Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: LCid]
    #845260 - 08/26/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

top poster ??? what is that supposed to mean ? Just because you post alot on web based forums that are supposed to revolve around a particular topic doesn't mean you know anything about it........ I got alot of closed eye visuals from 5meodmt...... Just because you didn't doesn't mean noone else does..... Whatever kind of problems you have that "never get worse", "never get better", and "never go away"...... might be related to your usage of meth and zero sleep for many days in a row....... Goodluck !

Notice in the definition psychedelic isn't even used and in TIHKAL in the 5meodmt section in one of the experience reports its described as a "powerful Hallucinogen"

This is the definition of HPPD.........

A. The re-experiencing, following cesssation of use of a hallucinogen, of one or more of the perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated wiht the hallucinogen (e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual fields, flashes of colors, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia.

B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain, visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, Schizophrenia) or hypnopompic hallucinations.

Edited by dilatedcreature (08/26/02 06:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #848182 - 08/27/02 10:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dr abrahm who stated the criteria etc. is a fucking flake retarded he coined hppd yes. but its a bullshit way to think about it to begin with. 5-meo dmt isnt even slightly visual

top psoter means ive discusssed with more people then anyone has

Edited by LCid (08/27/02 10:37 PM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #848192 - 08/27/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

infact erowid dosent even say there are visuals

POSITIVE
short duration
immersive experiences
powerful "rushing" sensation
radical perspective shifting
profound life-changing spiritual experiences

NEUTRAL
change in perception of time
experience of "the void"

NEGATIVE
overly-intense experiences
hard on the lungs to smoke
difficulty integrating experiences
fear, terror and panic
fast onset and intensity can lead to problems if
not prepared (dropped pipe, knocking things over, falling)

ive gottin closed eye visuals since i was a kid without the use of psychdelics

ive never once seen visuals on 5-mep dmt except mixing it with lsd

Edited by LCid (08/27/02 10:40 PM)

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#849211 - 08/28/02 11:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wrong it can be very visual.......

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#849214 - 08/28/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

go read the experience reports i'm 100 percent sure that there is more than one report on erowid that mentions visuals.....

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #849286 - 08/28/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

have u ever read msot of the reports posted there? they are exageratedf to hell and back jsut look at some of the weed smoking experience reports shits halarious

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#852364 - 08/29/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Whoa.. This 5-MeO debate.. I'm not even going there!

The last 2 days there has been alot less visual fx. It seems to lessen every day, so it at least wasn't severe... Continuous intensity of HPPD is indeed commonly reported, so I guess I'm lucky. But weeks.. too long for a flashback and it surely wasn't a psychotic reaction of any sort. There's all sorts of durations for HPPD, with cases lasting for years being relatively rare...
The visuals for me are about 1/4 of what they were.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Asante]
    #853490 - 08/30/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how u figure u know so much about hppd? lol

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #854143 - 08/30/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think what most of us are discussing is not HPPD - but just mild perception changes. And these definately fade with time.
I too have noticed a difference in the effects of other drugs ...

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#854393 - 08/31/02 04:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

...By reading everything i can lay my hands on on the subject ofcourse!
A nice place for the newbie would be the DSM IV criteria like found on

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_health2.shtml

But not for you, you seem to know everything...
There's varying degrees of HPPD just as there are varying degrees of politeness.. LUL!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
    #855122 - 08/31/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

not all the after effects are perceptual. You can also be emotionally labile
for an extended period. Like Wiccan's uncontrolled crying after seeing the movie.
You could experience "leakage"... you're tring to think about one thing and
other thoughts keep intruding. HPPD is by definition a perceptual disorder, but
there are significant other ways thinking can be disordered. One thing I've noticed over time is that people who have problems with drug effects tend to be people who have trouble with excess sugar intake. Dunno if the sugar is causing an
insulin imbalance that is magnifying the aftereffects, if oral-compulsive personalities are equally drawn to drugs and sugar, or what. But you might want to consider a pre-industrial style diet for a while... no refined sugar, cookies, candies, munchie trash that causes your insulin to skyrocket then your bloodsugar to crash. That may be causing some of the emotioanal swinging.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dendritic44]
    #858180 - 09/02/02 12:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes: It's my experience too.

Not only I had that Schindler's List thingie, but overall I'm emotionally less balanced, more easily offended & such. Now it ain't out of control or something like that, but there's a real difference, quite noticable and distinct from my usual baseline. Emotions tend to be stronger and this correlates with the intensity of visuals I experience at that moment. All is less now, tho.

About the sugars & starches: I'm on a paleolithic diet, consuming no more than say 10-20grams of carbs (2-4 lumps of sugar's worth, mostly starch) a day but this has no real impact on my functioning.
I doubt I've got a serious insulin imbalance. Otherwise I'd likely get severe munchies after grass or coffee and that just isn't happening. I never had a sweet tooth but I do love starches (bread, potatoes) like anyone else. :grin:

I think I'm on the path to "recovery". All effects are diminishing daily.
And I DO take my vits & mins, in case you're wondering....

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
    #1341005 - 02/27/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

A Segment about hppd was jsut on NPR u can
check out the hppd message baord at

listen to it at and find out more information at
http://www.hppdonline.com/

check out the hppd message baord at
http://pub25.ezboard.com/fhppd44118frm1

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1346039 - 03/02/03 01:44 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Thanx, man... We cool?

I'm entering my 7th month now, still visuals of varying intensity with moods etc. to fit. Haven't tripped for a long time, it still hasn't diminished.
It ain't severe, but 100% real nontheless & every once in a while lines of text start moving too. I feel it's OK, but I sure didn't have this before...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineSeabird2k
i dont do drugs
Loc: South Australia
    #4233437 - 05/29/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sorry to bring up an old topic but wondering if you have had any effects now 2 years later ?

cheers
Seabird2k

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4233517 - 05/29/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
After 100+ acid trips i can say that nothing gives you HPPD like LSD. It fades with time whereas even after not tripping on mushrooms for three monthes, if i want to make the lamp or the carpet move and gyrate i just have to stare the right way... Time heals all... 

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had a very low case of HPPD after my 10th grade year of HS in which I dropped every other day. My mind felt very changed from it. Especially when I woke up in the morning and smoked a bowl before school. Everything always looked "off". Different than it did before my psychedelic experiences. Best way I can put it. If I would stare at somthing long enough or just right I could make it breathe. This has all faded with time. Took about a year and a half to completely fade.

Good luck to you and much blessings. This will fade away in time.

:sun::heart::sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4233597 - 05/29/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Wiccan ,just a thought that might help!

Actually im going to point you to one of your FAQ's : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3243842

Niacinamide! Maybe you could use that to even further diminish the visuals by thinking less of them,maybe this can also help that part of your brain counting days in "Lysergia" to loosen up a bit :laugh:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4233620 - 05/29/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had some pretty intense recurring visuals after a couple years of dosing LSD very frequently. Grass would sway and grow, tree limbs climbing continually into the sky, white walls would have the classic tye-dye effect with black creeping in and out in the corners of my eyes. I used a lot of pure MDMA and some MDA at the end of my frequent LSD usage. Smoking pot and rolling would give me incredible visuals.

I quit all drugs for about 8-10months and took 5-HTP occasionally and niacinamide almost daily. It cleared up 95%. I still get minor disturbances that I doubt will ever go away.

edit: to say I am still not using niacinamide and 5-HTP, I used them for about 3 months.

--------------------

Edited by Organic (05/30/05 12:01 PM)

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Organic]
    #4233981 - 05/29/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

To anybody who'se had much experience like us: What do TV static and "hallucinogenic surfaces" do to you? Do you get visual FX? Go stare for some time & report!

I see 3-D shapes rotating on a TV screen and can remeber having seen this when I was 12, way before any drug use. My friend claims to be able to see swirling patterns on the ceiling if he stares long enough (only done shrooms 1 or two times in his life). I think it all will come down to what you take from it. Perhaps our minds just have learned to see in an altered way, though it is a way that all people can see, with or without the use of hallucinogens.

Personally I love to stare at a static television becuase it is a mental exercise in visualation. I think if you practiced enough you could actually learn from this and gain insight into your own psyche. People might think it's weird but who cares, what's the harm?

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4236414 - 05/30/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Close to ten years of moderate psychedelic usage has left me with what I would call visual noize.

Couldn't really say whether or not its hppd.

Staring at things can induce mild patternings and visualizations, but have discussed this with non tripping friends, they too have found they can produce the same effects I describe.

Same goes for wierd free association of objects in the periphery. A steel propane tank may appear as a rhino or something out of the corner of your eye.

Yep.

--------------------
µgrammar

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies