Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Scantraxx]
    #8335836 - 04/27/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

They sure are! They are almost identical to the aforementioned subs. Just be careful; you know the deal. Use scissors, leave a few for other people and get some good pictures for everyone else to help you id them. Good luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

#8335860 - 04/27/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ok ill look out for them also thanks. hopefully be back on a little bit later with some pics, if not i'll keep trying for the next few days.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: lukey2411]
    #8336109 - 04/27/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
Make sure you keep your eye out for P.Subcubensis as well.
Especially around Pine and Eucalypt combinations.

http://drogy.jinak.cz/houbicky/mushs/subaeruginosa-2.jpg

I think you're a bit confused mate. You wont find any P. subcubensis down here. AFAIK they're more of a tropical dung loving shroom.
P. subaeruginosa like the the ones in your link there are only active to look out for really.

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Shroomeup]
    #8336135 - 04/27/08 11:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomeup said:
Quote:

lukey2411 said:
Make sure you keep your eye out for P.Subcubensis as well.
Especially around Pine and Eucalypt combinations.

http://drogy.jinak.cz/houbicky/mushs/subaeruginosa-2.jpg

I think you're a bit confused mate. You wont find any P. subcubensis down here. AFAIK they're more of a tropical dung loving shroom.
P. subaeruginosa like the the ones in your link there are only active to look out for really.

add on..... or Amanita Muscaria if thats what you like

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #8336200 - 04/27/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Went for a look today. I knew i wouldn't find anything, im being too impatient. So so close though. Saw some withered Stroph's. They will be up by Wednesday/Thursday i can almost guarantee it.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #8336639 - 04/28/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Went out for a scope before was a bit dark but still not to bad, but didn't see anything at all, not even non-active. The rain seemed to have just wet the surface really, if that has something to do with it i don't know but maybe because it was really recent rain, dunno might have a look tomorrow night, probably won't be much though.

Reading the_notorious's post i think i might go out those days as well haha.

Just a quick question, if i do find some actives, if i relocate them somewhere else, to a better spot not out in the open but close to where i found them, will they continue to grow?

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
    #8336659 - 04/28/08 03:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Edited for thread simplicity

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Edited by undergrounder (04/28/08 07:29 AM)

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: undergrounder]
    #8336675 - 04/28/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, not really worried about anything just thought if i was able to have a spot that no one new about but still leaving the other one it wouldn't be greedy haha, and i thought that maybe moving just one shroom and cutting it up a bit and spreading it around would result in more growing from where i do this? seems as if it could be possible but im new to this so not sure.

and to add to that i wouldn't be moving a patch or a shroom far from where they were originally growing just maybe out of sight say 25meters at most where the conditions would be fairly similar.

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8336738 - 04/28/08 05:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In that case i suggest you leave the mushrooms there so the patch stays nice and healthy. Take a small clump of woodchips that has a bit of mycelium on it. Create your own box of chips, add the mycelium chips, keep it wet and before long you'll have plenty of woodchips covered in myc:

Once the box is full of mycelium chips, go back to whatever outside patch you like, dig a small shallow hole, spread the impregnated chips in there, cover back over and hopefully by next year you'll have a thriving new patch.

Alternatively, take spore prints, add them to water and then water-pistol the spore water all over the chips that you want to turn into patches.

--------------------

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Edited by undergrounder (04/28/08 07:30 AM)

OfflineCheatz
DJ
Loc: Vancouver, BC
    #8336772 - 04/28/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So only look out for subaeruginosa? How many look a likes are there? What's the best way to taking spore prints? How long does it take to fully grow? And lastly, how should you store them, and how long can they be preserved?

*First time shroomer/shroom hunting. Cheers

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

#8336773 - 04/28/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

oh ok thanks, I'll defiantly consider doing that. So the mushrooms have to be actually growing in the spot they are found, and once moved or done in the process you showed me, they take a further year to start growing again?

This confuses me because once you find a spot and you pick the mushrooms, they do come back don't they? like a night, or a few weeks or so on?

Or does it have something to with the "mycelium"? does it have to be ready to grow or something? Had a quick look on wikipedia about it not to sure about how it works haha.

all this seems very interesting haha love reading about this stuff.

--------------------

Offlineshroomyshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8336775 - 04/28/08 06:24 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hey guys went up to dingly near phillip island just yesterday with my g/f... we went to look at our local patch which is pretty much the local for everyone one that does shrooms in that area... and they were being sprayed there and then as we walked up... we asked the guys that were spraying em what they were doing as the plants there looked really healthy... and they replied they are... but we are just sick of ppl picking the mushrooms that grow here... so we left veru shattered that, that patch is now a no go.... so pissed off waited so long to hit that patch up again :frown:

any ways got 2 patches up eltham that a mate told me about but want a confirmation b4 i hit that up

--------------------
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time around, but always time to fix up the mistakes you made in your rush to get the job done...

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: shroomyshroom]
    #8336826 - 04/28/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that really sucks shroomy :frown:

scantraxx: Mushrooms are just fruiting bodies of a larger organism that lives under the ground. This organism is a thick mat of white strands called mycelium. If you dig around your 'patch', you'll see lots of woodchips have this white mycelium everywhere. Think of mushrooms like the fruit, and the mycelium like the underground tree. The fruit grows from the tree at a certain time of the year. If you want more fruit, you can't take an apple, stick it in the ground and hope it multiplies. You need to grow an apple tree. The tree is the mycelium. Mushrooms grow out of the mycelium underground and appear above ground. The mycelium lives on and eats woodchips. Your 'patch' is a dump of woodchips that has mycelium living in it.

This is a piece of cardboard with a woodchip pressed on it:

Can you see the white mycelium spreading from the chip to the cardboard? This is mycelium. Technically, if i let that mycelium spread throughout the card and left it outside in the cold and wet, it could sprout a mushroom.

Now when you take mushrooms, if you snip them off with scissors, leaving the underlying mycelium undisturbed, then yes the mycelium underneath might fruit again that season. If you disturb the mycelium, by ripping out the mushrooms roughly or digging out pins or anything like that, the mycelium will take a while to recover and may not fruit again that year. Since you just want to create a new patch closer to you, there are two ways you can do it without having to disturb the mycelium too much:

1. Take a small handful of mycelium impregnated woodchips to your own patch via more woodchips, like described.
2. Take a spore print (spores are like mushroom seeds), mix the spores with water and pour this water on the chips where you want your mushrooms to sprout from. The mycelium will grow from the spores and eventually the mushrooms will grow from the mycelium.

Cheatz: Yes, subs only. There are many lookalikes, some deadly poisonous. The worst is this one (Galerina autumnalis, grows in the same places as subs, looks like subs, may or may not have a brown collar that distinguishes it from subs. The main difference though is Galerina have a rust brown spore print, subs have a purple/black print.

There's plenty of information here. More importnatly, at the top of every page is a menu bar under the shroomery logo. Go to: Mushroom Info > Find Mushrooms etc. There is a section on Preserving mushrooms there too. Also, use the search engine on the forum and look up the old season threads for hints on what subs look like, where you find them etc.

--------------------

Edited by undergrounder (04/28/08 07:46 AM)

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

#8336845 - 04/28/08 07:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, well i think i might make a spore print if i find any actives and do what you said, thanks!! I'd rather do that than move the whole patch.

--------------------

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #8336913 - 04/28/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm always getting confused with subcubensis and subs. Are there actually no subcubensis in Victoria? Because Last season I was living off 'gold tops' with very little 'wavy' features...I always thought they were cubensis.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
    #8338978 - 04/28/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroomyshroom said:
hey guys went up to dingly near phillip island just yesterday with my g/f... we went to look at our local patch which is pretty much the local for everyone one that does shrooms in that area... and they were being sprayed there and then as we walked up... we asked the guys that were spraying em what they were doing as the plants there looked really healthy... and they replied they are... but we are just sick of ppl picking the mushrooms that grow here... so we left veru shattered that, that patch is now a no go.... so pissed off waited so long to hit that patch up again :frown:

any ways got 2 patches up eltham that a mate told me about but want a confirmation b4 i hit that up

Thats fucking lame. Dont worry man, eastern suburbs of Melbourne (including Eltham) is packed with mushrooms. You won't have any trouble finding them up here.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlineshroomyshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #8339048 - 04/28/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Quote:

shroomyshroom said:

Thats fucking lame. Dont worry man, eastern suburbs of Melbourne (including Eltham) is packed with mushrooms. You won't have any trouble finding them up here.

awsome thanx for the confirmation much appprecaited

you know the funny thing is my g/f said to me the day b4 lets go aday early and i told her why the mushrooms are not going anywhere they will be there when we get there... guess ill have to start listening to her a little more from now on hehehehehe lol

--------------------
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time around, but always time to fix up the mistakes you made in your rush to get the job done...

OfflineScantraxx
Wait........ what?

#8339326 - 04/28/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I can't wait to find some! haha all I've been doing is just reading and researching about shrooms' for the last few days non stop haha!!

--------------------

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#8339666 - 04/28/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I ate some suspect mushrooms the other day and there was a minor euphoria that followed. They looked right tho it was hard to tell because they were soaked in rain, there was no bluing but lots of dark patches. I think these were subs because they were in the right place, and had some minor effects. Although, now I think I have a cold.

I'll have to be more careful. I stuck these shifty shrooms in a sandwich and ate them.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: Australia - Melbourne Season 2008 [Re: burgatory]
    #8339745 - 04/28/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Next time you do that and wake up in heaven/hell you will know why.

at least post a pic next time so the pro's can id it for you

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder