Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruit bodies and humidity [Re: Lennyk]
    #8319931 - 04/23/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lennyk said:
I think i read this yesterday, that if you don't see water droplets on the side of your chamber, than it could be one indication that the RH is not high enough.

This is not always the case. Condensation is created because of a temperature differential between the inside and outside of the container. You can have a relatively low RH with condensation on the walls of the tub, or a higher level with no condensation. This makes it tough to judge RH by condensation alone.

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLennyk
D-O-L-E Dole
Male

Loc: Near the Ground
Re: fruit bodies and humidity [Re: Premedman1]
    #8319954 - 04/23/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i didn't think of that, you are correct :smile:

Well that's why i bought an electronic humidity checker, a good investment if you ask me.

--------------------
Stealth Lighting 
Cubensis benefits beyond cluster headaches
Mush Extract! (You can even use Vinegar!)
Flame your needle in style with a sexy mini butane torch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happens in the Romper Room, stays in the Romper Room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts are written by the sex deprived helper monkey Curious George.

Offlinegjm6syn6
Stranger

#8320812 - 04/23/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, yall really went to town on that one...

The original question stems from some waste cakes buried in a potted plant. They decided to fruit some really nice shrooms during a drought last summer, the ambient rh was extremely low, yet I watered the plant every other day. The fruits were much healthier than what I've grown in a setup, very sturdy.

In my mind, with that situation, the myc had relatively high humidity due to my regular watering, yet the fruit bodies themselves had very low humidity.

-btw, the plant was outside in the shade

Any thoughts?

-gjm6syn6

Edited by gjm6syn6 (04/23/08 08:48 PM)

Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

Re: fruit bodies and humidity [Re: gjm6syn6]
    #8322164 - 04/24/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gjm6syn6 said:
Wow, yall really went to town on that one...

The original question stems from some waste cakes buried in a potted plant. They decided to fruit some really nice shrooms during a drought last summer, the ambient rh was extremely low, yet I watered the plant every other day. The fruits were much healthier than what I've grown in a setup, very sturdy.

In my mind, with that situation, the myc had relatively high humidity due to my regular watering, yet the fruit bodies themselves had very low humidity.

-btw, the plant was outside in the shade

Any thoughts?

-gjm6syn6

the room humidity (outside humidity in this case) may have been low but if you had taken a reading a few inches off of the soil in that pot you would have gotten a higher humidity reading due to the presence of the moist soil and the water evaporating off of the soil. outside humidity may have been 65% but you created a bit of a micro environment in the pot that may have seen humidity near 85%

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.-Bill Hicks-

by the way, everything i write is for entertainment purposes and is purely fictional. do not construe these written words with the author having any knowledge of actual persons, places, events, or actions.

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
    #8322398 - 04/24/08 09:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

As an example of an ultrasonic humidifier setup.

--------------------
-AV-

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder