Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblerobinhood2
merry man w/outthe tights!
A very interesting birthing?
    #830955 - 08/20/02 07:16 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

So I had this dream today, and in my dream....

I was birthing these cakes in a terrarium. They were doing FANTASTIC. Mad pins were everywhere, and I couldn't help but to watch them grow. I had this homemade plexiglass terrarium that was doing a fine job maintaining 73-79 degrees and 90% humidity. (I know, I know, you're not supposed to be able to read digital numbers in dreams, but somehow I could!)

Now the curious part is, in my dream there was this one leftover jar that was just sitting there outside the terrarium. Why? Well it spoke to me. It said, "I didn't colonize right. Somehow during pressure cooking, my brown rice sort of seperated from the vermiculite, forming this dense gooey layer through the middle." I could see the mycellium actually colonized on top of the gooey layer, but could not penetrate below it to make a full colonization.

Upon examining this poor jar (in my dream, of course), I noticed that it had actually started to pin from sitting out in the cold and light. I figured, why not open it up and let those pins grow? So I took off the lid and noticed that the top layer was a complete coating of mycellium that acted as a barrier to the uncolonized substrate below. And in this dream, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool if this crude top layer of mycellium could actually fruit and draw from the nutrients locked below without exposing the uncolonized substrate to the air?

So in my dream I picked up the jar, with the lid off, and just stuck it in the terrarium with the rest of its buddies. Now, had this happened in real life, not in a dream, would you folks think this would be a good idea? Would there be any contamination risk to the other cakes? Hypothetical, I know, but humor me ;o)

Robin

--------------------
"Rob? That's a naughty word, we never rob. We just.. borrow a bit from those who can afford it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: A very interesting birthing? [Re: robinhood2]
    #830959 - 08/20/02 07:19 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I would have scraped off the uncolonized portion. If any part of the uncolonized substrate is exposed, I'm certain it would contaminate. YMMV.

Good luck!

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: A very interesting birthing? [Re: robinhood2]
    #830992 - 08/20/02 07:31 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

i had that same dream, about the dense gooy layer......in my dream i tossed them cause i thiought it was a contam.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation