Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: layzdapipe]
    #8298134 - 04/17/08 08:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Or just use a neighboors address, they aren't going to verify your address.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: layzdapipe]
    #8298153 - 04/17/08 08:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Its basically legal in cali..........of course we are some wierd state or wierd people or sumtin to that effect..............................I love the "I was gunna legalize MJ ,but I got high" comments...
I would think with the way the government is headed ,they would want as many people stoned as possible.
VOTE/ CALL/ WRITE ...DO something,you high bastards ,we need you to get motivated .
Put the cookies and huka down and send a E-mail atleast.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8298209 - 04/17/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For those of you that think decriminalization will never happen, please rethink what you're thinking because it will happen and already is happening.

Just 10 or 15 years ago, no state allowed the legal use of medical marijuana. Now there's what, 10 states at least that allow it (to some degree).

Listen to this: My friend got busted growing weed, lots of it, and now is on probation for 6 years. He wasn't able to smoke for a long time, but then went through the process of getting his medical card. Now, he legally can grow 6-12 plants at a time, posess less than an ounce and smoke without worrying! Oh and the kicker. He can smoke weed while on probation for growing weed! How fuckin backwards is that hahaha! The same judge that convicted him, signed a paper saying he can smoke weed on probation.

This was not possible before medical licenses were available. Also, his friend who has a medical card got pulled over one day, and forgot he had a sac-o-weed in his front pocket LOL. Well, the cop took the weed and license back to his patrol car for a few minutes, came back, gave him his card AND his weed back and sent him on his way.

Without the medical marijuana laws in place in this state, he would've at elast been fined.

If you don't want to be a part of getting pot legalized, fine, but don't say it's impossible. It's clearly possible, and it's clearly going to happen eventually...most likely in my lifetime.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Annapurna1]
    #8298225 - 04/17/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
imagine a stainless steel sphere the size of the earth..and a mosquito landing on it once every million years...after the sphere has been completely eroded away by friction..we will not be one microsecond closer to the day when the penalty for MJ possession is even reduced.. let alone decriminalized...so dont hold your breath waiting to inhale...

how do you figure? 12 states (i think its 12?) have already enacted similar low-priority deals. I mean im not too too hopeful for this particular bill, but i dont tink were THAT far off

anyways. Does anyone know what happes from here? i'm not too gov't savvy. When will it be debated/discussed/ultimately voted on?

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflineNerotik
PersonalityChallenged
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Somewhere between me and ...
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: MOTH]
    #8298265 - 04/17/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I did my part. I live in a state where it's not a big deal and we have medical marijuana. But this would open the door even more. I say go for it, so what if it fails? It's better to try and fail than just give up before you even start.

--------------------
Everywhere I go, I see myself.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Nerotik]
    #8298292 - 04/17/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Fortunately our representative here is Mark Udall and if I remember correctly, he is VERY pro pot, so I think he's doing all he can already.

Edit: I did remember correctly. He's been arreste for pot before. I remember going on his web page and he had a picture of a bong with 12 hoses on it, with 12 people smokin dooooown! What a guy!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Nerotik]
    #8298303 - 04/17/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I want to press send. but i keep picturing a cop at my doorstep as soon as i do it. Its my paranoid side. Im ganna press send and hide my head in my hole.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: maryland
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Kada]
    #8298370 - 04/17/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well I'm doing it, correct address and all. They want this, we want this, so we have to come together pause family guy, grab a blunt, roll it, smoke it, and put America one single step closer to a better, greener utopia........

if your not registered i insist you do it immediately unless certain situations are involved (you know....).
Then take your registered ass TO THE COMPUTER. I'm saying you don't even have to go to the nearest school and shit. use your computer for cying out loud.

as for the paranoid people you have nothing to worry about. Even if they could use the information to rid drugs they would have so many fuckin people they wouldn't even know where to begin. Let alone people already admitting to using another address. So your good. You are in way shape or form saying anything other then i believe marijuana should be decriminalized to a certain extent.

--------------------

OfflineAScannerDarkly
On StrangerTides
Male

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Coaster]
    #8298418 - 04/17/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

Clear example of why not to pass the bill?

--------------------
[quote]Voido said:
[quote]drken said:
Dont get me wrong he is a funny guy, just not a great actor. Smoke some bud and watch the movie, weed helps me pick out shitty acting. [/quote]

no your just stoned. stop smoking pot [/quote]

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: AScannerDarkly]
    #8298462 - 04/17/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AScannerDarkly said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

clear example of misconceptions that will lead to the bill not being passed?

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8298523 - 04/17/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

x2and2makes5 said:
Quote:

AScannerDarkly said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

clear example of misconceptions that will lead to the bill not being passed?

Clear example of Coaster being sarcastic?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: g00ru]
    #8298625 - 04/17/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think it would be great if weed got legalized. I sent my e-mail proper information and everything.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8298686 - 04/17/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fantasylndvictm said:
I think it would be great if weed got legalized. I sent my e-mail proper information and everything.

though I strongly agree, this bill wouldnt legalize, only decriminalize

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8298758 - 04/17/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yea but ur still aloud to posess it and smoke it so that's close enough for me.

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #8298805 - 04/17/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This bill will probably not pass, but in a sense, if everyone takes a part in speaking their minds in this, it helps to get something like this passed in the future.

Which WILL happen!

--------------------

Offlinemikehunt
Stranger

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #8299261 - 04/18/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This is a step in the right direction, but I won't be completely satisfied until the American public can legally cultivate their own and reputable businesses can sell cannabis to adults. Part of the big problem with marijuana is that you never know exactly what you are funding when you purchase that little baggy.

Prohibition has caused a very serious problem. Where do you think gangs and other criminal organizations get funding? Do you think they have part time jobs at Wendy's flipping burgers when they aren't out committing crimes? It wouldn't even be that much of a stretch to think that terrorists would invest in grow operations in order to earn some quick funds. Sure, there may be some growers out there that are simply good people making a product that they enjoy available in return for some monetary compensation. However, they are the minority and there are a huge amount that are in it with sole criminal intent.

Marijuana needs to be legalized and taxed, not so people can get high without fearing consequences (though there is absolutely nothing wrong with this philosophically), but so we can take money out of the hands of the people that are actually damaging our society and are being funded by prohibition.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #8299289 - 04/18/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

When is this going to be up for vote? I didnt see that mentioned anywhere.

Offlinearchetype
Stranger
Male

Loc: Missouri
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: MOTH]
    #8299340 - 04/18/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I read an essay last night that stated that marijuana will never be legal as long as those who use it embrace the stoner airheadedness that comes with cannabis consumption. We all need to come together and realize that our generation is now becoming eligible to vote and if we all take action, we can defeat the ignorant baby boomers that our parents elected into office and congress. Soon we'll be filling the seats of the house and senate, but first we need to exercise our right to vote.

I've already written to my congressman and i'll be calling the office tomorrow. If everyone else who reads this does the same, we might see a change (think about it).

--------------------

All keystrokes performed on this user's account are completely random and are not to be taken seriously.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: archetype]
    #8299484 - 04/18/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'll smoke one to that! :stoned:

Viva la shroomery!

--------------------

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #8299542 - 04/18/08 02:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I searched the U.S. House of Representatives website for this bill, it didn't show up. I also searched a history for representative Barney Frank (supposedly the fella' that presented this) and there was nothing about decriminalizing weed.

Is this a hoax? if anyone has a link to a federal website with this bill, please post it. I think this is a hoax.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom