Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: ]
    #837194 - 08/22/02 11:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit NEWT! I get that tiny 'pop' or prick of light that flashes like a blink - that one never goes away!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: GhostWalker]
    #837339 - 08/23/02 03:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have just assumed you can't put the cat back in the bag as it were... I have just assumed you are teaching the brain new ways to function.

Definately. I guess that's why it doesn't worry me. I feel much more 'in tune' than I used to feel.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #837385 - 08/23/02 04:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Can someone describe one of those extreme cases?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Fd3000]
    #837543 - 08/23/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I tripped way to many weekends in row this year and the mushrooms left me with more of mental aftereffects. Some times it seams i get into a "tripping mindset". My mind will race and i get this buzzing sensation all over my body i would frequently associate with mushrooms. It scared me for a while and thought i was goin nuts, but its all good now.

Just keep my trips frequent and far betweeen. I know understand mushrooms are not a drug to be done every weekend . Ive always had mild visuals and the first time i can remember ever having visuals was when i had a real bad fever and ive noticed them ever since then.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Fd3000]
    #838393 - 08/23/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've got so much of this, when I quit drugs it
will be like "wow, the walls aren't breathing".

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: ]
    #839630 - 08/24/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Fairly common for trippers & alot of nontrippers have it too.
Quite harmless, so I've read..."

Is it like when you look at a wall and you see a colored dot? Id like to know more about that phenemeon so I can relate anyway people, esp those with active imaginations, like I had ever since like I was 4. at that age, I sometimes imagined the shadows to be "monsters" It wasnt what id call a hallunication though, just something like from an inkblot test where you can make out faces and shapes from ink blots. you can get fractuals from looking at bright lights or colors. look at a bright light and blink then look at a white wall and with yer eyes closed.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: LSAuser]
    #839711 - 08/24/02 03:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Another day in Lysergia. I found more peace with it and it's intensity seems less, allthough it usually fortifies in the evening.
Watching TV static & my carpet have become a multiple daily thing for me. It's sooo weird to be in a light Trip & not having imbided anything Psychoactive...

HPPD is thought to be a derangement of nerves with Serotonin on the one side and GABA on the other, so I put it to the test and popped the equivalent of 5mg Valium yesterday. This indeed makes the visuals less intrusive, generally milder & makes for a more stable mindset.
Wouldn't even DREAM of taking 'em daily tho.
That's a road leading nowhere, besides addiction and withdrawal reactions.

Those dots of light? It's just like a really tiny yet maximally intense lightbulb is switched on in your eye, or that a very small laserbeam of one colour or another shines right into it. As I understand it it's an eye effect, nothing Psychedelic.
If it'll happen to you, you'll know what we mean.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: Asante]
    #839876 - 08/24/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

100 mg. Dilantin (suggest real Parke-Davis, as my experience is that generic Phenytoin is a lot dirtier and causes headaches) per day at bedtime, for 30 days... brain stabilizers take some time to work. i.e. allow the neurons to ressume normal
function... Melatonin also will help, especially restore normal sleep cycle...
Phosphatidyl Serine gelcaps with Pantethine (biologically active B-5) will help stabilize membranes (thyere a lot of PS in the neronal membrane).... I heard of a guy who thought he'd completely come down, except there was a green cigarrette that follwed him all over the place. Everything else was o.k. but when he looked behind him.... there was this green cigarrette... he self admitted because this cig was driving him crazy....

Offlinedendritic44
Stranger
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dendritic44]
    #839895 - 08/24/02 05:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

one thought on Phosphatidyl Serine... it can make you feel a bit tight and jumpy, 'cuz its raising you acetylcholine levels... however, one the other side ., smokers will feel less craving, because nicotine gives you an acetylcholine buzz...
I love a european sourced sleeping pill which drops me into nice phase 4 sleep,
where all the importants rest and repair takes place. One theory is that trippified brains have disturbed sleep patterns and they neve get to spend enough time in stage 4 sleep, and the brain won't correctly reset itself.
After hard deep sleep with maybe 15 mg. of zopiclone I take a Phosphatidyl Serine gelcap in the morning. Replenishes the neurotransmiiter... maybe an nice shot of 5-htp (hydroxytryptophan), with Inositol (like 3 grams at at time... totally nontoxic) and Taurine (another excellent membrane stabilizer.... 2-3 grams) with our old friend Methylcobalamin... all this could help in pulling your brain back into correct orbit

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #841417 - 08/24/02 09:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Could this be considered HPPD or just a general change in perception? Since I first tripped on shrooms, and I looked into the mirror I have noticed a different kind of reflection. Im not saying that I myself seem different I just seem to be 3-D not that I wasnt before or anything, but when I am not tripping I just seem to look different i see myself... confused could this be HPPD or just a change in perception because of what I saw in the mirror the first time?
***Alex***

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: EnlightenedFreak]
    #841472 - 08/24/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have noticed many of the phenomenons you all describe..
I've visited the realm maybe ~30 times or so for Lucy and Gus each..
Smoke herb everyday for a few years now basically, with few breaks, maybe soon though. Have tried a fair share of random other things..

I notice I am sensitive, but I have always been. Emotionally, and perceptually.

I feel I am more sensitive to my bodys chemistry now, I can dramatically feel drinking a drink with caffiene. I still see the beautiful visual there on my carpet, LSD-ish, mushroom-ish.. just a nice flowery pattern almost that comes when I conecentrate, usually am stoned too. Sometimes I do not even notice it and it's not there. Depends on my mental focus, which is why I'd like to meditate more possibly.

I was reading that HPPD board, I didn't like that much, some peope gave off bad vibes, not even interpreting what they had correctly.

I agree basically that you can not go back to the ignorance of before. The cat has been let out of the bag and you can't put it back in there.

Thinking about it with regret or negative views will just make the cat claw your eyes out.

I sometimes get minor depression, and mania alot of the time, sometimes really not wanting to be alone with only my perception/novelty to go on..

I am still infintely happy for the wonderful things psychedelics have shown me, I am sure it has given me a better path, although I somtimes wonder how I would be without it, more of how life would be though, not my mind/body... I feel as though I am more informed/ in tune with myself..

Oh well.. Be Happy.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Edited by WildLASER (08/24/02 11:04 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dendritic44]
    #841685 - 08/25/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Today it seems quite less strong, lucky for me...
I guess I'll just ride it out, but my intuition sez this won't take long anymore.
Perhaps there was some Psychologix to it at the basis.
There still is movement, but much less intense than it was before.

Dilantin seems too big a step for me right now. I have been taking extra vits&mins along with a gram of both vit. C and Taurine twice a day and think this has helped somewhat. I'll keep it up.

HPPD's a mainly perceptual thing. And I really think it's that because I've never heared of weeks-long continuous flashbacks and the term "LSD Psychosis" does not apply to the state I'm in. Sure: I'm more suggestible and emotional (almost literally cried my eyes out yesterday on watching "Schindler's List") and fantasies & daydreaming take up more space & time than usual, but "Psychotic"? Nope: no delusions, intense fears, higher drive or exhaustion, I sleep well and no "Real" hallucinations of any kind, so I guess I'm in the clear.

Alot of us have perceptual changes since our adventures in Lysergia started. Occasionally the carpet came alive for me in the past but I never thought much of it exept it was beautiful & a welcome freebie. Another weird thing is misreading words to fit what you're thinking about.

Another really weird thing that has commenced since my first trips I've also seen described in PiHKAL (Check it out & download it at Erowid!) is that I developed a tendency to rub my feet together. Not all the time , but several times each week.
Strange...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: WildLASER]
    #841688 - 08/25/02 03:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, btw...

Since tripping some time Caffe?ne has become a bombshell for me. Hold the coffee for 2 days, take a big mug and... BOOOOMMM!
I think all that everyone seeks in their Crystal & Rit I find in my morning coffee!
Indeed, one becomes way more sensitive after having tripped several times...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #841735 - 08/25/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Decaf buddy....LOL

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #843765 - 08/26/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ive had hppd for 7 years itr does not go away it wont get better it wont get worse mild hppd is bullshit theres no such thing if u ask msot of the true hppders eithe ru have it or u dont PATTERNSEVERYWHWERE IN YOUR VISUALFIELD EVERYWHERE~! if u have to look for it u do not have hppd.

minor hppd i wouldent even call hppd

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: LCid]
    #843852 - 08/26/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well after my three 5meodmt reexperiences for about a year afterwards my visual imagery was always pretty intense like if I imagined something I thought it might actually appear stuff like that but it did pretty much go away.......

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #844190 - 08/26/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

5-meo dmt is not psychdelic and couldent cause hppd

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#844208 - 08/26/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't get what you mean by its not psychedelic......... It gives quite a few closed eye visuals and can (more rarely) give open eye visuals........

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#844214 - 08/26/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you think whatever you're experiencing apply's to everyone which shows you don't have a clue.......

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me... [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #844441 - 08/26/02 12:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

acctully im the top poster at the hppd board so id shut up lol. 5-meo dmt does not produce full on psychdelic patterns it ussually dosent ive never seen visuals with it. stormloader.com/hppd im Lucid ask ur questions thee if ur trying to judghe my knowledge on hppd

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom