Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Funny. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #829621 - 08/20/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You are right about that, but I have many Native freinds and they say that the abuse the Canadian Natives suffered pales in comparison to what the American Government has done to it's first nations people. In either case it is disgraceful, but that's not the battle I choose to fight.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Funny. [Re: Rono]
    #829746 - 08/20/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

**** have many Native freinds and they say that the abuse the Canadian Natives suffered pales in comparison to what the American Government has done to it's first nations people****

I thought there was a statute of limitations on accusations? The sad thing is it's going on right now.

****but that's not the battle I choose to fight.***

Wait a minute...it's ok to point out all our short-commings but everytime we bring them up it's something you guys don't want to discuss....it's not too far off point since this forum has grown its own legs....you silly canadians are worrying me now...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #829777 - 08/20/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I would be happy to discuss anything about Canada you like...shoot away.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #829904 - 08/20/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"Modern day liberals are emotional retards that have absolutly no thought process that doesn't involve thier emotions....2+2 is whatever you want it to be as long as your self esteem isn't hurt..blah, blah, blah....."

Pros to legalized abortion:

Reduces overpopulation
Reduces neglected, abused, and abandoned children which will become a boon to the state
Allows people live productive lives instead of ending up poor and uneducated due to teenage pregnancy

Cons to legalized abortion:
People are sad because fetuses don't get to be babies.

So uh, who's making decisions based on emotion?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: Rono]
    #829916 - 08/20/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What RailGun means is that Canada isn't tolerant of homophobia. He's a bigot, you see.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #829927 - 08/20/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, there's also lots of things that TV and radio stations in the US can't broadcast because they'll lose their liscense, so don't try and give me that bullshit. You've got the FCC, and we've got the CRTC. The CRTC is way more lax than the FCC. You won't see titties or hear the word "fuck" on american network television any time soon. It's standard fare in Canada.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #829931 - 08/20/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Funny. [Re: Phluck]
    #830295 - 08/20/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So...what's the topic again?

You guys are funny.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: CherryBom]
    #830344 - 08/20/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The topic is absolutely everything. We're arguing all over the friggin' map. I love this thread.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Funny. [Re: Phluck]
    #831218 - 08/20/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****Pros to legalized abortion:

Reduces overpopulation****

so does murder

****Reduces neglected, abused, and abandoned children which will become a boon to the state*****

so does personal responsibility

****Allows people live productive lives instead of ending up poor and uneducated due to teenage pregnancy****

see above response

****Cons to legalized abortion:
People are sad because fetuses don't get to be babies.****

and the moral breakdown in society, lack of personal responsibility, and murder.....i hope you never have kids..if you can that is..your pathetic

****So uh, who's making decisions based on emotion?****

welfare, socialization, political correctness, hate crime legislation, etc. are all based on emotion..and lack of personal reponsibility would fit in the middle of that because it's too hard...lets kill the babies..all cowards

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #831637 - 08/20/02 09:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Are you volunteering to teach irresponsible people (who dont give a fuck about the abortion issue) personal respsonsibility?? If not, who's going to? The point is alot of people aren't responsible enough to do jack shit for their kids. They dont have any personal responsibility to begin with, thats why they have the kids in the first place. This has existed for a long time. The only difference between now and then is the world is becoming vastly over-populated.

If china didnt have its restrictions on babies, the overpopulation would be so phenomenol it would boggle the mind, and the entire country would be a starving third world shit-hole. I know some ultra-right wingers that would welcome that, but those are human beings over there(who gives a shit if they have a different govt) and the govt does what it does for the overall best intrest of the country, so they can at least try to feed their people.

It's the same thing here in the states in a way. Abortions save thousands of unwanted children from bleak hopeless futures. They also are, in a way, proactive measures against crime, violence, future abortions, and basically a repeating cycle of the very thing you are so against. I'm not really sure what i'm trying to say, but i think that saving children from a future of parents that dont care, mixed with poverty and crime is the moral thing to do. You really dont know for sure we're killing a soul, thats speculation basically a cultural paridigm that is learned. It's not even that, its a christian theroy.

I'm not pro-life and i'm not pro-abortion, I just think there are times when abortion is the moral thing to do. I even have a wierd little idea where i think there should be pre-requisettes for abortion, such as if parents come from a low income families(for teen pregnacy and stuff) or if someone has a hard drug habit, if someones mentally incompitent, if a women is raped, etc etc. stuff like that, then they CAN have abortions, because its the moral thing to do. Then on the other hand if its just stupid kids having sex, getting pregnant and not wanting to deal with the consequences, fuck em, they dont qualify. If they get back alley abortions or some shit, they get jail time. Of course that would mean a whole new organization to monitor this crap, and thats another issue entirely.

Actually, now that i think about it, the US is the only industrialized country in the world that considers abortion a moral issue rather than medical. Sooner or later NOT getting an abortion under certain circumstances will be illegal due to over-population issues, so this whole arguement is irrelevant on a larger scale.

*rambles*

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#832132 - 08/21/02 05:00 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"so does personal responsibility"

Sure, but it's impossible to create personal responsibility out of nowhere. It's simply not going to happen. There is absolutely no way in hell you can make people magically be responsible. It won't happen. The only way you could even try would take massive government funded programs... that wouldn't work anyways.

You sound a lot like drug war politicians.
"People should stop using drugs. That's why we have laws against them."

"But the laws don't work, people are still using..."

"They should stop using drugs."

"How do you plan to..."

"They should stop using drugs."

Why exactly do you hope I never have kids? I like kids. I think I'm pretty good with them.

"moral breakdown in society"
What moral breakdown in society? Society is definately not worse off morally now than before. There's actually a psychological quirk, I forget what they call it, but it stems from nostalgic emotions about the past. Almost every old person will feel that the way of life when they were younger was better in almost every way, even if crime and disease have dropped, and they now live in luxury. This results in people constantly complaining about how the moral fabric of society is fading away when in reality nothing is really changing.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Funny. [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #832250 - 08/21/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****Are you volunteering to teach irresponsible people ****

are you? no i'm suggesting ways to discourage this sort of behavior by not accepting it. The way something becomes the norm is by people accepting bad behavior (warning this is not politically correct). I'm not for making abortion illegal because i believe those that do will have to answer to thier own God not mine, however i do feel the need to express my opinion as to how cowardly this is. This is today's reaction to everything "if it's hard, stop it. Humiliation can be a good thing.

****If china didnt have its restrictions on babies****

we're not China so who cares? China has it's own value system..which in my opinion is pathetic.

****and the entire country would be a starving third world shit-hole.****

it's pretty close to that right now

***the govt does what it does for the overall best intrest of the country***

no the government does things for the best interest of the government....it's China after all

****Abortions save thousands of unwanted children from bleak hopeless futures****

by giving them no future? Now that makes sense. My sister was an opps baby, she's now pretty successful but what would her future have been if she was aborted?

****They also are, in a way, proactive measures against crime, violence, future abortions****

this is just absurd. I know people who use abortion as a birth control method....as for crime you're assuming only those with "hard lives" are those that commit crime...profiling?

****I'm not really sure what i'm trying to say, but i think that saving children from a future of parents that dont care, mixed with poverty and crime is the moral thing to do.****

My father left my family when i was around 8 and he couldn't of given two shits about us. Just because a parent doesn't care doesn't mean life is done. I make more money then he does now, i have a stable job and am married living in a nice neighborhood. What if they aborted me because they didn't care? what future would I have?

Moral thing to do? That's warped logic.

****You really dont know for sure we're killing a soul, thats speculation basically a cultural paridigm that is learned. It's not even that, its a christian theroy.****

Just as you don't know if you aren't killing a soul...i'll stick with my assumption thank you...what's wrong with christion logic?

****I even have a wierd little idea where i think there should be pre-requisettes for abortion, such as if parents come from a low income families****

Some of the smartest people in the world came from low-income families...

****or if someone has a hard drug habit, if someones mentally incompitent, if a women is raped,****

this would have to be were i agree with you....

****Then on the other hand if its just stupid kids having sex, getting pregnant and not wanting to deal with the consequences, fuck em, they dont qualify****

doesn't that contradict what you and others have been saying? I agree with you but it's not what's being said.

****Actually, now that i think about it, the US is the only industrialized country in the world that considers abortion a moral issue rather than medical.****

no i think 50% of the people do..not America in general

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #832695 - 08/21/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Trying to change Phluck's opinions by ragging on him everywhere he goes with intentionally arrogant, pseudo-elegant proses is like arguing with a Tree. No matter how much you scream and yell at a tree, it will just stand there looking peaceful.

You'll get through to people a lot more effectively if you show them some respect, rather than turning your nose up in the air with words like "however" and "quite". Those words have their place, but not in giving people the illusion of a well-thought out perspective on any issue.

Phluck would be the last person to be affected by intimidation tactics, subtle or otherwise.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Edited by Ped (08/21/02 09:29 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Funny. [Re: Ped]
    #834101 - 08/21/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****rather than turning your nose up in the air with words like "however" and "quite". Those words have their place, but not in giving people the illusion of a well-thought out perspective on any issue.****

great, now i have to change my grammar because you perceive it to be too "smart"?

i'll trailor park it up for you if it helps...y'all

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom