Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

working like a charm sofar
    #834575 - 08/21/02 10:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys, although I am fairly new around here and am having trouble with PF tek cajes stalling in terrarium (not pinning) I have made a couple of variations to some teks that I thought might be helpfull or at least interesting.

The first is the Ultrasonic humidifier with chambers for eliminating suspensed water droplets. I used 3 2 liter bottles, inverted them and made a hanger to hold them in a triangle and upside down. Ran hose from humidifier to side near bottom (near opening) of first bottle - from top of first to bottom second - top sec. to bottom of third and top of third to fruit chamber. This tubing arrangement allows the max. time for droplets to settle before moving to next chamber. Now the important part. In the lids I drilled a hole to fit aquqrium tubing and siliconed into cap. These all combine through some tees and drop back into the humidifier. The result is a setup that never needs to be empied and humidifier rarely needs filling. My next addition to this I think I may add pollyfill to the chambers to give suspended droplets more area to condense on.

The other mod I made was to cut the skinny part off some ballons and then use the rest as a seal for the top of the PF jars. I didn't like messing with the tape and I wanted something that worked like the seal on the doctors bottles of vaccine (or whatever injectable) So now I make jars and instead of foil durring sterilization and tape after, I screw the lid on loosely and put the ballon over that. Pressure can equalize through the loose lid and I can put a seringe through the ballon to inoc. the hole closes after I pull it out. Just make sure not to stretch it too tight. I don't know how the ballons fare in a PC but they are fine when boiling to serilize.
And incase you wonder, the cakes that are stalled where done standard PF tek. This I am just now trying this on a second set of jars and they are still in colonization stage but going much better than first.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and get any comments you may have.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: working like a charm sofar [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #834605 - 08/21/02 10:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey... i liked the idea of using a balloon... i think its gr8.

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation