Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated
    #8342094 - 04/29/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Good lord, but the MSM reporters are a brain-dead bunch.

I could never be a politician. No way I could stand there with a straight face and pretend that most of their questions had any merit at all. My reaction to their idiocy would be a lot harsher than Bush's, for sure.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/29/video-bush-erupts-against-attention-deficit-media/

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: Phred]
    #8342116 - 04/29/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bush is a dumbass nuff said

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: Phred]
    #8342126 - 04/29/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If Bush never squandered his succesess in Afghanistan by invading Iraq their wouldnt of been this interview and no need to bullshit the american public that Afghanistan is being won, contrary its more violent and unstable then 4 years ago. How does Mr. Bush exactly measure victory because I sure wouldnt want failure under him.

His inept administration has cost the US a lot of lives and money, and im sure history will write him down there with Warren G. Harding and Andrew Johnson.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #8342720 - 04/29/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

wow, that's the first bush public speaking engagement where I
was sort of rooting for him.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#8342758 - 04/29/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Its always fun to watch the temper tantrums on this forum. I tend to think a lot of the Arab countries are secretly involved with the ethnic cleansing of the brainwashed jihadists. Kuwait let the coalition launch the attack from their country. The Saudis are probably directing a lot of their problem children into the extermination system they set up in Iraq. The Arab leaders are tired of being victims of jihadists themselves so Iraq might be a good solution to the problem.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: Luddite]
    #8342810 - 04/29/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

^^
Thanks for sharing

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: afoaf]
    #8343010 - 04/29/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
wow, that's the first bush public speaking engagement where I
was sort of rooting for him.

It's a wierd feeling. Sort of like the happiness you feel every time Al Sharpton gets pwned by O'Reilly

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#8343035 - 04/29/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Bush waits until the end of his Presidency to talk like an intelligent human being and not a stoned redneck... :strokebeard:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #8343096 - 04/29/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

he still wasn't too coherent

I used to think Bush was stupid, but now I think he just isn't as great a speaker, good with words, as many others.  That and maybe he has stage fright or something.

I like to think I can talk convincingly and coherently when I try, but then I know some people in math/engineering who can't string words together at ALL but are way more adept at things like math then me.  Maybe this is just different types of proficieny?

I think at this point its easier to think of bush as just a smart guy w/ shitty speaking/communication skills.

He's still an ass though :laugh:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: johnm214]
    #8344714 - 04/30/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Bleh.
It's definately nice to know our president is indeed human.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: tak]
    #8344722 - 04/30/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tak said:
Bleh.
It's definately nice to know our president is indeed reptilian.

Invisibledanknugz81
spiralingdownward
Male

Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: johnm214]
    #8345456 - 04/30/08 09:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

the guy's still an idiot. his aides are probably on the other end of the earpiece telling him what to say and he's still stumbling over every word.

"back when i gave you that exclusive on the ranch" = "i thought you were gonna play ball, you fucking cunt!"

InvisibleThe Tourist
Visiting Stranger
Male
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #8345755 - 04/30/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We all know by now that the word "success" in relation to Afghanistan and especially Iraq is a very subjective one.

So let's take Afghanistan...

We've killed a lot of members of Al-Quaeda, sure.

We've also killed a lot of civilians.

We've most likely turned many of these civilians from peaceful people into ardent anti-Americans because of the violence they and their people have endured in our name.

We've also destroyed a very poor nation and caused many, many people to starve and bear worse living conditions.

And in the first place, we demanded that Afghanistan's government turn over people that we suspect of carrying out crimes against humanity, supplying no proof that they were respnsible (to this day, we don't have proof). We then proceeded to destroy an entire country as a result of the suspected actions of a few of it's citizens.

In my opinion, between the war crimes, the loss of civilian life, and the hatred we have stirred up, this was a fucking disaster, not a success.

Some of the participants in the northern Ireland conflict were found to be living in Massachusettes, and had financed a portion of the terrorist effort there. Is the proper response for the UK to bomb the shit out of Massachusetts, hunt down all supporters of the opposition, and do all of this without even supplying proof that the people they were killing (never mind the civilians) were responsible. Uhh, NO. So why the fuck are we allowed to do this same thing to a poor, distant, Arab country? There's the lack of basic fifth grade morals aspect, the racism and xenophobia aspect, the role of revenge, etc. I could throw out some more wild guesses too...

--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
Jiddu Krishnamurti

"That's a marvelous structural technique of propaganda... It is only in folk tales, children's stories, and the journals of intellectual opinion that power is used wisely and well to destroy evil. The real world teaches very different lessons, and it takes willful and dedicated ignorance to fail to perceive them.”
Noam Chomsky

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #8345770 - 04/30/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
If Bush never squandered his succesess in Afghanistan by invading Iraq their wouldnt of been this interview and no need to bullshit the american public that Afghanistan is being won, contrary its more violent and unstable then 4 years ago. How does Mr. Bush exactly measure victory because I sure wouldnt want failure under him.

His inept administration has cost the US a lot of lives and money, and im sure history will write him down there with Warren G. Harding and Andrew Johnson.

His administration is doing EXACTLY what it intends to do. Only a moron could go on thinking after these 8 years that they were trying to do a good job. Their loyalties obviously lie elsewhere. Treason, anyone?

--------------------

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: Minstrel]
    #8345936 - 04/30/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So Bush peddles the same tired, oblivious-to-reality talking points, a reporter calls him on it, and Bush reacts like a child? This is getting "owned"? It's pretty easy to "own" someone when you cut off their mike for trying to parse or challenge your lies instead of simply transcribe them. But go ahead, have a good laugh at a botched operation whose poor management is responsible for avoidable civilian deaths, virtually no economic development, and the continuing misery the country's been in. Laugh it up all the way to your "Worst President Ever" award. Just don't mind the million of corpses along the way. Hyuk!

Invisibledanknugz81
spiralingdownward
Male

Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: Yossarian22]
    #8346171 - 04/30/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yossarian22 said:
So Bush peddles the same tired, oblivious-to-reality talking points, a reporter calls him on it, and Bush reacts like a child? This is getting "owned"? It's pretty easy to "own" someone when you cut off their mike for trying to parse or challenge your lies instead of simply transcribe them. But go ahead, have a good laugh at a botched operation whose poor management is responsible for avoidable civilian deaths, virtually no economic development, and the continuing misery the country's been in. Laugh it up all the way to your "Worst President Ever" award. Just don't mind the million of corpses along the way. Hyuk!

you honestly think this asshole gives a shit what any of us think about him. his rich friends are happy with him and view his presidency as a certified success. the tax cuts he promised are valid until 2010, and if mccain gets elected, you can bet they will be permanent. and we're a safer country - that's if you equate safety with excessive military/defense spending... life is good. if you're wealthy, that is. if you own haliburton stock, i'm you're doing quite well. otherwise :angrykidface:

Edited by danknugz81 (04/30/08 02:41 PM)

InvisibleThe Tourist
Visiting Stranger
Male
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: danknugz81]
    #8350813 - 05/01/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't say I equate safety with our military budget/ military power very much at all. It also appears that a lot of the world is thinking the same thing, and doesn't think the invasion of Iraq did much good. It obviously wasn't a "success" to wreck one country (and incite a civil war within it) and seriously cripple another one, but these peoples' opinions reflect what they think it did for the world outside of Iraq and Afghanistan as well:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5077984.stm

You can't fight hate with hate, blood doesn't wash away blood, and violence begets violence. I'd say these seem pretty universal and accurate. I'd love to see Jihadist terrorism decrease over the next few years/decades (for Westerners' safety, and especially for the safety of Arab nations who bear MUCH bigger burdens than we do as a result of the current situation), but I honestly don't think it will happen. Very sad, and very frustrating.

--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
Jiddu Krishnamurti

"That's a marvelous structural technique of propaganda... It is only in folk tales, children's stories, and the journals of intellectual opinion that power is used wisely and well to destroy evil. The real world teaches very different lessons, and it takes willful and dedicated ignorance to fail to perceive them.”
Noam Chomsky

Invisibledanknugz81
spiralingdownward
Male

Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: The Tourist]
    #8350841 - 05/01/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Tourist said:
I wouldn't say I equate safety with our military budget/ military power very much at all. It also appears that a lot of the world is thinking the same thing, and doesn't think the invasion of Iraq did much good. It obviously wasn't a "success" to wreck one country (and incite a civil war within it) and seriously cripple another one, but these peoples' opinions reflect what they think it did for the world outside of Iraq and Afghanistan as well:

unfortunately, your views aren't shared by most republicans - at least the ones i encounter on the net and in real life. i know 2 people, who have no regrets voting for bush and one even said and i quote "if i could vote for him again I would!" keep in mind this is a guy that makes about $15 an hour humping forklifts.

most believe the war in iraq is just - even if not really justified. "the reason doesnt matter, saddam was a evildooer!!!!1111!!!11" it's like bush's argument that "you cannot argue that the world isnt a better place"-- um yeah i can dipshit! this country wasnt on the brink of bankruptcy when saddam was in power you fucking turd. we didnt have almost 5,000 american soldiers dead while the "evildooer" was in power.

the political climate in this country is downright frightening right now. it truly is a case of the blind leading the blind.

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: The Tourist]
    #8350854 - 05/01/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Tourist said:

You can't fight hate with hate, blood doesn't wash away blood, and violence begets violence. I'd say these seem pretty universal and accurate.

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue concept that 'violence never settles anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at best"
-Robert A. Heinlein

And before you start to bash him remember that he wrote Stranger in a Strange Land, which jumpstarted your precious hippy movement.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: Bush finally treats reporter's dumb-ass question the way they should all be treated [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8350898 - 05/01/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I saw the same MSM I always see:

A bunch of vapid idiots asking superficial questions nobody gives a FUCK about, the president can't or won't answer, and that don't address any real fucking issue.

And again, the same president: an arrogant elitist power hungry frat boy.

Neither side really comes off strong in that video. It's actually kind of depressing.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale