Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshelly1980
Stranger

Peroxide methode starting with spores.
    #8321519 - 04/23/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok so I have been ready Growing Mushrooms the Easy Way
Home Mushroom Cultivation with Hydrogen Peroxide vol 1&2 by by R. Rush Wayne, Ph.D. Frow what I have read and understrand,( may be Im a bit confused) the only real way to start out is by having a live piece of mushroom and growing it on agar treated with peroxide. Is thare any way to start with spores and go right into sawdust substrate with peroxide, making a bag of spawn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Peroxide methode starting with spores. [Re: shelly1980]
    #8321554 - 04/23/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In order to best answer your question, I have to direct you to the top right hand part of this page. There you will see a long white space with a button next to it that says search.

start there.
From what I know (and I may be wrong) Peroxide is not something to be using to grow mushrooms, only to treat certain contams.
Peroxide is bad for fungus.

Read up in the cultivation section and look on youtube for RR's movie "Let's Grow Mushrooms"(its in three or four parts on youtube). That is the best movie that I have seen on the subject.
So ditch the peroxide and read up and watch that movie

Best of luck to you.
Peace.

Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

Re: Peroxide methode starting with spores. [Re: creekfreek]
    #8322176 - 04/24/08 07:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

go to the archives section above the mush cult and search throught the "agar and liquid culture" section or try a search. peroxide is not good for mycelium.

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.-Bill Hicks-

by the way, everything i write is for entertainment purposes and is purely fictional. do not construe these written words with the author having any knowledge of actual persons, places, events, or actions.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Peroxide methode starting with spores. [Re: skattman1982]
    #8322196 - 04/24/08 07:30 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

With the exception of killing cobweb mold peroxide doesn't have nearly as much use in this hobby as people seem to think it does

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate