Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
That mistake that happens, it happened.
    #8339547 - 04/28/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well here's my scenario.

I had two liters of 5th generation grain spawn colonized I spawned to a tub of straw/verm/coir/coffee grounds all was looking good, the surface area was fully colonized so I went and cased, perfect its taking to the casing layer but on further inspection I can see huge areas of bulk that are still uncolonized after I've already cased.

I had tinfoil around the sides of the tub and when I removed it just to double check I noticed so I stripped it all down, still alot of bulk left to colonize.

So, I wrapped it back up and threw it in the TiT to rest at a constent 80f.

Really I'm pretty lost on this, first time I've had it happen, maybe its slow because its getting old? think I'll be ok?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI Like Alkaloids
Brought Back to Life
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountains, U.S. Flag
Re: That mistake that happens, it happened. [Re: HybridprX]
    #8339583 - 04/28/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You should be fine. No way to know until you try and see what happens...

:cool:

--------------------
A lot of people here are assholes, but so am I...

:cool:

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Re: That mistake that happens, it happened. [Re: I Like Alkaloids]
    #8341169 - 04/29/08 08:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks I like Alkaloids, anyone else ever have this happen to them?

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8341224 - 04/29/08 08:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Really I'm pretty lost on this, first time I've had it happen, maybe its slow because its getting old? think I'll be ok?

What bulk? Two liters of grain spawn cased? No bulk there, only spawn and casing. Any uncolonized grain spawn is likely to contaminate with molds, once exposed to air.

5 generations? What sort of harvests did the other 4 generations deliver? A 'generation' means you fruited a flush, made a spore print, germinated the spores and grew them again. Do that five times and you have five generations.

In addition, I've advised for years to NOT wrap the sides of trays with aluminum foil. The foil reflects light deep into the substrate, causing bottom and side pinning.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Re: That mistake that happens, it happened. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8341238 - 04/29/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The two liters of rye we're prepared from jars after a 4th grain to grain transfer.

I started off a LK culture awhile back out of a spore print, transfered four times then used a couple of those jars to g2g again to the jars I used to spawn, so it went through 5 grain to grain transfers all together.

I spawned two liters to approximately 9 liters of bulk material, 40/30/20/10 straw/coir/verm/coffee grounds.

It seems to be doing much better now that I raised the temperature by putting it in a TiT set to 80f but still its been about 14 days colonizing, the mycelium is taking to the casing layer...

Should I expect failure or let it go RR?

BTW, I have a single mother RR :wink: :wink:

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8341263 - 04/29/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We recommend a maximum of three grain to grain transfers, which are not 'generations'. Once you've made three G2G's, you really need to spawn to bulk and fruit the mycelium or senescence sets in, greatly slowing down or even stopping the progress.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: That mistake that happens, it happened. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8341357 - 04/29/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
We recommend a maximum of three grain to grain transfers, which are not 'generations'.  Once you've made three G2G's, you really need to spawn to bulk and fruit the mycelium or senescence sets in, greatly slowing down or even stopping the progress.
RR

:confused:

In TMC & GMGM A "generation" is when you do a G2G ?

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Re: That mistake that happens, it happened. [Re: Brainiac]
    #8341698 - 04/29/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I should mention these transfers we're done from MS inoculated rye jars.

Wouldn't senescence only set in if it were a isolate I had orignally used to colonize the first Grain spawn Master?

I recently transfered a few more jars from a 5th g2g jar I had the growth in that jar was fairly rhizmphoric with some sectoring now that I've transfered it the sixth time the growth is becoming highly rhizmphoric and very speedy...

Is this right RR? I'm confused.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds