Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Arizona outdoors!?
    #832296 - 08/21/02 08:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So, i along with a few other shroomerites live in the hot desert of a state, Arizona. Not likely a place to find mushrooms with the humidity being as low as it is most of the time. Well, i was at the UofA campus the other day ( by McKale) and in the grass out front I was amazed to find mushrooms literally everywhere! I am not sure what species, not psychedelic of course, but just that prospect can mean big things for Moe's outdoor tek even here. ( sure the shrooms i saw prolly grow at much higher temps than pc's) I may attempt to make a little outdoor patch somewhere soon. Maybe after a few generations they will build a tolerance for the higher temps? haha.
Just another amazing feat of nature.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
Re: Arizona outdoors!? [Re: cantankerous]
    #832306 - 08/21/02 09:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I live in the in hot and dry AZ as well, good luck on the outdoor patch and let us know how it goes.

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinegel
Sea Bass
    #832344 - 08/21/02 09:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I know a gila monster in Arizona, and it can grow mushrooms as well. One day he noticed a large patch (not psychodelic) growing on the lawn. He decided to have a try at growing his own by using manure, perlite, and the water from the lawn's sprinklers. Even at temperatures that were reaching well up to 110 degrees, the shade of the trees, grass, and the misting from the sprinklers must have had a pretty good effect on his mushrooms. In only 3 weeks he was getting some fruits - albeit, not as many as he would have in a friendlier climate.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #833340 - 08/21/02 02:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ya tucson fucking SUCKS! way too damn hot around here.....im movin north first chance i get....lol good luck beatle..... i live right by the u of a campus by the way

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Edited by wrestler_az (08/21/02 02:13 PM)

Offlineentheo_smurf
journeyman
Re: Arizona outdoors!? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #833687 - 08/21/02 04:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good luck Beatle. I know a midget that just might do something outdoors around the end of october when things start to cool down. By then it will be ideal for those little fun guys.

entheo

--------------------
This is for the sole purpose of information only. Not intended for use in the actual manufacture of known drugs.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: cantankerous]
    #833698 - 08/21/02 04:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Arizona outdoors!? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #833732 - 08/21/02 04:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tucson blows the big one...

i live in phoenix, ive been tucson and i deffinately say move to phoenix or flagstaff...

however is it hotter in phoenix than tucson thats the only trade off...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Arizona outdoors!? [Re: JohnnyR]
    #833866 - 08/21/02 05:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

flag is the way to go man......

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: wrestler_az]
    #833893 - 08/21/02 06:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#833951 - 08/21/02 06:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I also live in the land of the lost dutchman mine. I would think the problem would be finding a place that is not noticeable, and shady, like under a tree and moist. I would love to plant a sagebush or oleander where the condensation puddle is from my dad's air conditioner and try it there. We have a herd of wild cats that live in our yard and they would probably tear them up before I could harvest them. The Mesa animal control just started charging sixty bucks a cat to euthanize wild cats, so I don't think they are gonna go to animal control. Nine cats at sixty bucks a cat adds up. I might live trap them and drop them off at the local elementary school after dark.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Offlineshroomsformike
Explorer forHuman Life
Loc: somewhere
    #834438 - 08/21/02 09:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I guess I wasent to specific about my question in the forum so I will explain it here. Especially thanks to wrest---az. I live near a dairy farm in Chandler I understand that it is very hot here but what I have done is pretty cool I believe. I also have found some nice swamps and wilderness areas all over the state to lay my little smurf villages. So what am I going to do to create an environment suitable. I baught a huge plastic container from wal-mart. It was 15.00 bucks it has a lid. I than drilled 16 1" holes on the bottom of it I than placed a layer of steer manure of about 3 inches in the bottom. Than I took and put a layer of grass seed over top of the first layer of manure than I took and put down a layer of soil about 3 inches thick and spread grass seed ontop. I than watered each day and left it in the sunlight to grow until the grass was just ready like an actual yard. I than baught an ultrasonic dehumidifier from walmart it was 34.00, also be sure to get the case with the wheels. I drilled out a whole in the siide of the case and place a rubber tube in side the hole, the tube is about 2 foot long. I than placed the other end onto the humidifier( i had to buy a piece of plastic to convert the hose and sduct taped it over the humidifier spout) therefore when its on it goes directly in to the tank creating a swampy fog effect. I than baught a fan to place near the case to blow onto it creating a winding effect I placed a small cactus and an aloe plant in the geranium (case) i also put some rocks (only a few) a few dead leaves) a toad, a few grasshoppers and hopes for a small snack that would not be interested in the toad, but thats not going to happen. anyhow I have a darkroom that has a buit in air conditioning vent in it so the room is always about 80 degrees, plus its in my hot muggy garage even better for humidity. I than baught a little mister from home depot to mist the whole thing one a day. I take the case out side early in the morning when the sun first comes up that way its around 80 or so also it must be pladced so that the sun can enter it there froe my temp is always aroud 80. the lid has 8 holes in it, you can create a tropical environment in it by placing the lid on itand wheeling it out door during the day with the humidifier on also it will only get a few beams in there but it is enough. You can place anything in there to inniculate from fresh cow dung to rice cakes to muffins bird seed anyhting is possible with the right stuff. ok ok so is this going to work for me or not people.

--------------------
Chief Mojo Rising
,,,where will you be when marshall law is put into effect,,,

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation