Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP?
    #832007 - 08/21/02 05:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok, i'm going crazy here. i just want to know what some of you would do in my situation...

background: married, one child age 3

let me start by saying that i don't use mushrooms to get "high". they are a teacher to me. sometimes the teacher calls me to class, and i eat the sacrament. this is a working part of my spirituality.

now, my wife (who was usually right alongside me tripping, although not for the same purpose i guess) has brought to my attention that she doesn't think i should take mushrooms any more. after not being able to get a concise reason why she'd think this, she finally came to the conclusion that i'd one time take too much and never return (go crazy, permanent tripping kind of thing). the first question is: how many of you have had this happen after taking psychedelics MANY MANY times, although very infrequently (MAYBE once a month if that) in the last few years? the second question is: would you give up your teacher to appease your family? i'm really in a bind here and i'd like your opinions...

-akyouser.oner

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephreedom
Stranger
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #832011 - 08/21/02 06:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #832012 - 08/21/02 06:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think you should ask yourself, do you love this person? If you answer yes they listen to her. If you use mushrooms as a teacher ask yourself what have I been tought by them and ask if you have learned enough yet. because if you are useing to learn then the best lesson in your life is the loves that you have. That wife..ir Woman has been by your side, that child will teach you patince, understanding, and best of all love. Have you ever gotten this from the few hours that mushrooms have given to you?
My answer would be yes.. I would give it up. I know how much the people in my life mean to me and not one would I sacrifice to the god of mushrooms.....

Unity...
http://mushrooms.batcave.net/New%20index%5F2.htm

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: phreedom]
    #832021 - 08/21/02 06:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Dude..

what makes you happier?

1- A loving family

2- Fun Drugs..

you can have your family all day, every day, and if you are in a good situation, have a good life..

Try to take drugs all day everyday..!!!!! see how happy you end up after a few years!!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #832022 - 08/21/02 06:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"let me start by saying that i don't use mushrooms to get "high". they are a teacher to me. sometimes the teacher calls me to class, and i eat the sacrament. this is a working part of my spirituality. "

From what I can decipher, your motivations for doing shrooms are beyond reproach and I seriously don't think you need fear "not coming back". Are your wife's concerns moneterairly based, ie: you may not come back and therefore no longer be able to provide materially.....or just some vague anxiety?

Family is important but so is spirituality(IMO). I think you need to really examine how important spirituality is to YOU and ask yourself if you would be worse off(and perhaps a worse husband/caregiver) if you were to abandon your spiritual pursuit(s).....just my opinion

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: Curious_George]
    #832025 - 08/21/02 06:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, that was some repeating shit was'nt it... OOPs... we must have replied at the same time.. heh heh..

but my comment still stands!!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#832069 - 08/21/02 06:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, this reminds me of a situation I got in with my X-GIRLFRIEND. It was over my Salvia use. She was very ignorant of this compound and placed it with all the other "drugs" that are labeled illegal and dangerous.

I suggest you stop momentarily to make your wife happy. But during your time off I recommend that you educate her on the positives of incorporating psychedelics and hallucinogens into ones life. Give her all the sources like Heffter Research Institute, MAPS, Erowid, Lycaeum, J. Ott's books, TIHKAL, etcetera; it?s all online. See if she is willing to listen and appreciate how these compounds have been around since it all started, and how they are being studied and used to treat such things as psychological diseases. Get it out of her head that you might over dose, in the unlikeliness which that will ever happen with mushrooms, and try to educate her on the world of these compounds. And use different words to describe the compounds; entheogens, sacraments, agents...

Then, it all comes down to make the decision which only you can make! After your trials, has she come around? Have you come around? You will know when this point comes, and remember that you are always in control and there are always alternatives.

I wish you the best of fortune with this; I feel for you man...

Brukan

Edited by Brukan (08/21/02 06:53 AM)

Offlinejim_dewit
A pound of whichweighs...

#832170 - 08/21/02 07:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think your mistake is in thinking mushrooms are your teacher.

Mushrooms themselves dont bring any wisdom or teaching. They allow you to see things you already knew, but perhaps werent aware of. You dont need mushrooms to do this. And frankly, I think its a crutch, if your really serious about spirituality.

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: jim_dewit]
    #832184 - 08/21/02 07:40 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Re: jim_dewit / crutch

Yes I like what you wrote, but I don't know if this applies to akyouser_oner. This is a good statement in general for mushrooms. Kudos.

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: jim_dewit]
    #832194 - 08/21/02 07:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

of course i know that there are other ways. but you have to admit that the spirit of the mushroom helps to guide. ok, you don'thave to admit it, but for me it really does. he talks to me and shows me the things i need to see. thanks to all you guys who put in your 2 cents, i appreciate seeing different perspectives on the matter. it does indeed boil down to my family, and living this life is what it's all about. fortunately, through mediated discussion, she has come to the conclusion that she trusts me to handle the teacher respectfully and not misuse it.

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineGhostWalker
Stranger
    #832211 - 08/21/02 08:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, I understand where you are coming from. If you just wanted to get high, I would say it would be foolish to screw up a family over drugs; however, if your use is not lifestyle or 'belief' but religious conviction, that is a different matter. If you had no kid, I would say it may be time to evaluate where your life is taking you vs. your wife's life. With a kid, it is not that simple... I know my kid comes before anything right now. Until she gets out of the house, she gets what she needs FIRST. Anyway, I don't think all the peyote and Ayahuasca using religions are stuck with a crutch, I think they have a legitimate spiritual claim to their use, so I happen to agree with you on spiritual use. Take some time away. A couple years away to educate your wife and grow with her cannot hurt. If Teonanactl is a god, if he is your god/teacher, he will reveal to you a proper time to return to his communion I am sure you will decide the right thing for you to do.

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#832212 - 08/21/02 08:02 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

> fortunately, through mediated discussion, she has come to the conclusion that she trusts me to handle the teacher respectfully and not misuse it.

GREAT! Keep up the discussions; always bring up something if it is bothering you. I'll keep wishing the good fortune on you (can't hurt).

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
    #832273 - 08/21/02 08:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms are not just your teacher. Mushrooms are the teacher. Psylocybin unlocked the secret of the network for our ancestors, and one day it will unlock the full potential of the human mind. There should be no fear of never comming back, in both a medical and spritual sense. Psylocybin is metabolized amazingly fast and efficiently in the human body (unlike certain other synthesized psychedelics). On a spiritual plane, you have nothing to fear form the mushroom, and if you manifest the fear on your own it will corrupt the experience and leave as hollow, meaningless, and worst of all, false. Why have a family? To better yourself, to better others? To better define your place in the universe? The ritualistic use of Psylocybin accomplishes all of these goals by better showing you the interconectedness of every peice of matter in the universe.

I'm not saying mushroom use superceeds family, or atleast not that it should, but just as your wfies concernes are important to you, your spiritual practices should be important to her. The mushroom is a sacrament. Treat it as one and the rest just falls into place. I wish you the best of luck in all your journeys.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #832295 - 08/21/02 08:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think the fear of 'never coming back' is unfounded. HPPD does exist, but it is very rare and is not equivalent to losing it and never being sane again. Why didn't your wife suggest instead that you never drive a car again? You are about ten thousand times more likely to never come back when you get in a car. Or how about walking up stairs? Thousands of people die every year from this.

It sounds to me like she just doesn't like the idea of doing psychedelic drugs now that your kid is walking and talking. Talk with her about it and try to pinpoint what her sudden aversion to mushrooms is. I say as long as you are taking care of your family, you're fine. Why is she afraid you will take too much? Do you not have a scale? Have you got a history of binging on fungus? HPPD is the least of the threats to your family's well-being.

Having said that, if she still is insistent upon you abstaining regardless of what you say about it, then it is probably best to abstain, even if you think her fears are for no good reason. Your family IS more important, no doubt, but you don't have to give up mushrooms to take care of your family unless it is going to create a rift between you and your wife. I don't see why she is afraid of a monthly voyage if you are both responsible people.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #832509 - 08/21/02 10:36 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hi aky

listen to a woman' s words...

1. Nothing is without risk. But in relation to other things, that everyone would declare to be quite save, like taking a shower, going to work, eating at Mc D' s, shrooms are extremely safe. It is a much higher risk to go insane because of overworking or beeing mobbed at work.

2. Maybe your wife experiented the trips totaly different from you. Maybe to her, it was rather scary than spiritual. Or she noticed changes in you, you didn' t mind. Shrooms, like every psychoactive substance, are not suitable for everyone. Didn' t you talk about your trips?!
You should tell your wife, how much the shrooms mean to you. If this doesn 't change her mind, stop doing them for a while. It doesn 't have to be forever, time changes many things. Now, as you chose to have a family, it should take the first place in your life.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Anonymous

Re: WOULD YOU GIVE IT ALL UP? [Re: Curious_George]
    #834099 - 08/21/02 07:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #835739 - 08/22/02 12:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would give them up in a second. Family is the only important thing.

However, like some have said already.....in that time I would educate her on the benefits of shroomin. This actually kind of happened to me. I explained to my wife and finally convinced her to shroom with me one night. We went up to the mountains and made love under the stars and it was, to say the least, MAGICAL.

She was able to do a lot of soul searching and shrooms became her teacher. Now she understands and does them with me.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
    #835923 - 08/22/02 01:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Negotiate with her, bud. You love her right? You don't have to give either one up if you do it right.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #836154 - 08/22/02 03:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In your place, my child would be the deciding factor...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineshroom666
Dude

#836578 - 08/22/02 06:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Slap her about and tell her to mind her goddamn own business, orelse feed her to the dogs in your local pound!!! Poison the bitch with anthrax and send her to arabia where she will be forced to belly dance for Bin ladens crew. AHHHHh ha.
Nah
If you love her stop man.

--------------------
"They all float down here....they all float!!"
"Life is not an act, midgets are real fun"
"What you feel, it might not be"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology