Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Concerning Your Republic, Democracy, and your Iraq War [Re: kriminalelement]
    #8321073 - 04/23/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

kriminalelement writes:

Quote:

I was responding to the OP, I don't think I even read your post.

To avoid confusion in future, it would be best to learn how to reply to the posters you wish to reply to. Everyone here who is familiar with the bulletin board software in use at The Shroomery believed you were replying to johnm214.

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Concerning Your Republic, Democracy, and your Iraq War [Re: kriminalelement]
    #8321353 - 04/23/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kriminalelement said:
I would agree with you if the war in Iraq had anything to do with the war on terror.

But actually, it is a hindrance. Iraq was never linked to Al Qaeda before we invaded. Iraq was Sunni, Al Qaeda was Shia. Iraq did not have WMDs.

Our current intentions in Iraq are not pure. Depleted Uranium missiles which are "safe for handling" (but not safe for inhalation after they blow up) are destroying our soldiers health and the health of innocent civilians in Iraq. We have done nothing besides bribe some of the major militia leaders to keep Iraqis from engaging in civil war, and it seems like we may have missed a payment.

It has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with oil and global military strategy.

BTW your knowledge of American politics and government seems very slim. Maybe you should attend a high school or something.

You're pretty wrong about a lot of things. The populace of Iraq is predominantly Shia. Saddam was a Sunni, though, which is why most Iraqis were all butthurt over him. As for Iraq being Sunni, remember that Iraq is more than lines in the sand drawn by British. By right, Iraqis really shouldn't give a shit about preserving Iraq, a country which is younger than my grandfather.

Remember that to folks that remain pro-war despite all the doublethink, to them it doesn't matter what got us in there; we can't leave or else there will be a bloodbath.

As for Al-Qadea being Shia, that wrong in exactly the same ways you were about Iraq. Al-Qaueda isn't real. What we see are groups like the Mujahadeen and other fractioned Islamic radicals which the media lumps together.
The reason for this lumping is to shorten the activation of the fear response. It takes less brain power to have all this fear channeled though one single conduit from recognition to emotion.
That being said, these groups largely come out of Arabia, which is pretty much all Sunni.

And DU is pretty awesome. Much in the same way 9/11 was awesome. Because awe is what you experience when you learn how frightening this shit is (and don't forget the shock!).
If you want to destroy the genetic material of an entire nation and contaminate the soil for generations to come DU is for you! It is doing EXACTLY what it was designed to do.

This war has more to do with killing Muslims than controlling oil.
Bush, Blair and all the puppets priase Islam as a religion of peace, to appease the docile, and yet codemn Syria, Iran, Fair Lebannon, and besiege Iraq and Afghanistan. So, should we be killing and sterilizing Muslims?
Seriously, what's not to hate about Islam? I think the religion is rather despicable. I think the world is better off without it. But people being killed and irradiated? That's some good Christian values, there.

Oil is a nice muse, though; Cheney and his cronies smile when they see people screaming THE WAR IS ABOUT OIL; it's infinitely better than them screaming ETHNIC CLEANSING.

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (04/23/08 10:35 PM)

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: Concerning Your Republic, Democracy, and your Iraq War [Re: Minstrel]
    #8321656 - 04/24/08 12:07 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You're pretty wrong about a lot of things. The populace of Iraq is predominantly Shia. Saddam was a Sunni, though, which is why most Iraqis were all butthurt over him. As for Iraq being Sunni, remember that Iraq is more than lines in the sand drawn by British. By right, Iraqis really shouldn't give a shit about preserving Iraq, a country which is younger than my grandfather.

I never said anything about Iraq BEING sunni, I said Iraq WAS sunni. Because of Saddam, like you said.

I don't think Al qaeda is "fake", and I don't think the whole problem is Sadr either.

As for the rest of what you said in your last post I'm not in disagreement and I don't see the conflict.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale