Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMetatron21
Cosmonaut

Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich.
    #8332934 - 04/27/08 12:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I currently have 1 brf cake that is in my fc and it grew some Trich. mold on about 1 sq. inch of the cake.  On the opposing side, there are several mushies growing.

I was just wondering if these were anything to fuck with, or if I should just throw this entire FC. away...:confused:

I'll get some pics if it'll help...let me know.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: Metatron21]
    #8332968 - 04/27/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

if it was me, i'd throw it away.......

--------------------
If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got.

OfflineMLBjammer
Invitro Freak
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: grymmtymm]
    #8333493 - 04/27/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Are you sure it's trich? Could be bruising. Take a moist q-tip and gently rub the spot in question. If color bleeds, it's a contaminant; if not, the cake is thirsty.

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: MLBjammer]
    #8333553 - 04/27/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Are you sure it's trich? Could be bruising. Take a moist q-tip and gently rub the spot in question. If color bleeds, it's a contaminant; if not, the cake is thirsty.

:thumbup:    Harvest those shrooms from that cake, and then toss it.  Then, before your next grow clean your FC really well.  Re-evaluate your sterile procedure.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

OfflineMetatron21
Cosmonaut

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: thedefone]
    #8334419 - 04/27/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

thedefone said:
Quote:

:thumbup:    Harvest those shrooms from that cake, and then toss it.  Then, before your next grow clean your FC really well.  Re-evaluate your sterile procedure.

O I'm positive its trich.  Its green and rubs off with a q-tip.

Can I still eat these guys, is trich gonna kill me???

--------------------

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8334644 - 04/27/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You could try another FC (small one) and grow it out some where where spores won't mess up you grow room/area Maybe outside if you can or a garage whatever. If you don't try how do you know that the advice you get is worthy. If one of the Pros (moderators) says different, I would not argue and with their advise. I seem to get more non misinformation and accurate info from them. I use the search a lot and look for certain names. I notice a lot of people will post a response with could be right or wrong and think some of those posts are to increase their post count. Not much to lose by trying but for a couple of bucks for small FC and some perlite which you probably already for the cakes and your lean good or bad. My humble opion. Best of Luck

OfflineMatler
Cosmic Trigger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: medicine man]
    #8335083 - 04/27/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I had this same problem about 3 days ago and after reading around the most common advice I heard was to harvest whatever fruit was on there and bury it outside.

It seemed most people said to bury it around 4 to 6 inches in a shady area or to cover it with woodchips or sticks to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Hopefully it works out for me and you too.

OfflinePrometheus82
Stranger

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: Matler]
    #8335131 - 04/27/08 06:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

How about H2O2? I read somewhere that it works for that but it'll take a while to fruit again.

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: Prometheus82]
    #8335201 - 04/27/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

How about H2O2? I read somewhere that it works for that but it'll take a while to fruit again.

Misinformation. Peroxide kills cobweb and that's it. Bury the cake if it suits you.. I don't know much about that, but it will work if done properly. Harvest the fruits and eat them. After that, toss the cake, or whatever..

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Offlinedread
Power Ranger

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: Prometheus82]
    #8335213 - 04/27/08 07:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prometheus82 said:

That works for cobweb not trich.

I agree that outside would be your best bet.

Offlinetpihkal
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: dread]
    #8335291 - 04/27/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just be careful, accidentally breathing in mold spores can be dangerous, I recommend a mask just to be safe than sorry.

--------------------

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: tpihkal]
    #8335351 - 04/27/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry I don't have the link, but RogerRabbit explains contams and the reason to throw them outside. The fruits should be fine. It's the spores that cause problems (contams) with future grow in doors. If they fruit outdoors they are fine. Unless you get some mold on the fruit then do not eat them. Otherwise you should be fine. There is a lot of info on the search site and I would look for RR's posts on this subject. He knows his stuff. Too many people just say throw them out but I don't think they know the facts. If in doubt throw it out is not always the best option. Do yourself a favor and check out RR's contam posts.

OfflineMetatron21
Cosmonaut

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: medicine man]
    #8338269 - 04/28/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So if there are trace minute amounts of trich. spores on the fruits, and I ingest them, will it hurt my liver or anything at all?

Guess its better to be safe than sorry and toss them.:(
its too bad, they look juicy.
I wont eat them if thats a concern, I'm defenetly throwing these cakes under a tree in the shade w/ some wood chips over it, I'd love to have a seasonal outdoor patch!!!:mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8338938 - 04/28/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah man, if you eat them you will probably definitely die.

The last time I saw someone eat shrooms from contaminated grows, they vomited until they couldn't vomit any more and then they shit so hard their assholes inverted and their intestines came out. They died like that on the bathroom floor.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8339049 - 04/28/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i ate contamed shrooms once and it was fine, although now that i think about it i've had massive anal bleeding ever since then, and also it burns when i pee, but besides that it was an awesome trip!

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: shroober]
    #8339183 - 04/28/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There are certain molds which will KILL you. There are more common molds which if you eat in small amounts and your a healthy person you might not feel anything. Your body is made to fight off plenty of bugs which are everwhere. People throw up from eating non contaminated fruits. Throwing up does not have to mean they were contaminated, just they tasted like shit. Now if you have the Shits or runs and or fever, that means you ate something your body doesn't want in it. Bottom Line is if you see something infected, why in the hell would you want to take the chance?

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: hottamali]
    #8339612 - 04/28/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, we already covered that, what with the anal bleeding and the shitting out of intestines and the dying on the bathroom floor. I seen it myself man.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8339706 - 04/28/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Dude, we already covered that, what with the anal bleeding and the shitting out of intestines and the dying on the bathroom floor. I seen it myself man.

Bullshit. You saw nothing of the kind.

Half the commercial button mushrooms sold in grocery stores grow from substrates with trichoderma. There is no requirement from the FDA to get rid of them, or even a suggestion to. Green molds are not toxic to healthy humans, period. Don't breathe the spores, but mushrooms harvested from a cake with a spot of trichoderma or penicillium on the opposite side will not hurt you in any way.

Putting the cake outside in a manure bed is the best answer, providing it's warm enough in your area. You don't want those spores floating around your grow room, contaminating future grows.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8339794 - 04/28/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Dragonchaser if you eat anything that's infected it does not mean your going to bleed out of you asshole or die. Depending on what it is, how much is consumed and the persons general health is what is relevant. How did you see the guy shitting out of his intestines? His asshole or rectum but his intestines? Was he gutted open, do you have x-ray vision or were you on a really bad trip because it is not possible otherwise. I've never flamed anyone for asking stupid questions or posts. But don't my bust my balls for posting something that is not misinformation like what your spreading. Did you want to add another number to your post count by making your comment to my post? Well now I'm responding to you. Maybe Ebola will make you bleed out everywhere but that wasn't the question. It was Trich. I read an earlier post from you on your dead buddy in the bathroom story a while ago when I was searching to gain some info about eating contaminated fruits. It sounded stupid then and now that I have a little bit more knowledge on this hobby (not much but a little bit more) it's totally imaginary. I wouldn't tell anyone to eat something infected period. It has been asked a ton of times and no one says to do it and I don't know why people ask. I think RR said in a post something about you could eat a piece of bread with green mold on it and it would not hurt or kill you but why would you. I think it was something to that effect if I have have it wrong I'm sorry RR. But I'm pretty sure that was the jest of the post.(I wish I still had the link to make sure I am quoting him correctly). But everybody has unknowingly eaten plenty of infected food in restaurants and else where. Yes some get food poisoning the shit and or vomit and some people are fine with little or not effects. A lot depends on the type of bug, amount of bugs and the persons health. I just did a google search and dude you can die from a lot of molds but not a small amount of Trich. It's one of the most common molds on earth and in some cases they use intensionally in agriculture. Probably not even large amounts would kill you unless you have health problems, but it might make you sick. Again, I don't know why someone would intentionally eat something with mold or spores or even consider doing it but it does not mean you will die or even be effected. No wonder people ask the same questions over and over because people who think they are helping by giving good intensional advice don't know what the real facts vs. myths are and confuse others. And I would agree with to error on the side of caution and your bathroom story would surely keep most people away from potentially getting sick by eating something contaminated. But don't say to me "DUDE WE ALREADY COVERED THAT with your bullshit bathroom story. And if some guy was bleeding out of his ass on the bathroom floor with you in there with him, what do you think that sounds like. Has nothing to do with eating contaminated shrooms.

Edited by hottamali (04/29/08 01:10 AM)

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruits growing from cake w/ Trich. [Re: shroober]
    #8339952 - 04/28/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroober said:
i ate contamed shrooms once and it was fine, although now that i think about it i've had massive anal bleeding ever since then, and also it burns when i pee, but besides that it was an awesome trip!

OMG! Massive anal bleeding and burning pee! I'm not even going to comment on what that sounds like you have. Not from eating contaminated cubensis though.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract