tripping. Fortunately for me I've got it mild, I've seen much worse reports.
I discovered it a week ago, believe to have it for months, but nontheless: I'm on a Level 1/2-1 Trip now for over a week!

I looked at my condition from a trippers point of view in the last few days. There's a slightly enhanced suggestibility to it, being more emotional... I think I'm damn lucky I'm a lowdose guy and haven't taken 1/8s (potent shroom) for quite some time. Perhaps it would be much stronger then. In the last few hours I decided acceptance would be best. You never know: maybe It's gone in a week or so, or perhaps a month. Up to now it isn't really tiring...

4 days ago... It must've been a monster of a scare! I can't blame you for swearing off Psychedelix. Perhaps you'll return to shrooming, perhaps not... Fullblown..

I used to be like "everybody should Shroom!" but lost that attitude years ago. Shrooms aren't all-good. I guess nothing is in this world...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#835605 - 08/22/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No I tripped on shrooms four days ago...... I haven't done any 5meodmt in five years and that particular event only happened three times luckily.......
I did stop using psychedelics for a couple years tho.........

Offlineshroom666
Dude

#836440 - 08/22/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Is that what they call it....HPPD. I have had the shit for ages, haven`t got it alot but definetly noticable at times. If i stare at a floor or wall i get the shroom sways. Sometimes my keyboard gets multicolored transparent stripes on. I just think it is cool and pass it off as normal now.
Peace.

--------------------
"They all float down here....they all float!!"
"Life is not an act, midgets are real fun"
"What you feel, it might not be"

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: shroom666]
    #836700 - 08/22/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If it?s not too intense to interfere with your life I would call it a gift. Maybe im missing some horrible sides of it but having constant hallucinations with a clear head would be a gift from god for me. I would spend all my time meditating and enjoying it. Perceiving things through a different "eye" constantly would be awesome.

If it continues maybe you should see a doctor (modern witch). They might prescribe you some Thorazine or something else to calm it.

Enjoy it; if it persists go to a witch.... err doctor...
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Asante]
    #836773 - 08/22/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Fd3000]
    #837150 - 08/22/02 10:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx for the sharing, guys!

Thorazine would be bad. From what I've read it's pretty nasty stuff, so nasty in fact that it isn't used anymore here in Holland exept to enhance Morphine's FX in the terminally ill.

Well... Another day in Lysergia. The carpet still shows me everything, the TV static's more interesting than the channels that are tuned in... It's milder now, but I guess I'm inbetween waves.

Hallucinating with a clear head... Well : the head ain't exactly clear, a little suggestible, a trippy feeling.. The visual part's a gift, though. I wouldn't mind this lasting a couple of weeks or so but I guess I ain't prepared for the prospect of a several-month to several-year trip.

A doctor? Nah... My GP knows I'm a Tripper & is generally a cool guy, but I got it figured out (the diagnosis) and I really don't want to go on daily Pharms to mellow it out. If it will persist I might do a Healing Ritual, but it's quite bearable up until now and daily Pharms, even Benzo's as an anti-psychedelic... I guess it's not my way.

Yup, already knew there's flashbacks and HPPD all over the Shroomery, read some epileptic seizure stories too. I used to be very gung-ho in that I really believed the whole world should Psychedelisize, but I agree with Dr. Sidney Cohen who said way back in the '60:

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER TAKE A MINDSTIRRER LIKE LSD

I guess that holds true for Shrooms too. But I am glad I made the Shrooming decision: It has greatly enhanced both insight and the quality of life for me.
But now this... Well: I'll see how it'll work out. I still stick with my sig, tho.
More contributions, anyone?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: ]
    #837155 - 08/22/02 10:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, BTW Newt:

Those small yet intense dots of colored light are called "phosphene discharges". Had a few of them too. It's when one of the rods & cones in your eye decides to transmit it's signal despite not being triggered by light.
Fairly common for trippers & alot of nontrippers have it too.
Quite harmless, so I've read...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #837190 - 08/22/02 11:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

After 100+ acid trips i can say that nothing gives you HPPD like LSD. It fades with time whereas even after not tripping on mushrooms for three monthes, if i want to make the lamp or the carpet move and gyrate i just have to stare the right way... Time heals all...

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#837194 - 08/22/02 11:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit NEWT! I get that tiny 'pop' or prick of light that flashes like a blink - that one never goes away!

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: GhostWalker]
    #837339 - 08/23/02 03:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have just assumed you can't put the cat back in the bag as it were... I have just assumed you are teaching the brain new ways to function.

Definately. I guess that's why it doesn't worry me. I feel much more 'in tune' than I used to feel.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #837385 - 08/23/02 04:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Can someone describe one of those extreme cases?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #837543 - 08/23/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I tripped way to many weekends in row this year and the mushrooms left me with more of mental aftereffects. Some times it seams i get into a "tripping mindset". My mind will race and i get this buzzing sensation all over my body i would frequently associate with mushrooms. It scared me for a while and thought i was goin nuts, but its all good now.

Just keep my trips frequent and far betweeen. I know understand mushrooms are not a drug to be done every weekend . Ive always had mild visuals and the first time i can remember ever having visuals was when i had a real bad fever and ive noticed them ever since then.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

#838393 - 08/23/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've got so much of this, when I quit drugs it
will be like "wow, the walls aren't breathing".

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
    #839630 - 08/24/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Fairly common for trippers & alot of nontrippers have it too.
Quite harmless, so I've read..."

Is it like when you look at a wall and you see a colored dot? Id like to know more about that phenemeon so I can relate anyway people, esp those with active imaginations, like I had ever since like I was 4. at that age, I sometimes imagined the shadows to be "monsters" It wasnt what id call a hallunication though, just something like from an inkblot test where you can make out faces and shapes from ink blots. you can get fractuals from looking at bright lights or colors. look at a bright light and blink then look at a white wall and with yer eyes closed.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: LSAuser]
    #839711 - 08/24/02 03:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Another day in Lysergia. I found more peace with it and it's intensity seems less, allthough it usually fortifies in the evening.
Watching TV static & my carpet have become a multiple daily thing for me. It's sooo weird to be in a light Trip & not having imbided anything Psychoactive...

HPPD is thought to be a derangement of nerves with Serotonin on the one side and GABA on the other, so I put it to the test and popped the equivalent of 5mg Valium yesterday. This indeed makes the visuals less intrusive, generally milder & makes for a more stable mindset.
Wouldn't even DREAM of taking 'em daily tho.
That's a road leading nowhere, besides addiction and withdrawal reactions.

Those dots of light? It's just like a really tiny yet maximally intense lightbulb is switched on in your eye, or that a very small laserbeam of one colour or another shines right into it. As I understand it it's an eye effect, nothing Psychedelic.
If it'll happen to you, you'll know what we mean.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
    #839876 - 08/24/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

100 mg. Dilantin (suggest real Parke-Davis, as my experience is that generic Phenytoin is a lot dirtier and causes headaches) per day at bedtime, for 30 days... brain stabilizers take some time to work. i.e. allow the neurons to ressume normal
function... Melatonin also will help, especially restore normal sleep cycle...
Phosphatidyl Serine gelcaps with Pantethine (biologically active B-5) will help stabilize membranes (thyere a lot of PS in the neronal membrane).... I heard of a guy who thought he'd completely come down, except there was a green cigarrette that follwed him all over the place. Everything else was o.k. but when he looked behind him.... there was this green cigarrette... he self admitted because this cig was driving him crazy....

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dendritic44]
    #839895 - 08/24/02 05:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

one thought on Phosphatidyl Serine... it can make you feel a bit tight and jumpy, 'cuz its raising you acetylcholine levels... however, one the other side ., smokers will feel less craving, because nicotine gives you an acetylcholine buzz...
I love a european sourced sleeping pill which drops me into nice phase 4 sleep,
where all the importants rest and repair takes place. One theory is that trippified brains have disturbed sleep patterns and they neve get to spend enough time in stage 4 sleep, and the brain won't correctly reset itself.
After hard deep sleep with maybe 15 mg. of zopiclone I take a Phosphatidyl Serine gelcap in the morning. Replenishes the neurotransmiiter... maybe an nice shot of 5-htp (hydroxytryptophan), with Inositol (like 3 grams at at time... totally nontoxic) and Taurine (another excellent membrane stabilizer.... 2-3 grams) with our old friend Methylcobalamin... all this could help in pulling your brain back into correct orbit

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #841417 - 08/24/02 09:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Could this be considered HPPD or just a general change in perception? Since I first tripped on shrooms, and I looked into the mirror I have noticed a different kind of reflection. Im not saying that I myself seem different I just seem to be 3-D not that I wasnt before or anything, but when I am not tripping I just seem to look different i see myself... confused could this be HPPD or just a change in perception because of what I saw in the mirror the first time?
***Alex***

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: EnlightenedFreak]
    #841472 - 08/24/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have noticed many of the phenomenons you all describe..
I've visited the realm maybe ~30 times or so for Lucy and Gus each..
Smoke herb everyday for a few years now basically, with few breaks, maybe soon though. Have tried a fair share of random other things..

I notice I am sensitive, but I have always been. Emotionally, and perceptually.

I feel I am more sensitive to my bodys chemistry now, I can dramatically feel drinking a drink with caffiene. I still see the beautiful visual there on my carpet, LSD-ish, mushroom-ish.. just a nice flowery pattern almost that comes when I conecentrate, usually am stoned too. Sometimes I do not even notice it and it's not there. Depends on my mental focus, which is why I'd like to meditate more possibly.

I was reading that HPPD board, I didn't like that much, some peope gave off bad vibes, not even interpreting what they had correctly.

I agree basically that you can not go back to the ignorance of before. The cat has been let out of the bag and you can't put it back in there.

Thinking about it with regret or negative views will just make the cat claw your eyes out.

I sometimes get minor depression, and mania alot of the time, sometimes really not wanting to be alone with only my perception/novelty to go on..

I am still infintely happy for the wonderful things psychedelics have shown me, I am sure it has given me a better path, although I somtimes wonder how I would be without it, more of how life would be though, not my mind/body... I feel as though I am more informed/ in tune with myself..

Oh well.. Be Happy.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Edited by WildLASER (08/24/02 11:04 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#841685 - 08/25/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Today it seems quite less strong, lucky for me...
I guess I'll just ride it out, but my intuition sez this won't take long anymore.
Perhaps there was some Psychologix to it at the basis.
There still is movement, but much less intense than it was before.

Dilantin seems too big a step for me right now. I have been taking extra vits&mins along with a gram of both vit. C and Taurine twice a day and think this has helped somewhat. I'll keep it up.

HPPD's a mainly perceptual thing. And I really think it's that because I've never heared of weeks-long continuous flashbacks and the term "LSD Psychosis" does not apply to the state I'm in. Sure: I'm more suggestible and emotional (almost literally cried my eyes out yesterday on watching "Schindler's List") and fantasies & daydreaming take up more space & time than usual, but "Psychotic"? Nope: no delusions, intense fears, higher drive or exhaustion, I sleep well and no "Real" hallucinations of any kind, so I guess I'm in the clear.

Alot of us have perceptual changes since our adventures in Lysergia started. Occasionally the carpet came alive for me in the past but I never thought much of it exept it was beautiful & a welcome freebie. Another weird thing is misreading words to fit what you're thinking about.

Another really weird thing that has commenced since my first trips I've also seen described in PiHKAL (Check it out & download it at Erowid!) is that I developed a tendency to rub my feet together. Not all the time , but several times each week.
Strange...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: WildLASER]
    #841688 - 08/25/02 03:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, btw...

Since tripping some time Caffe?ne has become a bombshell for me. Hold the coffee for 2 days, take a big mug and... BOOOOMMM!
I think all that everyone seeks in their Crystal & Rit I find in my morning coffee!
Indeed, one becomes way more sensitive after having tripped several times...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #841735 - 08/25/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Decaf buddy....LOL

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #843765 - 08/26/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ive had hppd for 7 years itr does not go away it wont get better it wont get worse mild hppd is bullshit theres no such thing if u ask msot of the true hppders eithe ru have it or u dont PATTERNSEVERYWHWERE IN YOUR VISUALFIELD EVERYWHERE~! if u have to look for it u do not have hppd.

minor hppd i wouldent even call hppd

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: LCid]
    #843852 - 08/26/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well after my three 5meodmt reexperiences for about a year afterwards my visual imagery was always pretty intense like if I imagined something I thought it might actually appear stuff like that but it did pretty much go away.......

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #844190 - 08/26/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

5-meo dmt is not psychdelic and couldent cause hppd

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#844208 - 08/26/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't get what you mean by its not psychedelic......... It gives quite a few closed eye visuals and can (more rarely) give open eye visuals........

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#844214 - 08/26/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you think whatever you're experiencing apply's to everyone which shows you don't have a clue.......

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #844441 - 08/26/02 12:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

acctully im the top poster at the hppd board so id shut up lol. 5-meo dmt does not produce full on psychdelic patterns it ussually dosent ive never seen visuals with it. stormloader.com/hppd im Lucid ask ur questions thee if ur trying to judghe my knowledge on hppd

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#845260 - 08/26/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

top poster ??? what is that supposed to mean ? Just because you post alot on web based forums that are supposed to revolve around a particular topic doesn't mean you know anything about it........ I got alot of closed eye visuals from 5meodmt...... Just because you didn't doesn't mean noone else does..... Whatever kind of problems you have that "never get worse", "never get better", and "never go away"...... might be related to your usage of meth and zero sleep for many days in a row....... Goodluck !

Notice in the definition psychedelic isn't even used and in TIHKAL in the 5meodmt section in one of the experience reports its described as a "powerful Hallucinogen"

This is the definition of HPPD.........

A. The re-experiencing, following cesssation of use of a hallucinogen, of one or more of the perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated wiht the hallucinogen (e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual fields, flashes of colors, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia.

B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain, visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, Schizophrenia) or hypnopompic hallucinations.

Edited by dilatedcreature (08/26/02 06:42 PM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #848182 - 08/27/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dr abrahm who stated the criteria etc. is a fucking flake retarded he coined hppd yes. but its a bullshit way to think about it to begin with. 5-meo dmt isnt even slightly visual

top psoter means ive discusssed with more people then anyone has

Edited by LCid (08/27/02 10:37 PM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #848192 - 08/27/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

infact erowid dosent even say there are visuals

POSITIVE
short duration
immersive experiences
powerful "rushing" sensation
radical perspective shifting
profound life-changing spiritual experiences

NEUTRAL
change in perception of time
experience of "the void"

NEGATIVE
overly-intense experiences
hard on the lungs to smoke
difficulty integrating experiences
fear, terror and panic
fast onset and intensity can lead to problems if
not prepared (dropped pipe, knocking things over, falling)

ive gottin closed eye visuals since i was a kid without the use of psychdelics

ive never once seen visuals on 5-mep dmt except mixing it with lsd

Edited by LCid (08/27/02 10:40 PM)

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#849211 - 08/28/02 11:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wrong it can be very visual.......

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#849214 - 08/28/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

go read the experience reports i'm 100 percent sure that there is more than one report on erowid that mentions visuals.....

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #849286 - 08/28/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

have u ever read msot of the reports posted there? they are exageratedf to hell and back jsut look at some of the weed smoking experience reports shits halarious

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#852364 - 08/29/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Whoa.. This 5-MeO debate.. I'm not even going there!

The last 2 days there has been alot less visual fx. It seems to lessen every day, so it at least wasn't severe... Continuous intensity of HPPD is indeed commonly reported, so I guess I'm lucky. But weeks.. too long for a flashback and it surely wasn't a psychotic reaction of any sort. There's all sorts of durations for HPPD, with cases lasting for years being relatively rare...
The visuals for me are about 1/4 of what they were.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #853490 - 08/30/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how u figure u know so much about hppd? lol

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#854143 - 08/30/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think what most of us are discussing is not HPPD - but just mild perception changes. And these definately fade with time.
I too have noticed a difference in the effects of other drugs ...

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#854393 - 08/31/02 04:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

...By reading everything i can lay my hands on on the subject ofcourse!
A nice place for the newbie would be the DSM IV criteria like found on

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_health2.shtml

But not for you, you seem to know everything...
There's varying degrees of HPPD just as there are varying degrees of politeness.. LUL!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
    #855122 - 08/31/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

not all the after effects are perceptual. You can also be emotionally labile
for an extended period. Like Wiccan's uncontrolled crying after seeing the movie.
You could experience "leakage"... you're tring to think about one thing and
other thoughts keep intruding. HPPD is by definition a perceptual disorder, but
there are significant other ways thinking can be disordered. One thing I've noticed over time is that people who have problems with drug effects tend to be people who have trouble with excess sugar intake. Dunno if the sugar is causing an
insulin imbalance that is magnifying the aftereffects, if oral-compulsive personalities are equally drawn to drugs and sugar, or what. But you might want to consider a pre-industrial style diet for a while... no refined sugar, cookies, candies, munchie trash that causes your insulin to skyrocket then your bloodsugar to crash. That may be causing some of the emotioanal swinging.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#858180 - 09/02/02 12:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes: It's my experience too.

Not only I had that Schindler's List thingie, but overall I'm emotionally less balanced, more easily offended & such. Now it ain't out of control or something like that, but there's a real difference, quite noticable and distinct from my usual baseline. Emotions tend to be stronger and this correlates with the intensity of visuals I experience at that moment. All is less now, tho.

About the sugars & starches: I'm on a paleolithic diet, consuming no more than say 10-20grams of carbs (2-4 lumps of sugar's worth, mostly starch) a day but this has no real impact on my functioning.
I doubt I've got a serious insulin imbalance. Otherwise I'd likely get severe munchies after grass or coffee and that just isn't happening. I never had a sweet tooth but I do love starches (bread, potatoes) like anyone else. :grin:

I think I'm on the path to "recovery". All effects are diminishing daily.
And I DO take my vits & mins, in case you're wondering....

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #1341005 - 02/27/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

A Segment about hppd was jsut on NPR u can
check out the hppd message baord at

listen to it at and find out more information at
http://www.hppdonline.com/

check out the hppd message baord at
http://pub25.ezboard.com/fhppd44118frm1

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1346039 - 03/02/03 01:44 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Thanx, man... We cool?

I'm entering my 7th month now, still visuals of varying intensity with moods etc. to fit. Haven't tripped for a long time, it still hasn't diminished.
It ain't severe, but 100% real nontheless & every once in a while lines of text start moving too. I feel it's OK, but I sure didn't have this before...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineSeabird2k
i dont do drugs
Loc: South Australia
    #4233437 - 05/29/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sorry to bring up an old topic but wondering if you have had any effects now 2 years later ?

cheers
Seabird2k

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4233517 - 05/29/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
After 100+ acid trips i can say that nothing gives you HPPD like LSD. It fades with time whereas even after not tripping on mushrooms for three monthes, if i want to make the lamp or the carpet move and gyrate i just have to stare the right way... Time heals all... 

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had a very low case of HPPD after my 10th grade year of HS in which I dropped every other day. My mind felt very changed from it. Especially when I woke up in the morning and smoked a bowl before school. Everything always looked "off". Different than it did before my psychedelic experiences. Best way I can put it. If I would stare at somthing long enough or just right I could make it breathe. This has all faded with time. Took about a year and a half to completely fade.

Good luck to you and much blessings. This will fade away in time.

:sun::heart::sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4233597 - 05/29/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Wiccan ,just a thought that might help!

Actually im going to point you to one of your FAQ's : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3243842

Niacinamide! Maybe you could use that to even further diminish the visuals by thinking less of them,maybe this can also help that part of your brain counting days in "Lysergia" to loosen up a bit :laugh:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4233620 - 05/29/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had some pretty intense recurring visuals after a couple years of dosing LSD very frequently. Grass would sway and grow, tree limbs climbing continually into the sky, white walls would have the classic tye-dye effect with black creeping in and out in the corners of my eyes. I used a lot of pure MDMA and some MDA at the end of my frequent LSD usage. Smoking pot and rolling would give me incredible visuals.

I quit all drugs for about 8-10months and took 5-HTP occasionally and niacinamide almost daily. It cleared up 95%. I still get minor disturbances that I doubt will ever go away.

edit: to say I am still not using niacinamide and 5-HTP, I used them for about 3 months.

--------------------

Edited by Organic (05/30/05 12:01 PM)

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Organic]
    #4233981 - 05/29/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

To anybody who'se had much experience like us: What do TV static and "hallucinogenic surfaces" do to you? Do you get visual FX? Go stare for some time & report!

I see 3-D shapes rotating on a TV screen and can remeber having seen this when I was 12, way before any drug use. My friend claims to be able to see swirling patterns on the ceiling if he stares long enough (only done shrooms 1 or two times in his life). I think it all will come down to what you take from it. Perhaps our minds just have learned to see in an altered way, though it is a way that all people can see, with or without the use of hallucinogens.

Personally I love to stare at a static television becuase it is a mental exercise in visualation. I think if you practiced enough you could actually learn from this and gain insight into your own psyche. People might think it's weird but who cares, what's the harm?

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4236414 - 05/30/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Close to ten years of moderate psychedelic usage has left me with what I would call visual noize.

Couldn't really say whether or not its hppd.

Staring at things can induce mild patternings and visualizations, but have discussed this with non tripping friends, they too have found they can produce the same effects I describe.

Same goes for wierd free association of objects in the periphery. A steel propane tank may appear as a rhino or something out of the corner of your eye.

Yep.

--------------------
µgrammar

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4236528 - 05/30/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

For me it's hard to tell if I just have a vivid imagination or if I have HPPD. 

To be honest if it is HPPD I can't say I mind.  :smile:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Seabird2k]
    #4239221 - 05/31/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sorry to bring up an old topic but wondering if you have had any effects now 2 years later ?

Yup, i still have them. Prominently. And no: i'm not counting days but have accepted the new me. So I've got visuals for 2 years straight now? Wow.

All the more it shows that to choose to be a tripper can affect you 24/7 for the rest of your life.

People want k00l drug5 so they take mushrooms, but don't appreciate the fact that it is one of the biggest decisions in your life, even if you just use them as an adjunct to watching Dragonball Z on the TV.

I've been psychedelicised permanently. Permanent mild visuals and increased psychodynamics. I've become a little bit high all the time.

Occasionally I still trip. It worsens nor eases the effects, and I have accepted it as being part of the rest of my life.
Permafried... I'm glad its treshold-strength or it would be distracting to say the least.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4240943 - 05/31/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've had 4-6 month bouts... but with time, it has always gone away... and when HPPD is minor, it is sorta' nice.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRudra
Enlightened
 User Gallery

Loc: Potala
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Rose]
    #4241002 - 05/31/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I gained HPPD after massive usage of psychedelics. Mainly datura caused it more. But it was after mushrooms. But is something I enjoy. HPPD is zen.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Rudra]
    #4241269 - 05/31/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i've been using hallucinogens for no longer than 2 years, and i would say i experience a mild case of HPPD also. up until about a week ago it had been mainly surface movements and objects breathing - nothing that bothered me at all.

however, i had recently been experiencing a sensation that comes out of the blue and feels as if my mind molecules disperse and float out into space. in this moment, i panic because it feels as if i've lost control of my body (and it has happened while driving), but luckily it only lasts a second. i can only assimilate this feeling with that of 'sponteneous astral projection', and as i had recently tried dmt for the first time i figured it may be the cause.

i seem to be the only one in my circle of friends who experiences this HPPD, but i hope this fades as other effects have in the past.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: ajna]
    #4241611 - 05/31/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i almost gaurantee that you are now smoking weed wiccan seeker, and i almost gaurantee that if you lay off the weed for about a month things will calm down a lot, maybe not go completely away but calm down quite considerably. I used to think that i had HPPD but i've recently quit smoking weed to pass a drug test for a job, since i've quit i haven't had a HPPD experience since. I've also read that it can't be HPPD unless you are completely sober, not even high on mother natures friend-Mary Jane. Quit smoking for a while and see what happens

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4241624 - 05/31/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

maybe i take back my last post, i din't read all 7 pages, sorry to jump to conclusions, but if you do smoke weed, see if it persists if you quit for like 2 months.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4242174 - 05/31/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting dingle...

I imagine Wiccan's dipped his fingers in some acid too...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4243019 - 06/01/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i almost gaurantee that you are now smoking weed wiccan seeker

Not as much as a crumb since December 2002  :laugh:

Quote:

I've also read that it can't be HPPD unless you are completely sober

I use "drugs" about once in 1-3 months and a splash of beer every other week or so.
Nope: its really HPPD, the trip doesnt wear off. It isnt psychologic either, such as flashbacks are.

Im used do the image in my mirror boiling and the gentle shapeshifting of everything i look at. I'd be shocked if my carpet wasnt subtly morphing at first glance.

You are right that cannabis is an overlooked factor. People forget its a minor psychedelic and its my experience that people who had intense trips tend to get trippier weed highs.

When I enteres the psychedelic era in 1993 I had read enough offline to know I was making a lifetime decision. People boast that psychedelics change you, but get terrified if they DO change. I've ceased worrying and have accepted that I live life on treshold and that I look at the world with Lysergic eyes.
Hey, I'm a shaman, to me it has become a gift.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4243965 - 06/01/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I hadn't realized that this thread was 2 years old. I'm happy for you that you are able to cope with this and that its very mild. :sun:

Any other noted effects other than visual distortions?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
    #4243976 - 06/01/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i have all ways thought it would be cool to have HPPD, but not full-blown tripping 24/7, just threshold like W_S.

i have heard stories of people knowing someone who knows someone who took a shitload of acid and now thinks he is a glass of orange juice; only afraid of being spilled or drank. i think that probably came from a movie, doesn't seem possible. has anyone actually met someone like this?

Wiccan Seeker, what do you think would happen to you if you did smoke some weed? i think i read a post where you said it gives you some sort of bad reaction, like allergies or something, but if it didn't, how do you think the effects of the THC would alter the "normal" effects you get now? surly more intense, what do you think?

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: chubbycharley]
    #4244123 - 06/01/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The "Orange juice" story has never been confirmed... it is very likely, an old wive's tale.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4245154 - 06/01/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chubbycharley said:
i have heard stories of people knowing someone who knows someone who took a shitload of acid and now thinks he is a glass of orange juice; only afraid of being spilled or drank. i think that probably came from a movie, doesn't seem possible. has anyone actually met someone like this?

I think everybody that journeyed on L in HS and had buddies that did also had that friend of a friend of a friend of an uncles friends cousins best friends brother in-law who thought he was a glass of OJ.

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4246888 - 06/02/05 02:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i think i read a post where you said it gives you some sort of bad reaction, like allergies or something

Actually it's the risk of getting a second heart attack and dying with a joint between my fingers but yeah, I guess that counts as a bad reaction :wink:

Aside for me cringing and moaning, squirting nitroglycerin emergency medicine in my mouth, dialing Dutch 911 and hissing and snarling my home address into the telephone and clutching my chest whilst praying on the inside I would say my HPPD would probably intensify :smirk:

Cannabis is a known trigger of flashbacks and it can cause hallucinatory states on its own, which makes it very probable that THC facilitates continued HPPD in potsmoking trippers. After I quit weed the HPPD went down some notches, so yes, very probable.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4246936 - 06/02/05 03:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Glad you made it through that heart attack Wiccan...the Shroomery wouldn't be the same without you.  :heart:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: MOTH]
    #4247263 - 06/02/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

After the first time i tripped real good i can "give" myself hppd so to speak. I just need to concentrate for a second on an object and i can make it go trippy.

Some times at night before i sleep laying in bed ill notice the ceiling is flashing and pulsing around like it would be if i was dosed. None of this ever really bothers me or get in the way of everyday life. White walls and blue skys do it for me the worst.

I dont think i have and "affliction" or anything and i think my little visuals where always there. Just after taking a big dose am i able to notice them.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineWatchTheWeather
Stranger
    #10044018 - 03/26/09 05:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This is my first post, and I'd like to thank the creators and members of this site for making such a wide range of experiences available to people who don't necessarily know what to believe about mushrooms and so on.

I have had a similar experience to some of you in that I can 'will' patterns to move by staring at them, but it is quite a subtle effect.  The odd part is, I haven't actually done psychedelics before.  The effect reminds me of those wavy animations that warp your vision if you stare at them, which I have done many times.  It seems to have 'come from' that.  I think this is just something your brain 'learns' how to do, and can't ever forget.  It's subtle, though, in fact I probably would never have noticed it if I hadn't been reading this thread.  I assume when I ever get around to trying a hallucinogen, I'll be able to do it much easier.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: WatchTheWeather]
    #10044200 - 03/26/09 07:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Imagination is a tool all humans have access to.

I suspect imagination plays a part in the control of HPPD.

This is an old thread, but thanks for bumping it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
    #10046467 - 03/26/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I only did shrooms once, but now I notice that colors in the world around me in general looking ALOT more vivid. The colors just 'jump' out at me more and I seem to notice patterns on walls that I have never noticed/seen before. When I look at my carpet, I get lines racing all over it. From every direction, but only over the carpet. Weird, but I don't mind these strange things.

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: jared11]
    #10047380 - 03/26/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wait, so do you feel fucked at all? Is there any "What's going on"? If so i may want to stop now, if it's just sensory i really don't care at all.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineStream
Of the Dark Side

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: jared11]
    #13204112 - 09/16/10 12:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jared11 said:
When I look at my carpet, I get lines racing all over it. From every direction, but only over the carpet. Weird, but I don't mind these strange things.

I have the same thing and it was a side effect of shrooms. I think the more you do them the more you can get hppd, but you can certainly get it after just 1 trip.

It doesn't happen all the time for me though, some days it's instant and you don't even have to try, while other days it's not gonna happen even for some reason you force yourself.

I've been living with it for 9 years now and I think it has to do with how psychoactive your brain is at a particular point in time. It's very mild and nothing to be concerned about though.

Invisiblevalleysofneptune
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Stream]
    #13211476 - 09/17/10 08:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yep there's nothing like HPPD. sometimes i can randomly smell weed or things will randomly tase purple lol. if that makes sense. or if i stare at something everything else will go black except for the object that i am staring at. or things will just randomly start moving and flowing flashing etc etc. from psychoactives-ectasy. :icanthearyou:

OfflineAstoriaOssip
The Shroom that never was
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: valleysofneptune]
    #13220094 - 09/19/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

For 25 years ago I had done LSD about, i don't know - 15 to 50 times in a three year period (that time in my life was real messy, in all situations).

And I had a constant disorder for several years after that where the corners in the ceiling (for example) seemed to not 'fit'- it almost was as one of the walls was just about one centimeter lower than the other one - and that was impossible to me to see which of them it was.

And there was some effects where the blinds seemed to turn into multiple lying spirals.

I think there was some other effects as well, but I am not very sure.

As I was 'done' with drugs for some time before that it was gone, and have been in many years until I for just a few months back felt I wanted to try some hallucinogens again - the flashbacks disappeared.

I think that if I at that point had continue taken hallucinogens then it had increased.

I met a person that had taken LSD once in his life, and he was seeing flies constantly - even in the middle of the winter.

My advice to them that have flashbacks and / or HPPD is to quit take at least hallucinogens as long as it needs until it's over - sometimes there need to be several years.
Either that or I am quite sure that it will be worse.

I don't know how smoking pot/salvia etc make the HPPD to increase or not - but to me it toke about 4 years (possibly more) completely off drugs before It all was gone.

---------------------
My Trip Report
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=13212690&page=0&vc=1#13212690
---------------------

--------------------
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Svensk ANTI-rasist
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder