Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: I need to vent... [Re: Mojo]
    #8301543 - 04/18/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah man, no worries.
The only way he'd be that much of a sleaze would be if he tried to keep it from her. Which I'm guessing he didn't.

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: I need to vent... [Re: abica]
    #8301628 - 04/18/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

abica said:
Here I go, getting on a message board and stickin' my fingers into all the jars like a kid in a candy store.  I swear I'm getting carpal tunnel from this stuff.

"Attract losers"

I've heard this a few times from various women.

I'm not here to criticize, label, ridicule, or anything, so don't take it like that, but if I start coming up with scathing observations, just consider what's said and think about it, but don't get down or anything, mmmkay?

Gotta check something...pictures...

OK yeah...you look like just the type to attract losers. 

And stoners.  And cocky jerks.  And semi-pro baseball players.  And politicians.  And violent criminals.  And geeky guys.  Maybe even oddball psychedelic philosophers that work in law offices for crap money and the freedom to sit on a shroom message board all day...if you have the right personality.  :wink:

"I always seem to attract losers/jerks/whatever"...sorry mein frau, but that's a load of fresh, unpasteurized hippo poo.  If you were a skeezy cracky looking girl with bad skin, a trucker hat, and a shirt that said some stupid cocky shit on it, then maybe I'd go for that.

OK here I'm gonna get stereotype-ey.  Just take it at face value...'success' in whatever facet of society isn't a be-all-end-all...but I'm making some easy examples here.

Girl: "I attract losers."
Me: "like who?"
Girl: "well, the guy who lost his job on the night shift at jack in the box because he got thrown in jail."
Me: "For what?"
Girl: Well, see, a month ago, I got this restraining order against him because he was drunk and waving around a knife.  But it was stupid of me...I knew it was a mistake as soon as I called the cops...I didn't want anything to happen.  So we were hanging out, and got pulled over..."
Girl: "Then there was the guy who seemed real nice at the club, bought me drinks.  He moved in, racked up some bills, and screwed some other chick"

Et cetera ad nauseaum. 

I'm not saying you're going after women beating punk ass thugs, but all too often that sort of dude is at the root of that sort of statement. 

It's not YOU attracting THEM (maybe they're guys with steady employment or maybe no job but live a good sustainable life and make art?) but there's probably some kind of snakey piece of crap-ness under the surface.  You're probably attracted to the scent of that, even if it's not apparent.  You might not get the "spark" from some other, equally attractive guy, because they don't carry themselves in the same way...there's something very subtle in the personality/body language/demeanor that you dig. 

Maybe, this might sound harsh, but maybe you're attracted to losers because you need to mature a little?  (some women 30-40 yrs old and just as many men prolly need to mature a little too, it's not an insult...think of mature=grow)

I think what you probably need is a break from finding guys...we'll be around and very easily accessible...we're male.

A few months of introspection, hanging out with friends, maybe doing some solo stuff, would do you good. 

Sure, during that time you might be sort of unhappy, but that's part of being human.  If you don't tough it out through that, then how are you going to improve things later on?

Maybe you should do something outside your comfort zone, too.  Perhaps do a nice multi-day hike and sleep on some pine boughs under a poncho for a few nights?  IMO that sort of thing helps the brain sort stuff out, because while you're out doing shit like that, there isn't room for "your life" in there...you're just thinking of simple, easily understood things, like food, fire, shelter, nav, etc.

That's way more then 2 cents in today's economy...

Good luck!

PS as far as the monogamy hijack...I don't get it...I've always been totally comfortable with having one and only one girl at a time...I must be wired wrong :wink:  I think it fosters deeper connections, that add up to be greater than the sum of a bunch of raucous sexx.

PPS Did you get some of that earthquake a couple hours ago?  Way fun!

Ok first off I like to say thanks for ur input. Secondly I agree with u on most the stuff, I've never dated abusive men or anything like that, controllin and jealous yes but they've never hit me. About the being solo thing I did do that for a long time and I loved it but that shit gets lonely.

And about the spark, I kno exactly what u mean because there is certain types I can't be wit because of it. But datin this guy was out of my norm, maybe it just wasn't far enough out of the norm idk. I partially believe that some place in my mind chooses relationship that it knos is gonna fail. Deep down I just might not be ready to be to just be in a commited relationship, but some other part of me wants to be. So it's all just really irritating and confusing.

And I didn't take offense or anything to anything u said.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: I need to vent... [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8301763 - 04/18/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

All I gotta say is boyfriends are speed bumps not stop signs

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: I need to vent... [Re: Dobie]
    #8301935 - 04/18/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ain't nothing in life really a stop sign. At least I don't think so

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
    #8302203 - 04/18/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

suicide is.

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: I need to vent... [Re: beneath]
    #8302223 - 04/18/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yea and death would be to but that's the end not just stopping.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #8302238 - 04/18/08 07:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

search for the man stuck in an elevator for 40 hours

thats my def of stoppin:rofl:

suicide requires a time loop per se

err groundhogs day anyone?

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: I need to vent... [Re: Konyap]
    #8302260 - 04/18/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Lol that is so funny and ur so right.

--------------------

Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
    #8327050 - 04/25/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, rollin' solo gets old after a while.

My damn problem is that I'm so damn stinkin friggin picky. I'm not even attracted to most girls I'm attracted to outside of physical attraction...I mean, that are just plain good looking...still don't want anything to do with them. But then once in a while, one comes along that really does it for me, and so far, well, damned luck of the draw...

--------------------
My first poo tub

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order