Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Psychotropic plant use in the Americas [Re: Chronic7]
    #8296616 - 04/17/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's for my "Archaeology of the New World" class, so I'm sticking strictly to the Americas. I'm pretty sure my prof isn't going to think "so Mexicans get high so what." He's the one that included the question on the list of exam choices. "How were intoxicants (other than alcohol) used and what is the significance to cultural development in the Americas?" He loves this subject.

And for the record, human minds were just as complex in 2000 BC as they are now. People then would have just had different ideas due to thier different environments and cultures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7

Re: Psychotropic plant use in the Americas [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8296642 - 04/17/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
It's for my "Archaeology of the New World" class, so I'm sticking strictly to the Americas. I'm pretty sure my prof isn't going to think "so Mexicans get high so what." He's the one that included the question on the list of exam choices. "How were intoxicants (other than alcohol) used and what is the significance to cultural development in the Americas?" He loves this subject.

And for the record, human minds were just as complex in 2000 BC as they are now. People then would have just had different ideas due to thier different environments and cultures.

Of course only america is new world i forgot, silly me.

Humans minds were just as complex, but they were probably less concerned with uncecessary things, or maybe more so...one things for sure they would not have been so material orientated.

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8296657 - 04/17/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe, maybe not. They would have been concerned with different things as they were members of different cultures. Whether or not they were concerned with 'unecessary' things is pretty subjective. Although I'd probably agree that our culture is one of the lamest and most wrongly focused of all time. Our obsession with productivity is pretty ridiculous.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #8296665 - 04/17/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I can't help but wonder what their visuals would be like... I for one bet they'd be totally different.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleChronic7

#8296678 - 04/17/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Tryna fill a hole that cant be filled...:shrug:

I just think tripping technology free would be great, just dancing around a fire chanting and beating drums and the such...no watching tv everynight just staring at the stars, i wanna try mescaline i've been hearing about it everywhere. Ayahuasca seems brilliant but scary too.

That "man who drank the universe" on his second night on ayahuasca...it mustve been intense!

Ur papers good anyway man hope you get top marks.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Psychotropic plant use in the Americas [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8296697 - 04/17/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I can't help but wonder what their visuals would be like... I for one bet they'd be totally different.

I think it depends...but im sure the cartoony stuff might be a bit less, when i trip sometimes its like im getitng hallucenations from the first things i ever saw on tv as a child, like cartoon rabbits and stuff like that, im sure if that memory of a cartoon rabbit was not there i would not have had the hallucenation. But then maybe cartoons came fomr hallucenations like alice in wonderland etc...

But then i also get hallucenations of buddhist/hindu deities of which i knew nothing about until the hallucenations or before id even started studying buddhism so its like going into the mind or beyond it, i think.

Whatever im sure theyre hallucenations wouldve been much more organic nature orientated

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8296744 - 04/17/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

They would have had the same geometrical kind of stuff, because that's "entoptic phenomena", you're actually just seeing the structure of your eye. Seeing shapes and bright lights and tunnels is universal. But the true hallucination kind of visuals would have been different I'm sure. They would have seen thier own mythology and not ours.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8302470 - 04/18/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
But you didn't say anything at all about the paper I wrote. You made a general statement that seemed to refer more to the field of archaeology as a whole than to the specific content of my essay.

No I was really referring to your paper. It didn't say anything you couldn't find in many other places.

Give me some personal experience girl.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Psychotropic plant use in the Americas [Re: Icelander]
    #8303317 - 04/19/08 02:26 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It's a paper for 2nd year college, it's not supposed to be original. Original work isn't even possible until graduate school. The purpose of completing a bachelor's degree is learning how to track down and compile information that other people figured out before you. Boring? Maybe. That's how it works though. I'm learning. Sorry if I'm not yet up to your standards. :shrug:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8304172 - 04/19/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
It's a paper for 2nd year college, it's not supposed to be original. Original work isn't even possible until graduate school. The purpose of completing a bachelor's degree is learning how to track down and compile information that other people figured out before you. Boring? Maybe. That's how it works though. I'm learning. Sorry if I'm not yet up to your standards. :shrug:

So why did  you post it here? Did  you crave recognition for compiling information? You are not sorry dearie, your self-important feelings were hurt. I could say more but it would just inflame your self image all the more. :hissyfit: I'm your petty tyrant for today.;)

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #8304982 - 04/19/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It's a paper for 2nd year college, it's not supposed to be original.

Wrong. One should strive for maximum originality in any year of college when writing. The information you search is not original, but one can make original conclusions about the data. Creativity is not just for artists! State an original thesis and use the data to back it up. I have been there...several times, and I speak from experience. Originality will separate you from the herds of ticket punchers if learning and attempting to realize the self is your actual goal.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8305867 - 04/19/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I posted it because I thought it was interesting and I can't remember the last time anyone on these forums talked about archaeology. If you didn't find it interesting that's unfortunate for you, but it doesn't really affect me in any way. The health of my ego isn't dependant on your approval. Why do you think I feel self important? Because I posted something I wrote? Do you feel self important when you post threads? I'm not so delusional as to think something I wrote in a couple of hours is going to be mindblowing, or so fragile that your disapproval will cause me to doubt myself or change my mind about how interesting a particular subject is. I'm humble enough to recognize that I'm learning and that while my research and writing skills are steadily improving, I have plenty of room to grow.

Hue: you're right.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8306076 - 04/19/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If I am hearing you correctly, the Icelander/NN rendezvous is off...

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #8306090 - 04/19/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm your petty tyrant for today

You ALWAYS get to play the petty tyrant. Give someone else a chance fer chrissakes!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder