Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

air ionizer
    #832228 - 08/21/02 08:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Do they work? Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of whether or not they do what they claim? I am asking specifically about this one here, http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=629263&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID= for use in a small grow area.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: air ionizer [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #834623 - 08/21/02 11:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have read somewhere - dont remember where - that air ionizer is a gr8 benefit for plants. When i read that i thought it might work gr8 for shrooms also. The flyer i read was saying something about lowering the risks of attacks to your plants with an air-ionizer. Dont know for sure!!!

To tell the truth, there is a kit sold here, a very cheap one and i thought to give it a try...

if u do pleaz post your results, i think it might be useful to all of us.

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#834676 - 08/21/02 11:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have no clue about with mushrooms I had one I paid like over a hundred bucks for and it kinda looked like a waste of money to me so I sold it......

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: air ionizer [Re: kykeon]
    #834680 - 08/21/02 11:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have one and it's an "active" unit with a fan. It pulls quite a bit of stuff (dust) out of the air and keeps the place relatively clean. It even keeps smells down. If you can purchase a high-end unit, I recommend it.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: air ionizer [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #834701 - 08/22/02 12:10 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well the kit i am talking about can be found at:

http://www.smartkit.gr
[ Various / Negative Ion Generator ]

and it says:
"The use of this circuit will greatly benefit your health and will give you a feeling of comfort. It helps cleaning the air from dust, pollen, smoke and pollution.The increased concentration of negative ions in the air makes it feel fresher, brings a feeling of well being, helps in reducing stress and effectively reduces the severity of symptoms in some respiratory troubles. It is also beneficial to animals and plants. Current: 100mA. SUITABLE BOX 2129. V 230VAC PCB 120x132 "

also on this site you can find cheap kits for making hygrometers with lcd display and various others that can be of benefit for a high-tek terrarium!!!

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: air ionizer [Re: kykeon]
    #834718 - 08/22/02 12:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It should work, but it looks like it has a very poor surface area. Mine has something that looks like steel mesh in a 1' x 2.5' frame. If you do purchase this, i recommend rigging up a fan to improve air circulation.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineTeiro
Earth Entitie
Loc: A Sunny Beach in a Tropic...
    #834878 - 08/22/02 04:27 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I highly recomend it, it puts dust to the floor (where I live there are two big steel factories that put a lot of iron dust on the air) and does a great work to conceal funny smells.
I bought mine from http://www.electrocorp.net/ " target="_blank"> http://www.electrocorp.net/ it works great.

--------------------
Life does not have to be necessarily long. It just has to be good. Be wise. Peace, Love, Flower Power.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: air ionizer [Re: Teiro]
    #835067 - 08/22/02 06:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you all for the replies, I have the one that is in the picture in the link I posted. i am worried because I tried testing it using cigarrette smoke and nothing. I expected the smoke to cling to the device, but it just happily trotted along it's merry way into my grow area. I felt cheated and dirty.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation