Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunGuy420
Umbrella ShapedHat

Newbie here with Grow Kit questions.
    #8323270 - 04/24/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hello fellow tripsters... Im new here. Very cool place might I add. Any how I purchased one of these.ebay kit
My question is are these any good? What would you recommend when using this type of kit? I also have 10cc of Puerto Rican spore syringe. How many ccs should I use in each jar? Any extra tips for this first timer would be great. Ive read alot of FAQs and they really help. Just curious if anyone else has some personal imput on the kit that Im using.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: FunGuy420]
    #8323273 - 04/24/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

RIP OFF

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinepazzy
Always Hardcore

Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: Brainiac]
    #8323281 - 04/24/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Do it yourself its cheaper and you will learn more.

--------------------
Are you happy for a miracle?

:yinyang2:

Absolutely no source checks/discussions.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8323292 - 04/24/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Any kit you could buy online is a waste. Your link doesn't work BTW and I wouldn't link to non-sponsors anyway. If it's a jar kit you're looking to buy, just read up on the PF tek and do it yourself for minimal cost.

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: FooMan]
    #8323326 - 04/24/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Don't hate on him too much just because he bought a kit online!!

Geeze .. just because someone doesn't do it 100% DIY does not mean we have to jump all over them.

Use 1cc per jar (ie. 4 inoculation points using 0.25mL each hole - which is just a small press of the plunger).

What you (I think) are attempting is the PF Tek - try reading up on that and -then- ask any questions you may have.

--------------------
-AV-

OfflineFunGuy420
Umbrella ShapedHat

Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: amanitavirosa]
    #8323449 - 04/24/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys.. I'm not trying to spam or anything..Just trying to grow. I figured I'd ask about my kit any any suggestions. Like I said I'm a newbie on this board and cultivation as well. I made the mistake to hit ebay before I found this spot. If it means anything, the spores I bought from a sponsor on this site. Anyhow..I can see how linking to non-sponsors would be an issue so here is the item discription of the kit I bought.

The Mushroom Growing Kit-

This kit is intended to grow most types of mushrooms including Shitake, Moral, Giant & Much more

This method is the #1 Most popular way to grow mushrooms, based on the PF method, but better!

Growing Mushrooms has always been very difficult to do for the average home grower. We have put together the absolute easiest way to grow mushrooms. This kit includes only the basics needed to grow.

These Ingredients have been tested & proven to yield the highest most potent mushrooms you can grow.

6 Half Pint Jars premixed & Sterilized (not 3 like other places sell)
oNatural Brown Rice flower
oVermiculite
oMineral Water
oWorm Casings
oBee Pollen
Ultra Fine Perlite
Growing Light
Hydrometer/Thermometer
Hospital Grade Gloves

These Ingredients make this kit! You will grow more & have better flushes! Worm Castings are key!

We are not responsible for any illegal use of this kit

Overview of Process:

Remove foil, inject spore solution into each of the 4 holes in the top of the jars. Put in dark space, within 2-5 days you will see white growth in the jar, wait 2 weeks until the jars are completely colonized. Remove from jars, place on top of damp perlite in the growing chamber. Keep humidity at 90-99%. Within one week you will have a full harvest. Very simple.

Jars are guaranteed to be 100% sterile. Kits are made fresh everyday! This kit can produce many pounds of mushrooms! You only need to do one step and you will have mushrooms growing in less than 3 weeks!! They will continue to grow for up to 8 weeks!!

We will also answer any questions quickly, even after the sale, to help anyone out with the little things as well as give tips and advice! We are here almost 24/7 to help with any questions!

You will be 100% Satisfied with this complete kit!

Jars are Pressure Sterilized for 90 Minutes at 15 Psi eliminating any possibility for contamination (the biggest problem for beginner Growers without the proper equipment). Jars (of course) will remain sterile after shipping. Never a Problem!

The reason I went with an online kit was that I had no idea that this site existed till after the fact. But after reading the do it yourself process..I don't mess with pressure cookers!! LOL Had a bad accident once as a kid. Any suggestions about my kit would be great. I just wanna enjoy the fruits of my labor.

--------------------
Now You Grow...And Growing Is Half The Battle!
YO GROOOOOW!!

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
    #8323493 - 04/24/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You can actually do PF Tek jars without a pressure cooker.

This isn't against you but here are my comments on the kit:

$70 + shipping for something that you could have made without a PC for $30 yourself.

Bee pollen and worm castings don't need to be added to PF Tek jars.

Don't need a grow light.

Incubators are over-rated.

6 half pint jars will produce something under 30g of dried mushies, not pounds like they say. (Max of 60g but not for a 1st time grower).

Now comments for you. Read up everything you can on the PF Tek. Just because you aren't doing it yourself doesn't mean you can't learn something from reading it. You'll still need spores so check out the sponsors. Regardless of what anyone tells you almost all of the strains are the same and none out perform the others.

Basically just read the PF Tek or posts in the forum about it. It will answer any questions you will have about your kit.

OfflineFunGuy420
Umbrella ShapedHat

Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: Smushroom]
    #8323502 - 04/24/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So I got ripped off...Figures. Oh well..Live and learn. Thanks for your help guys. I'll read up see if I'm ready to do this.

--------------------
Now You Grow...And Growing Is Half The Battle!
YO GROOOOOW!!

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: Smushroom]
    #8323505 - 04/24/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bee pollen and worm castings don't need to be added to PF Tek jars.

Don't need a grow light.

Bee pollen :wtf: :confused:

Light is used to tell what way is up...

First time growing, just be lucky you get any..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #8323544 - 04/24/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Nahh ...you did ok....,you paid someone to do the work and gather the materials into a kit for you and thats fine for a first timer.
It will do just fine for a grow ,you did not buy faulty products ,you just paid a little extra,thats all.Inject those bad boys up and get some mycelium going!!!!

Here some inspiration for ya!!!
&hl=en

The PF tek is on there too.
{EDIT} I am going to watch it right now again ......

Edited by unretarded (04/24/08 03:34 PM)

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: unretarded]
    #8323583 - 04/24/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man .. don't worry about "being ripped off". It got you started, right?! Thats what counts.

Now that you have the stuff - follow the inoculation instructions and be patient :cool:.

While you are waiting for your jars to colonize, might I suggest you do a ton of reading on here and prepare the materials for your next grow?

--------------------
-AV-

Offlinestormshroomer
Stranger
    #8664732 - 07/21/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

try to not use the jars they sent you, usually they are packed to tight, i got the same ebay kit as you did, everthing was finr except the jars, scoop out the shit inside wash them and make your ow substrate, half cup verm quarter cup of water quarter cup of brf, per jar thats it, they put too much water in their jars, youll waste your spores

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: unretarded]
    #8664820 - 07/21/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

unretarded said:
Nahh ...you did ok....,you paid someone to do the work and gather the materials into a kit for you and thats fine for a first timer.
It will do just fine for a grow ,you did not buy faulty products ,you just paid a little extra,thats all.Inject those bad boys up and get some mycelium going!!!!

Here some inspiration for ya!!!
&hl=en

The PF tek is on there too.
{EDIT} I am going to watch it right now again ......

I love that video. It's the one that convinced me growing is not too difficult for my feeble mind. Though, the dude did seem a little over the top on sterility, which can scare some people off.

--------------------

InvisibleThePyschonaut52
Stranger
Male

#8664838 - 07/21/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
RIP OFF

:lmao:

--------------------
"In god we trust..."

-I guess we're screwed.

Offlinejim_london13
Stranger
Male
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: ThePyschonaut52]
    #18910196 - 09/30/13 07:16 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hello guys!
i found this guide for beginners!

How to Grow Magic Mushrooms with Grow Kits

Grow magic mushroom with grow kits are the easiest way to grow your own psychedelic mushrooms at home. Of course you could buy ready to use psilocybin mushrooms, but it has several advantages when growing them by yourself.

Advantages of picking a magic mushroom grow kit grow magic mushroom
First of all, magic mushrooms grow kits usually don/t cost more than an average dosage of dried magic mushrooms.

Next thing is that magic mushrooms grow real quickly; you do not have to wait months to get your trip.

But beside the financial aspects, there might be even better reasons to buy grow kits. In most countries psychedelic mushrooms are illegal and so you have to buy them from a street dealer, where you never know what you get.

Or you buy magic mushrooms over the internet from reliable shops, but here the hallucinogenic mushrooms are shipped from countries where they are legal. That means, there is a small risk your mail is opened by customs. But like cannabis seeds remain legal in most countries, while cannabis is illegal, the spores of psilocybin mushrooms also remain legal in most countries. Magic mushroom grow kits do only contain a grow media and spores, so they are also legal like mushrooms spore syringes or spore prints. It’s very easy to grow magic mushroom at home and anyone can do it with great results.

You only have to add water and a small place left in a shelf in your living room.

Grow kits for hallucinogenic mushrooms normally contain

-One plastic box with lid, containing the grow media that already contains the spores of the magic mushrooms.
-One large plastic bag, where the box perfectly fits in and offers enough room for the magic mushrooms to grow.
-One clothespin or paper clip.

That/s it, the only thing you need is a fork and some water with room temperature. When you got your grow kits for your own psilocybin mushrooms, you can follow a simple step by step instruction.

The magic mushroom grow kits arrived at your home

If you do not want to use your magic mushroom grow kits right away, you should place them in the fridge. Here are the temperatures low enough to make the spores of the psychedelic mushrooms stop growing and colonizing the grow media in the grow kits. They can be stored for several weeks that way. When you keep them at room temperature, the spores will continue colonizing the media, but there is not enough water to flush magic mushrooms after colonization. The lid of the plastic grow kits is the next problem, there wouldn/t be any room for them to grow. That would mean your grow kits could be ruined within a couple of weeks. Keep an eye on the grow media, if it has a white fluff covering most of it, it means your hallucinogenic mushrooms want to flush.

Grow Magic mushroom with grow kit - Step by step instructions:

Magic Mushrooms with Grow Kits
First see if all parts are delivered and ready to be used immediately, box with lid, plastic bag, and paperclip to close the bag, a fork and lukewarm water.

1. Open the box and take away the lid.
2. Take your fork and gently stab a few holes in the grow media of the grow kit . If you make 2 rows with 4 stabs each, you already got enough. They are just needed to ensure the media can properly soak with water.
3. Slowly fill in lukewarm water, the media takes some time to soak it. Fill it until the box is completely full with water.
4. Put the lid back on the water filled grow kit .
5. Let the whole thing stand still for a day.
6. Take away the lid the next day and rinse out the spare water.
7. Let the water completely dripping out of the box, the grow media should have soaked up enough.
8. Fill the plastic bag with 2 or 3 cups of lukewarm water. This ensures a good humidity and will keep the plastic bag wide, so it gives enough room for the magic mushrooms to grow.
9. Place the grow kit in the water of the plastic bag.
10. Close the plastic bag.
11. Take around 1 to 2 cm of the top from the plastic bag and fold it 2 to 3 times, now keep it tight and closed with the paper clip.
12. Put the grow kit in its final spot to grow, do not move it around, growing psilocybin mushrooms don/t like it if they are carried around every 2 or 3 days.
13. Fungi do not need direct light, so it doesn/t matter where you place your magic mushroom grow kit , but best not directly into the sun, as it could be a bit too warm also.
14. Keep temperatures at 22 to 24 °C for an optimal magic mushroom growing
15. Take a look at your grow kit each day, when you see the first psychedelic mushrooms, keep an eye on the box and media. It should be always wet.
16. Do not open the bag, the magic mushrooms need a very high humidity and if opened each day they could dry out or slow down their growing.
17. After a few days your magic mushrooms should be ready to harvest, the best time is before the hat opens. So your magic mushrooms will look a bit like a lollypop.
18. When harvesting you have to pick out each magic mushroom one by one. Just take it a bit above the media and gently turn it. The mushroom will “plop” off the media; do not just pull them out.
19. Fill the grow kit with water again and put the lid on it.
20. This time you only need to let it soak for 2 hours, the media is still wet and don/t need more time.
21. Now replace the water in the plastic bag.
22. Take off the lid from the grow kit and put the box back into the plastic bag.
23. Close the bag and keep it like before, but this time your hallucinogenic mushrooms will show up much faster. The media is fully colonized and so there is no delay.
24. Keep checking the box each day, already at the next day you can see the second flush coming.
25. Keep continuing this cycle until there are no more magic mushrooms growing in the box.
26. When doing everything properly, looking out for perfect growing conditions and with a pinch of luck, you could even receive 3 to 5 flushes with your grow kit .

Drying your magic mushrooms

The grow kit will give you far more than just a single dose per flush, so take what you want to consume with your friends now and put the rest of the magic mushroom on a news paper. Just spread them properly on the newspaper, so that none of the magic mushrooms are touching each other and got room to get rid off the water.

To speed up their drying process, you can also place the paper with the psilocybin mushrooms on a clothes-drying rack. So they got air from all sides and will dry a bit quicker. Turn the magic mushrooms every day, so that they equally dry from all sides.

Do not put them in the oven for quick drying or placing them on or in front of a heating device. The psilocybin mushrooms would loose some of their psilocybin through the heat; psilocybin does not like temperatures above 38 degrees.

Depending of temperature, humidity and air circulation in your room, they are fully dried within 4 to 7 days. Keep in mind that psychedelic mushrooms contain more than 90% water. So when you harvested 400 grams of fresh magic mushroom, you will have around 40 grams after drying.

We hope that this article gives you all the necessary information to grow magic mushrooms using grow kit easily and successfully!

Drying magic mushrooms

Troubleshooting your magic mushrooms cultivation
If you see that the magic mushrooms look a bit limp and maybe get slightly black borders on the hat, this could mean humidity is too high.
When you see it before there are any black stains and not much happened yet, open the plastic back for 15 minutes, than close it again. Until they are ready for the harvest, there should be no more actions required.
When the hallucinogenic mushrooms already got black stains, harvest them immediately, as they won/t continue growing. Soak the box with water again and repeat everything, maybe open the plastic bag every 3 days for 3 to 4 minutes.
Always wash your hands when working with the grow kits, to avoid contamination of mold and bacteria. They will grow even faster and they prefer the same climate, so any contamination will ruin your grow kit .
Do not open or work with the grow kits in dusty and/or dirty rooms.

http://www.growmagicmushroom.com/2013/07/how-to-grow-magic-mushrooms-with-grow.html

Edited by jim_london13 (10/02/13 08:08 AM)

OfflineSublimeLBC
dab master
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your mother
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: pazzy]
    #21168035 - 01/23/15 04:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

amen brother! kits = expensive nose plunge! or life is like a box of chocolates......

--------------------
:earlycuyler:

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #21168084 - 01/23/15 05:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:

Oh no you did not.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit questions. [Re: Inocuole]
    #21168162 - 01/23/15 05:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Quote:

Brainiac said:

Oh no you did not.

:goodluckwiththat2:

OfflineAlwaysanoob
Noob
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit quIestions. [Re: Inocuole]
    #21168166 - 01/23/15 05:25 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a kit myself on impulse, then I started research.  The only thing I used was the jars and the perlite. The jars I think got compacted during shipping and there was not that much perlite. 

Watch the "Let's Grow Mushrooms" videos available on YouTube. They are a great way for the newb to understand PF Tek. No pressure cooker needed for PF Tek.

If I had to buy a grow kit, I would order one from Shroom Supply and just fruit it in a mini mono.  It's cheaper to do it yourself but you would need a PC for your rye.

OfflineJaxJax
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit quIestions. [Re: Alwaysanoob]
    #21257169 - 02/11/15 05:51 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hi! Noob here. Excited that I am having some P. Cubes Great State of Texas, popping up. Yes, my order was filled by Shroom Supply.  The cake is not producing many pins atop. I can see the little guys growing out on the edge of the cake down in the recesses of the sides along the plastic bag.  I figure I need to harvest when the first cube starts to unveil. How can I get the pins on the sides of the cake without crushing others? I know I have to pull all fruit bodies off to minimize contam.
I thought about removing the bag altogether as I heard the cake is naturally defensive to bacteria now.  However, it has a filter and i am sure there is a reason for that.
Help please???

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit quIestions. [Re: JaxJax]
    #21257254 - 02/11/15 06:52 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously?  Edit your post and remove the vendor name. Kits are crap and no one can help you without a pic. Also this thread needs to die. Make a new thread regarding your problems.

OfflinePsiloPNW
Hunting Noob
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Newbie here with Grow Kit quIestions. [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21257278 - 02/11/15 07:06 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Yo this thread is 6 years old lol

--------------------
Psychedelics I have done: Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Salvia, DXM, MDMA :starecat:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder