Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemaxxdenton
Man of Change
Male

Loc: Colorado
Time for Revolution?
    #8318819 - 04/23/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've been going through Shroomery over the past month finding hundreds if not thousands of people who think the same way I do and have become fed up with the lies and political spin our politicians and media have been spewing to the public.

I think with the recent environmental awareness, disapproval of Bush and the Iraq war, and the failing economy people are looking for change.

When the Founding Fathers started this nation, they intended that it's people rise against it's government if said government has become too powerful or corrupt. I'd say that these things have already manifested. So aren't we long overdue for a revolution?

Yet, to gather enough people to truly make a change is going to be difficult. I'm not saying we should start rallying in the streets or reverting to anarchy or even involve violence. Instead, simply keep revolution in mind, start spreading the vibe, inform people that something needs to be done and let the snowball of change take effect.

I think it's time to get the ball in motion. What does everyone else think? Other ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: maxxdenton]
    #8318848 - 04/23/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The best revolution is through the power of voting; vote the career politicians out of office.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineabica
Intrepid Warlock's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The River City
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Seuss]
    #8318950 - 04/23/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

When I think of this sort of thing, I start thinking about thresholds.

What was the true intent of the founders?

Is "we think the gov.'s actions are morally wrong" enough?

Some actions, for example, a blanket violation of the bill of rights across a "reasonable" segment of society (1%? 5%? 10%?) are clearly grounds for armed insurrection, which is practically our duty at that point.

But it's pretty important to figure out where that line in the sand is...and part of the problem with that is the old frog-in-the-pot analogy.

Who the fuck put a frog in a pot of water to figure that out anyway?

As far as I'm concerned, there's revolution and then there's revolution. The crazy italicized kind, hopefully, will never have to happen, and almost definitely won't. The other kind that doesn't involve the near-complete destruction of society happens through awareness, action (non-violent!) and activism.

You'll know if it's ever truly time for revolution, and anyone with any sense will really really hope we never reach that state. All great civilizations rise and fall, and hopefully we in the modern world can see clearly enough to make it a bit more like gentle hills than catastrophic plunges.

--------------------
My first poo tub

Offlinemaxxdenton
Man of Change
Male

Loc: Colorado
    #8319053 - 04/23/08 02:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I'm not insinuating the italicized revolution. I'm talking about a counter-culture movement similar to the 60's with more outcome. We had a good momentum then, but not enough to make significant change.

There's no need to rise up in arms and start picking of politicians. But we as the people have a duty to inform our fellow citizens of the TRUTH.

This is what the media has failed to do so far; and with good reason. American media, because we've become such a consumerist nation, is itself a product fluctuating on supply and demand. People WANT to hear certain stories about certain things and media supplies that, even if it's lies, because it SELLS.

I just want us, even as consumers, to demand something different, and to gather others to the cause. Just spread the word, set the vibe.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: abica]
    #8319066 - 04/23/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't understand why anyone in the United States would advocate revolution.

The fact is that the Country is endowed with a Constitution which you can, with enough POPULAR support, change to say almost anything you want. Is this not a pretty good system? Do you have a problem with the Bill of Rights, which I think most people would agree is one of the most influential freedom-affirming documents in the History of Man and which is the back-stop of our Government?

You can say you don't like the way things are going now, but the Constitution gives you the means to change things from INSIDE the system.

It sounds pretty good to me. I mean, if things are as bad as you say they are it should be no problem to pass a Constitutional Amendment in 2/3 of the States, or whatever the rules are to make whatever radical changes you want.

Right?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8319238 - 04/23/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

But but but t3H peeples are sheeples and everybody who dont agree with us bright young things are T3h stoopit and eeeevul. Karlrove Karlrove Karlrove Karlrove Karlrove Karlrove.

(Say it enough times and he will come out of your mirror. How many is enough? Hard to say, none who have succeeded have returned to report)

--------------------

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #8319314 - 04/23/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yes, the Constitution does allow for change from within. that is the genius of the system.

some however would argue that the system is too far gone to be changed for any good. enter "revolution".

personally, i don't think voting career politicians out of office is enough. there's much to be done, though it won't be a revolution on any large scale, at least not at first.

the revolution that you speak of is already starting. there are certain people within certain organizations who are trying to give the government back to the people, but they are being met with much resistance. the people whom i reference are Ron Paul supporters and their actions in certain state GOP conventions. though following the rules to amend platform, RP supporters have sucessfully amended certain state GOP platforms including opposition to the Iraq war and the FED. certain state GOP higher-ups aren't happy about this, and in some cases are actually breaking their own rules to nullify what the RP people have done. now that's just fucked up.

perhaps the best thing about obama's campaign is his ability to rally people so fervently. even though i think most of them are cattle simply following a dim light through the night (see lonestar's sig), many have been duped through his promise of change. he's full of shit (but that's another debate). however, those who really do believe in the change he can bring (but he won't) may become allies in this movement. it shows that there is definitely a willingness on a large scale for some sort of change. these people are only mistaken in that they think the government will help facilitate the change, whereas in reality, it will rest upon the individual efforts en masse for change to come about.

i haven't yet read ron paul's new book The Revolution: a Manifesto, but i certainly will soon. but i have a feeling the outline is something like this:
1)corruption and apathy abound
2)people start becoming aware
3)catalyst

here it can go in two directions, violent or non-violent (though of course the path may change)
4)enough people are awoken that they start participating in politics to replace the career politicians.
5)a slow process ensues, perhaps 50-100 years of undoing the last 100 years of fuck up.

i don't see how a violent revolution would work in this country. the logistics of it are inane. this country is too spread out. even if people marched on the capitol and started assassinating politicians, what would that accomplish?

the question was asked several days ago, why has nobody assassinated george bush? to which somebody replied, it wouldn't do any good. this is true.

what we must remember is that many of the events we have witnessed have been part of a plan made by a small number of men in great secrecy. believe it or not, i'm sure of it. that's not to say that every little thing that has happened was planned out. but they had more of a guideline of what was to come. example: nafta in 1993 opens the door for many problems now. 9/11 opens door for war on terror, which is a war on you. war on terror spreads. war on terror costs so much, it ends up ruining the middle class. war on terror destroys the dollar. in an attempt to fix it, a NAU is suggested with a "unified currency".

these forces are pushing these events upon us. we must resist this massive weight with all our might and repel it if we are to save our country.

so it starts with us.
you.
me.
the shroomery.
even all the stoners at the growery.

the internet is a great place to spread information, we must take advantage of it while we still have it available to us (see china & google).

a while ago, people who talked about this kind of stuff were called kooks, conspiracy theorists and whatnot. but now look as more information comes out, all these individuals are vindicated. history will prove them right. i don't really like alex jones and all the lot, but as more and more people come out for 9/11 truth, he looks more right every day. as the dollar continues to collapse due to FED intervention and other factors, Ron Paul, who has spoken on this issue for years, is vindicated daily. go figure. :shrug:

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlineabica
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8322377 - 04/24/08 09:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

A cultural revolution is something we could surely use.

I don't think it will happen like it has (or has tried to happen) before.

The trigger for such a thing will be an event or series of events akin to the great depression. Something bad is bound to happen sometime, and by this I don't mean 9/11 style "bad." Yeah, an attack on civilians, killing thousands- this is no good, but it's not a fundamental change generating force. It's essentially small beans compared to something that happens that causes nationwide...unrest, poverty, panic, disorder?

The difference I see between ourselves and (insert ancient civilization that rose to a golden age and fell) is our constitution. So long as those in power are not absolutely powerful and absolutely corrupt, our fundamentals should be preserved, like something in a fireproof safe in a house fire.

The house fire I'm referring to, in this case, is sort of like a forest fire, clearing out all the bull-hockey, maintaining the long-term soil cycle, etc.

It would be very interesting to see how today's Americans would react to some really bad times.

Members of this forum alone- think of what a multi-layered demographic this is, and that's only one tiny tiny segment of the country.

Who would rise up to the challenge? Who would fail? Who would act like the taliban? Who would act like the insurgents in iraq? What about the mafia? What about the bible belt? Upper middle class suburbanites? How many folks, at that point, will set of into less populated areas? How many communes spring up? (Hopefully, myself and many folks I know would congregate and have one hell of a go at it! My right winger buddies might suddenly find "micro-communism" pretty attractive) Honestly, I'm sure a lot of us have circles that could actually form fairly good communities...we have musicians, maybe a machinist, a few gardeners, cooks, construction people, an engineer, a nurse or doc maybe, a woodworker, teachers, huinters, etc. etc.

Provide these conditions and society becomes a metaphorical shroom grow...lots of spores...pretty interesting.

That's my idea of an ideal cultural revolution. Under the pretense that I'd really rather not see horrible things happen to our country, I think we could rise from the ashes, so to speak, and maybe undo a couple generations of watered down souls.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8323176 - 04/24/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What does everyone else think? Other ideas?

I think you are young and do not understand human nature.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Icelander]
    #8323434 - 04/24/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

A spiritual revolution must come about in the individual first. It manifests itself politically as people realize they are being manipulated.

It is where politics dictate spirituality that you can see tyranny. It is going on around you; a lovely example is the new hip religion of climate concern, brought to you by the theater, as seen on TV. Since so many people are spiritually dead anyway; following the teachings and beliefs of Someone Else.

I have confidence in mankind, but I wish we weren't taking our fucking time.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Minstrel]
    #8325036 - 04/24/08 09:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

as you wish young friend, lets check back in twenty or thirty years.

--------------------

OfflineDaishi
Prime Mover
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Icelander]
    #8325120 - 04/24/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Unless you go by a double standard or special pleading any politician who knowingly orders his goons to steal or murder is guilty of a serious offense. Arguing that when Hitler or Stalin mass murdered millions of civilians that is was "legal" according to the law of the land is no excuse. If the Mafia don orders a "hit" it is still murder even if he does not pull the trigger himself.

As the Declaration of Independence proves self-defense is justified if you are being oppressed. Indeed you should consider acting while guns are still legal.

--------------------
Man has to be man--by choice; he has to hold his life as a value--by choice; he has to learn to sustain it--by choice; he has to discover the values it requires and practice his virtues—-by choice. A code of values accepted by choice is a code of morality.”-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8325439 - 04/24/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"The vibe" by itself isn't going to accomplish diddly shit. Look at the hippies. They spent years dropping acid, feelin' the vibe and contemplating their navels. What did they accomplish? Again, diddly shit.

The "powers that be" have all that power because they control the development technology, the source of all power. They own all the scientists and engineers, who work hard to make The Overlordstm more and more powerful. If we are to have a real revolution, we're going to need an army of scientists and engineers who refuse to surrender their power to the machine.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8325970 - 04/25/08 03:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The bolsheviks, french revolutionaries, minutemen, national revolutionary army, peoples liberation army, anti-franco partisans, warsaw uprising fighters, and anti-roman judeans if they were here today would be utterly disgusted that somebody living the quality of life that the United States of America offers would want a revolution. They would probably call you a spoilt brat who can never be thankful for what they have, that they live in one of the most free societies in history where people actually have the power to make a difference, and have, many times in the past ACTUALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE.

In fact, you've inspired me, I'm going to lead a revolution against my professor because a girl with good tits got a higher grade than me, thats corruption. And I'm going start a revolution against the university for raising the tuition, and I'm going to start a revolution against one of my roomates because he makes more money and should be paying a higher percentage of the cable bill and rent than the rest of us. And I'll start a revolution against you untill you pay for my gas.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

Edited by AScannerDarkly (04/25/08 03:55 AM)

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8326351 - 04/25/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
The best revolution is through the power of voting; vote the career politicians out of office.

Except of course, when vote rigging and election fraud makes voting useless.

If people want to dispose of these criminals in our respective governments, the only thing we can really do is infiltrate, all of us, take local government positions, do neighbourhood drives to get elected, volunteer to supervise ballot counting, campaign against easily forged electronic votes.

Either that, or get so down trodden that violent revolution becomes an attractive choice. It will be when people have got nothing left to loose and are starving.

--------------------

Offlineabica
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8326962 - 04/25/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with both Visionary and Scanner.

It's true that we've got a good thing going here, that by and large we really are a bunch of spoiled brats.

Nonetheless, there are failings in our system, and it seems that there are new things cropping up (Diebold) that make the system look like a joke to some people. If they don't have confidence in the system, they won't have confidence in their representation. This breeds more and more discontent, and probably allows Those In Power to stray farther into the land of Whatever The Hell They Want To Do.

etc. etc.

--------------------
My first poo tub

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: Daishi]
    #8327362 - 04/25/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Indeed you should consider acting while guns are still legal.

Oh I do. Every day.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #8327499 - 04/25/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

The "powers that be" have all that power because they control the development technology, the source of all power. They own all the scientists and engineers, who work hard to make The Overlordstm more and more powerful.  If we are to have a real revolution, we're going to need an army of scientists and engineers who refuse to surrender their power to the machine.

lets see some evidence for this, cuz to me it seems like you blaming society for you not reaching you're potential in terms of lifestyle, production, happines, et cet.

It's easy to blame "them" and its the same tactic the totalitarian governments you likely disdain used to garner support for their meritless and unsupported ideas.

The world is not out to get you :shiftyeyes:

and after you get done providing evidence for your notions in the above, share with us how to remove harmful restraints on science, buisness, and th emeans of production

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: johnm214]
    #8328056 - 04/25/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

The "powers that be" have all that power because they control the development technology, the source of all power. They own all the scientists and engineers, who work hard to make The Overlordstm more and more powerful.  If we are to have a real revolution, we're going to need an army of scientists and engineers who refuse to surrender their power to the machine.

lets see some evidence for this, cuz to me it seems like you blaming society for you not reaching you're potential in terms of lifestyle, production, happines, et cet.

It's easy to blame "them" and its the same tactic the totalitarian governments you likely disdain used to garner support for their meritless and unsupported ideas.

The world is not out to get you :shiftyeyes:

and after you get done providing evidence for your notions in the above, share with us how to remove harmful restraints on science, buisness, and th emeans of production

He's got it backwards anyway. Business corrupts government, not the other way around

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8328065 - 04/25/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You need evidence to see that almost all engineers and scientists are working for large corporations that use them to design large scale technology that are not practical designs for individuals and small groups?

Do you also need me to provide evidence that large corporations and wealthy individuals have a disproportionate amount control over the government and our daily lives?

People will have more power on the individual level if they educate themselves and use their education to shift power back to the small scale rather than exacerbating the problems caused by centralization of power. This is done through self-employment, which requires a certain amount of competency.

Large businesses are not going to pay engineers to design small scale technology, since they themselves are large and have no interest in helping small businesses and individuals be more competitive with them.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8328075 - 04/25/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Government and big business have had their hands in each other's pants since the middle ages.

Also, when I say "The Powers That Be" I mean government and big business.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8328101 - 04/25/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Either way my point still stands

The bolsheviks, french revolutionaries, minutemen, national revolutionary army, peoples liberation army, anti-franco partisans, warsaw uprising fighters, and anti-roman judeans if they were here today would be utterly disgusted that somebody living the quality of life that the United States of America offers would want a revolution. They would probably call you a spoilt brat who can never be thankful for what they have, that they live in one of the most free societies in history where people actually have the power to make a difference, and have, many times in the past ACTUALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8328111 - 04/25/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

feel free to address my question as to what you would do about this situation, I'm curious.

And yes I do want evidence. You've since changed teh question to several other issues, so feel free to provide evidence for those positions too, i.e. "almost all scientists work for large buisness that uses them...."

But yes, I also would like evidence as to your original assertions, and not the deflected assertions, such as the ones I quoted in my post above. Since you responded w/ incredulity at this question I presume you have such. Lets see it.

OfflineDaishi
Prime Mover
    #8330669 - 04/26/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

- The Declaration of Independence

--------------------
Man has to be man--by choice; he has to hold his life as a value--by choice; he has to learn to sustain it--by choice; he has to discover the values it requires and practice his virtues—-by choice. A code of values accepted by choice is a code of morality.”-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

OfflineDaishi
Prime Mover
    #8330679 - 04/26/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AScannerDarkly said:

So you trade your political freedoms for material comforts.

--------------------

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8330813 - 04/26/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Daishi said:
Quote:

AScannerDarkly said:

No, I appreciate the political freedoms I have and dont stamp my feet like a child going "I want more! I want more!". Most people in the world would love to have the freedoms we enjoy.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8330872 - 04/26/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I see more Americans stomping their feet saying "I want less! I want less!" "Cowboy up!" and talking about how much they love freedom while only really giving a shit about their own freedom.

If Amurrika's so damn free, then why are our prisons so full of non-violent drug "offenders"?

You ever been arrested?

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlineweallsmoke
Rap god frombeyond the moon
Male User Gallery

#8330883 - 04/26/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Voting wont do anything. The government is one sided if you pick for someone else then hes just gonna do the same crap.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8330885 - 04/26/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Daishi said:

The only point of political freedom is to secure material comfort. It's a cart/horse issue that many, including JFK, have misunderstood.

--------------------

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8330898 - 04/26/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I see more Americans stomping their feet saying "I want less! I want less!" "Cowboy up!" and talking about how much they love freedom while only really giving a shit about their own freedom.

Really? Look around you for once, stop watching the damn tv representations of America. I for one have NEVER seen someone wearing a cowboy hat outside of theatre. The most I see is a "support our troops" ribbon

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8330985 - 04/26/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't watch TV. These are people I see with my eyeballs and have to listen to every day.

They don't wear cowboy hats, they wear t-shirts that say "Cowboy up" and are downright enthusiastic about the up and coming war with Iran.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8331016 - 04/26/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Do you live in Boston? Because "Cowboy Up" is a slogan of the Boston Red Sox fans, most of whom are idiotic liberals who keep re-electing drunken murderers to be Senators.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8331044 - 04/26/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nope, Tennessee. I go to school with engineering students who think wars are fucking rodeos, Saddam had WMD's, believe everything they hear on Fox News or the G. Gordon Liddy Show, and can't wait to go work for the Military Industrial Complextm so we can go spread more freedoms to those godless sand niggers.

Also, Bush is a geanious!

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

#8331363 - 04/26/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Nope, Tennessee. I go to school with engineering students who think wars are fucking rodeos, Saddam had WMD's, believe everything they hear on Fox News or the G. Gordon Liddy Show, and can't wait to go work for the Military Industrial Complextm so we can go spread more freedoms to those godless sand niggers.

Also, Bush is a geanious!

Well get the fuck out of tennessee and go to a real state like the west or the east coast.

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8331386 - 04/26/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

All my family and friends live here, plus being surrounded by idiots makes me feel smarter.

That said, I might after I graduate, at least for a while if I find a good job somewhere out of state.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlineabica
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8331628 - 04/26/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

LOL baby hitler!

My roommate's an engineer, the firm he works for, especially his car pool...these guys are just like you described.

Educated people that love fox news, think climate change is totally fine and natural and there's no evidence of human's effect on climate, think the housing market troubles are 100% the fault of "stupid people overextending their finances" and...well, lots of other fun stuff.

They like bush. They think that drilling in ANWR will solve our nation's energy problems. Most of them drive trucks and SUVs with v8 engines.

Luckily, thanks to the reason for my presence here on this site, mr. roommate's consciousness is gonna expand!

(just kidding, sort of. He is eager to have a nice fungi or 4 though.)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: abica]
    #8331653 - 04/26/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Fucking exactly. I think they all go home and jerk off to logos of huge multinational corporations too.

Bechtel came to recruit at our school once and I tacked up an article about their shady business practices doing business with Saddam in 1988. Surprisingly, it stayed up until the day they arrived.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Time for Revolution? [Re: weallsmoke]
    #8332659 - 04/26/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

weallsmoke said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

Voting wont do anything. The government is one sided if you pick for someone else then hes just gonna do the same crap.

go to the E.T. and crystal forum if you want to talk about conspiracies to screw you.

The US is very free as to who can run for office, very.
People are in office cuz they're voted in. You could elect the KKK if you wanted.
I realize its empowering to have a victim complex, but recognize that the politicians act the way they do cuz people want that, either affirmativly or as a compromise they prefer to the alternative candidates.

Believe it or not, majorities or pluralities do rule come election day. You just lost, deal with it.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8332663 - 04/26/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Half the time I read your posts and am like, "Man, how can he have it so wrong?", then I read one like this and some measure of my faith in you is restored.

This would be one of the latter.

Spot on.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8332778 - 04/26/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:mypleasure:

OfflineLimes
fellowsopher
Male

Loc: Canada
    #8341245 - 04/29/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

but you have to keep in mind just how big the current administration is, think about 9/11, if it IS true about the bush administration being responsible. It's a big deal, and if they could do that, they could probably pull some other shit outta their ass to keep the administration going, even if its in anoher name.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate