Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: deCypher]
    #16306822 - 05/30/12 03:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I found the following to be really interesting:

Quote:

For some reason, the thought occurred to me that I'd be able to read the book better if I closed my eyes.
Upon closing my eyes, I realised that I could see the whole room much more clearly, AND I could actually read the text of the book. I read several paragraphs of the book, with my eyes closed, and realised that this was all random stuff my brain was coming up with, but the actual text still made sense to me at the time.

TBjorn. "Slightly Delirious: experience with Scopolamine (hyoscine hydrobromide) (ID 27661)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2007. erowid.org/exp/27661

It's interesting that he was able to simulate seeing with his eyes closed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemesoamerican
Stranger
Male

Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: s240779]
    #16307045 - 05/30/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

cool.. i'll be looking into this.. i'm a lucid dreamer myself but never tried any dream inducers.. so imagine. the possibilities..  :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi. Just want to make friends.

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: mesoamerican]
    #16385946 - 06/15/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

anyone finds Thomas Yushack's book online?

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: Hiei]
    #16386109 - 06/15/12 03:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hiei said:
anyone finds Thomas Yushack's book online?

http://dreamslucid.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/substances_that_facilitate_lucid_dreaming_-_a_case_study.pdf

this one? :shrug:

if this isn't the book you're looking for, just post the name and I'll help look for it, my curiosity is officially piqued

I've honestly never even heard of the guy until just now...

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: LuSiD9]
    #16402428 - 06/19/12 08:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh yeah, I think thats it! ^^__^^

cheers bro

:discorex:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Offlinefuzzyferret
Female

Loc: Adelaide, SA Australia
    #16674311 - 08/09/12 11:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i know what u mean about the lucid dreams... everytime i used to eat the leaves/flowers i'd wke up the next morning, felling really odd and disconected... when i led down and shut my eyes i'd start dreaming lucidly but i was still awake.. its so hard to describe its so freakin weird plus id have no memory of the night before

--------------------
:crazy::mushroom2:hey, space cadet.. eyes like saucers

Offlinemesoamerican
Stranger
Male

Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: fuzzyferret]
    #16739158 - 08/21/12 08:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

that is so bad ass!

--------------------
Hi. Just want to make friends.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? *DELETED* [Re: mesoamerican]
    #16750400 - 08/28/12 07:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by LuSiD9

Reason for deletion: bad influence on teh youngens lookin to get fucked up

Edited by LuSiD9 (08/28/12 07:34 PM)

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #16750722 - 08/28/12 08:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

how do the effects differ based on whether you take the seeds before bed or when you're awake?

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: yogabunny]
    #16768630 - 08/31/12 10:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
how do the effects differ based on whether you take the seeds before bed or when you're awake?

assuming you're asking in regards to the effects on lucid dreaming?...

it might increase the likelihood of becoming lucid within a dream, as opposed to going into a dream lucid, directly from the waking state... or it could very likely just give you more vivid/bizarre dreams than usual...

prolly depends how proficient you are with the technique in the first place (initiating lucid dreams from within the dream state)

I'm pretty sure it would be much easier to wait until you're feeling the effects, then go to bed and induce a W.I.L.D. (wake induced lucid dream) though.

and I've never actually taken them and went to bed before I felt the effects, so I really don't know when it comes down to it :shrug:

now if you were to take a large enough dose for a full blown delerium/solid hallucinations, I have no idea what might occur :lol:... my guess is that you'd probably just wake up once it kicked in, in an even more disoriented state you'd have been if you were awake during the come up... asking for trouble regardless

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (01/22/13 06:00 PM)

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

#16770312 - 09/01/12 09:32 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sounds horrifying to me.

i guess this thread inspired me or something because i had a lucid dream within a dream within a dream within a dream the other night.  each time thinking i was awake until i noticed something off about the gravity or that there was a little blonde girl crawling through the cat door with a small dog. 

:crazy:

--------------------

Offlinecloven.666
Stranger
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: yogabunny]
    #16770582 - 09/01/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

if you take enough, you will be sleeping no matter what. most the effects come in your sleep. the only prob is you may be asleep but still moving around. I've eaten lots of datura back when i used to live in arizona. so i guess to answer the question yes very intense dreams from datura

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: cloven.666]
    #16770618 - 09/01/12 10:50 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

interesting.

im intrigued to experiment with small doses and a sober person present.

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: cloven.666]
    #16777401 - 09/02/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cloven.666 said:
if you take enough, you will be sleeping no matter what. most the effects come in your sleep.

don't know about that.

I can't sleep at all during full on doses, I feel kinda drowsy right at first, but after that I can't sleep no matter how bad I might want to.

and I'm pretty much 100% certain I'm awake when all the effects hit me... other than the dream enhancement... delirious yes, asleep, no.

--------------------

Offlinetheengineer
Stranger
    #17331541 - 12/04/12 08:59 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

2 days ago a friend gave me a specimen of Datura (I believe its inoxia, but won't be able to tell until it flowers again). It came with a bunch of sand all over the stem and leaves, so I spent some time cleaning it off before I realized my fingers were becoming rather sticky with resin. Shortly after I wentto bed. I slept terribly. The next day I felt rather spacey, not unlike half sleeping all day. Had a couple drinks in the afternoon, which seemed to have greater effect than usual. Smoked a couple doobies which seemed to have a much greater effect than usual. Later I started getting quite aroused, sexually. Much more so than usual. I was wondering if all this was a placebo effect or if I was indeed feeling the effects of trace exposure. Everything I was doing seemed to be potentiated. Then I went to sleep. I smoke quite a bit of pot and normally do not dream very often, but had some real interesting dreams bordering on lucid dreaming. Weird characters like a scary old bear-hunting lady in an apocalyptic setting, I was wandering through forests and fields into and out of a couple survival camps...

I've never taken datura before, and certainly don't plan on it any time soon. But all in all, even my trace levels of exposure seemed to have some sub-threshold effect. Even with miniscule doses, yogabunny, I would strongly recommend giving yourself a couple days to recover before you have anything important to do. And of course, make sure to THOROUGHLY research the risks involved with datura. This shit ain't nothing to fuck with.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: Jdub1]
    #17331679 - 12/04/12 09:43 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
I then spent an unknown chunk of time sitting in the chair I was sitting in during the whole thing, trying to fathom how that little inanimate tiger could have fooled me into thinking it was something completely different... I was still pretty delirious at that point and was actually a bit angry at the tiger, I asked it out loud, "why would you do that?" my feelings were actually hurt :sad:... I really figured this fucking stuffed tiger had fun at my expense, by tricking me into thinking it was something else...

lol, I've had a very similar experience on LSD.  Talking to something that wasn't, followed by hurt feelings and feelings of being deceived. :lol:  But hilarity followed soon after when I realized what had actually happened.

and...

Quote:

Jdub1 said:
One time i achieved lucidity on datura goes as follows.

It was 12 odd hours in or so, and i was sleeping on my couch when i noticed i was in the hypnagogia state and i could control my dream. A couple of times i even opened an eye revealing to myself my true location, then close it again and return to my dream. I was teleporting to different places where i live, running a good Samaritan black market robin hood style. I was going around robbing mainstream merchants and giving it to the poor and for some reason i was naked the whole time. (must be some kinky fantacy i have) Eventualy just about every cop in town cought onto me. I was standing naked infront of about 50 policemen at some sort of conference. There was confusion over whether or not i should be punished for what i'd been doing.

I've only dosed less that a full pod on a couple of occasions, so i'd say i'd have taken atleast one pod for that trip.

I've had this same experience on DXM.  Two simultanous consciousness with the ability to go back and fourth by closing and opening my eyes.

It's pretty insane that all these chemicals somehow seem to create similar experience, even though they're altering completely different parts of the brain.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Edited by BothHands (12/04/12 09:56 AM)

InvisibleCrumpet
go sranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: theengineer]
    #17586543 - 01/21/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

awesome.. you didnt even dose and it got your high as... Yes indeed increased sexual arousal is in fact a very strong part of the datura trip when taking a Strong enough dose... Ive never felt as aroused as i have on datura ever in my life, and for this reason alone i consider datura to be a very useful plant... I would not use it just for that though, because the other effects it has are so overpowering... Chances are, after you've had amazing sex you'll pass out for several hours, or just stare into space consistently having hallucinations. Seeing little people transform into insects, insects transform into little people. Ive seen pop rivets transform into little translucent bugs, move a few inches and then transform back into pop rivets...

Maaan, i have to say. the consistency of insects in my datura trips makes it hard to believe they are not real. For sure i believe there are tiny life forms that have evolved techniques for avoiding detection the way these insects seem to have done... They are translucent and its as if you watch they're entire life cycle in a few secons, which perpetually keeps happening... The most amazing part is seeing them moving at super speeds, for something as small as they are they must far exceed the speed any other animal or insect can achieve... well, when i say small, they are very small, but more so it is there translucency that serves as there best source of defence against detection it seems... and im getting my wires a bit crossed here, because i think there are multiple species of insects that become visible under the effects of datura... some are tiny and move super fast, and others pea sized and transform into other things.. sometimes humanoid, sometimes objects.

--------------------
Ronda Nina...

InvisibleAquila chrysaetos
I M P E R I V M

Loc: The Road to Awe
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: deCypher]
    #17586810 - 01/21/13 06:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

To begin, yes, I am informed of the risks of ingesting tropane-bearing nightshades.
I have experimented with small amounts of datura and brugmansia before, as a tool to assist in meditation and also to see the effects that these plants have on dreams. I never noted any lucidity, but the dreams were more vivid than usual and often dark. Once, I experienced multiple false awakenings; I remember I was attempting to text a friend of mine and looking through the fridge for food, only to suddenly find myself back in bed, waking up again and continuing the loop. This probably continued five or six more times.
Very strange stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleCrumpet
go sranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: Crumpet]
    #17586936 - 01/21/13 07:20 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

im gonna make one more post about insects, because this is something that i endeavour to discover and discuss more about i the future im recapping some of my experience.

When i first noticed the insects, i was in my back yard smoking some weed. I saw a trail of them leading from the grass lawn along the pavement and then disappearing. I was a bit concerned abut them as i didnt know what they were and i couldn't avoid them i thought. Even if i left them alone, and did not disturb them they were still on the surface of my body and they would make the hairs on my arm sway like long grass in the wind as they rapidly moved across me... They have similarity's to ants the way they move in file all heading from and too the same destinations.

Now, i opened my jar of cale zacetichichi, and found that they were nesting inside. Although they were in a more mature state of their evolution it seemed. The insects inside my jar of cale were bigger and easier to see, and moved at normal Caterpillar speed. Its pretty far out but it occurred to me that perhaps some symbiotic relationship between cale and these insects exists. and even that these little fellas have psycadelic properties themselves... But thats a bit extreme and i could never know that for sure.

the main reason why this fascinates me is because i dont think these little fellas have been documented by science or even anyone really because knowing about them is unique to the datura trip.

Im gonna stop very this crazy metaphysical rant now with some Terence talk.

Terence's opinions on mushrooms rest upon the experience of five dried grams, not anything written in any book or anything scientific. I feel the same way about what Ive found on datura...

This is quote from the foreword of psilocybi magic mushroom growers guide in which the mushroom speaks through Terence. I think it strengthens my point a bit.. not like i could ever prove it though

"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections that the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal, only the sudden toxification of a planet or the explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider's web but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore-forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and man as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities. Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my development. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millennia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abilities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds all citizens of our starswarm are heir to

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: Datura Dreams... Datura Stramonium as a lucid dream enhancer? [Re: Crumpet]
    #17587040 - 01/21/13 07:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've had some datura inoxia seeds for a while now. I tried chewing and swallowing 4 or 5 before bed a few times and didn't notice anything. I might have to give it another shot after reading this though.

Also, I've taken around half a gram of calea zacatechichi x10 extract mixed with a little hot water before bed on a few occasions and had great results.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder