Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDoomsDayJesus
Singularity

Re: Antichrist [Re: appleorange]
    #8300908 - 04/18/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

appleorange said:
You are making no sense Dooms.

Just rephrase your question again in kindergarten terms, so we have a clear idea as to what you are asking.

There is no need to use words such as ontological, hypothetical, proverbial, etc. We'll understand you better if you come down to our level.

Hmm.. I used "hypothetically" because I didn't want a debate as to if there exists a boogy man or not. I didn't want to find smaller words to dumb it down because I am a lazy man. If this problem persists maybe you should lay off the weed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Antichrist [Re: DoomsDayJesus]
    #8300950 - 04/18/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoomsDayJesus said:
Well from what I have seen here I have the impression most everyone here is coming from the US so whether or not you are coming from the east or west coast it is still morning. If not then pat yourself on the back for being an exception.

Why make a baseless assumption when it isn't necessary? Considering how many people that post in this specific forum that hail from countries such as Canada, Iceland, England, The Netherlands, Germany, Romania, and the other countries of regular posters that I can't place at the moment, its a lousy impression, if it even was (much more likely it was just the result of a common tendency to assume everyone on the Internet is in the same relative location as oneself, quite similar to the perennial "in this country").

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
    #8300966 - 04/18/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoomsDayJesus said:
Logical reasoning to answer the question if there exists a consciousness in the players of prophesy. Without a God's eye point of view can those individuals comprehend their actions. For example it is believed by scholars that Adolph Hitler based much strategy on interpretation of prophesy. It would not be a great leap of faith to say he was conscious of his role in the universe.

Pardon me MushroomTrip but why do you think you have some sort of special knowledge of what is real and what isn't? The postulate for this discussion was to just accept whatever rhetoric is generally associated with the antichrist.

For one, "logical reasoning to answer the question" is not grammatically correct. It's akin to me saying "Checking you know it."

This is partially why people are having a difficult time comprehending your posts.

Yes, all individuals possess consciousness.

One does not need the perspective of god to comprehend their actions.

Adolph hitler did not have a pre-destined role that was foretold in the beginning of time. If he bought into the idea of a destiny and chose to live accordingly to it, he did that out of his own volition.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Re: Antichrist [Re: appleorange]
    #8300972 - 04/18/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Doom.

Please just make your original post into kindergarten terms like I asked earlier. That way everyone can understand what you are trying to ask. There's no need to impress everyone on here with grandiose words taken out of context.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #8301057 - 04/18/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Logical reasoning to answer the question if there exists a consciousness in the players of prophesy.

What's "players of prophesy"?

Quote:

Without a God's eye point of view can those individuals comprehend their actions.

When were individuals able to understand their actions with god's eye?

Quote:

For example it is believed by scholars that Adolph Hitler based much strategy on interpretation of prophesy.

This is just an assumption. Philosophy is not discussed on assumptions.

Quote:

It would not be a great leap of faith to say he was conscious of his role in the universe.

And what was his role in the universe? From whose perspective?

Quote:

Pardon me MushroomTrip but why do you think you have some sort of special knowledge of what is real and what isn't?

From my knowledge, the antichrist is an imaginary character and I don't understand from which point of view you want to have a discussion about it.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineDoomsDayJesus
Singularity

Re: Antichrist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8301085 - 04/18/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't intend to offend with my morning generalization. It was my morning and I deeply sincerely apologize for forcing my morning on your timezone.

To rephrase my original post : I was curious as to the overall awareness of persons who act in according to some kind of predetermination of fate. Questioning whether they have an objective view on their actions relating to the whole of everything. This can be broadened to everyone and everything, but specifically to major player like an Antichrist because they carry considerably more weight( being much larger of significance it might be more apparent).

I am sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier but I am not sure I made it too much better.

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

#8301106 - 04/18/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

To rephrase my original post : I was curious as to the overall awareness of persons who act in according to some kind of predetermination of fate. Questioning whether they have an objective view on their actions relating to the whole of everything. This can be broadened to everyone and everything, but specifically to major player like an Antichrist because they carry considerably more weight( being much larger of significance it might be more apparent).

:lol:

Your question still confuses me a bit, but I'll try to answer it the best I can.

The way I interpret your question is something like this:

"People who act according to their pre-destined fate, do they have an objective outlook on life?"

Personally speaking, I do not see how it would be possible for anyone to have an objective outlook on life. An objective outlook would be to experience absolute reality. Our outlook is subjective/skewed, we can only experience what our perceptions filter in.

OfflineDoomsDayJesus
Singularity

Re: Antichrist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8301107 - 04/18/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"What's "players of prophesy"?" : People said to have a part in some sort of happenings

"When were individuals able to understand their actions with god's eye?" : A prophesy lays out things of the future very generally and broadly, seeing where that player would fit in would grant them a glimpse of a God's eye point of view is they chose to view it.

My Hitler assumption was only there to provide an example, an example of someone accepting certain superstitions. Only to further illustrate what I am saying and not to serve as a point.

"And what was his role in the universe? From whose perspective?" : Only in accordance to what was written down, no absolute. I am not that well versed in it so I can't get into it.

"From my knowledge, the antichrist is an imaginary character and I don't understand from which point of view you want to have a discussion about it." I understand and I am simply playing devil's advocate. While I wish to brush over the actual existence of such a thing I do want to know if such a thing would be aware of what it was and what its purpose was as it could be applied to lesser things.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #8301856 - 04/18/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I this an extremely ridiculous way of asking about self fulfilling prophecies?

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antichrist [Re: learningtofly]
    #8302026 - 04/18/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

everyone can be an antichrist.

:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder