Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Attention U.S. Voters: Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana! [H.R. 5843]
    #8297700 - 04/17/08 07:13 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Today, a bill to eliminate all federal penalties for marijuana
possession was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Would you please take one minute to ask your representative to support this bill?
MPP’s easy online action system makes it simple — just enter your name and contact
info and they'll do the rest.

"The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008," introduced by
Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.), would eliminate the threat of arrest and prison
for the possession of up to 3.5 ounces of marijuana and/or the not-for-profit transfer
of up to one ounce of marijuana. It would not affect federal laws prohibiting selling
marijuana for profit, importing and exporting marijuana, or cultivating marijuana.  It
also would not affect any state or local laws and regulations.

Because almost all marijuana arrests are made by local and state police, the primary
impact of this federal bill is twofold:  First, it would offer protection to people who are
apprehended with marijuana in federal buildings or on federal land (such as national
parks); and, second, the bill sends a message to state governments that the federal
government is now open to the notion of states reducing their marijuana penalties,
too.

This historic legislation comes 36 years after the National Commission on Marihuana
and Drug Abuse made a similar recommendation to President Richard Nixon,
suggesting that he decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.

MPP has worked closely with Congressman Frank’s staff over the last year, helping to
craft the legislation and build political support for the proposal on Capitol Hill.

Now that the bill has been introduced, members of Congress need to hear from their
constituents who want to see it passed. It takes only a minute or two to use MPP’s
online action system to send a quick note to your member of the House.

Now, take just one moment to [click here]
and send a message to your representative
supporting this new legislation.

If you can spare an additional two minutes, make a phone call!

• You can reach your member of Congress by dialing the U.S. House switchboard
    operator at (202) 225-3121 and asking the operator to connect you to your
    representative (click here to lookup your representative). A staff member or
    intern will take your message and relay it to your representative. You can say:
    My name is [your name] and I am calling from [your town, your state].
    I wanted to ask my representative to please support Barney Frank's
    Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act.

If you believe non-violent marijuana users should stay out of jail...
If you believe the federal government should set precident on this issue...
If you want to do what you can to help make this a reality...

Take action! :tongue2::spliff:

Want to notify friends/family about this but don't want to link the Shroomery?
[Click here to use my semi-formal and informational email notice]

Click here to check the status of this bill.

☻☻☻☻ ···√
Have you (or will you immediately) take action to help federally decriminalize marijuana?
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (04/17/08 06:58 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Edited by geokills (06/12/08 10:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #8297714 - 04/17/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Coaster]
    #8297720 - 04/17/08 07:17 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

This doesn't havea a chance in hell but I'll do my best to help.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Coaster]
    #8297723 - 04/17/08 07:17 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

heres the sparknotes version

click that thing up there. Email representative. Decriminalize marijuana
:yesnod:

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: g00ru]
    #8297729 - 04/17/08 07:19 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
This doesn't havea a chance in hell but I'll do my best to help.

im more curious to see by how much we loose haha

though it is undoubtedly a good first step. I'd be surprised to see it decriminalized in my lifetime :shrug:

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#8297733 - 04/17/08 07:20 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

That pretty much epitomises the Legalise Marijuana movement in two lines. :tongue2:

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8297735 - 04/17/08 07:20 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

They will play the What would little johnny down the road think about it, card...

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #8297739 - 04/17/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
sooo much to read
im to high 4 this

That pretty much epitomises the Legalise Marijuana movement in two lines. :tongue2:

lol yep

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: g00ru]
    #8297740 - 04/17/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Do consider that every call received by your representative on a particular issue is statistically recorded to represent about 10,000 people in the United States population. I'm not completely certain about the exact number but this method of estimating total potential voters does exist.

Your call does matter.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #8297746 - 04/17/08 07:23 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

From CannabisNews.com:
Quote:

Federal Decriminalization Bill Introduced -- Bill Would End Federal Authority to Arrest Adults for Pot Possession
April 17, 2008 - Washington, DC, USA

Washington, DC: US Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) introduced legislation in Congress today to strip the federal government of its authority to arrest responsible adult cannabis consumers. The measure, H.R. 5843, known as an “Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults,” is the first federal decriminalization legislation introduced in 24 years.

“It's time for the politicians to catch up with the public on this [issue],” Frank said. "The notion that you lock people up for smoking marijuana is pretty silly."

Frank's pending bill, co-sponsored by presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), seeks to eliminate all federal penalties prohibiting the personal use and possession of up to 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) of marijuana. Under this measure, adults who consume cannabis would no longer face arrest, prison, or even the threat of a civil fine. The bill also eliminates all penalties for the not-for-profit transfers of up to one ounce of pot.

NORML Legal Counsel Keith Stroup, who worked closely with Frank's staff to draft this legislation, said, "If passed by Congress, this legislation would legalize the possession, use, and non-profit transfer of marijuana by adults for the first time since 1937." The bill incorporates the basic recommendations of the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse (also known as the Shafer Commission).

Currently, twelve states have enacted various versions of marijuana decriminalization, eliminating criminal penalties for minor pot violations. According to federal data, passage of these laws has not subsequently led to increased marijuana use.

“This newly introduced legislation seeks to bring the federal government into line with the over 100 million Americans who currently live in a state or municipality that has already decriminalized cannabis possession,” NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre said today. “This year, the masses in the U.S. celebrating 4/20 really have something to rejoice, and to now lobby for.”

Similar statewide legislation is pending in New Hampshire and Vermont. Additionally, Massachusetts voters will decide on a statewide decriminalization measure this November.

According to a nationwide CNN/Time Magazine poll, more than three-quarters of American adults favor decriminalizing marijuana.

For more information, please contact Keith Stroup, NORML Legal Counsel, at (202) 483-5500. Supporters can write their Representatives in favor of this bill at: http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=11280301&type=CO

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8297750 - 04/17/08 07:24 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

I spammed everybody in my address book with this.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8297756 - 04/17/08 07:25 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

i know it will never happen

but how sick would that be if it passed hahaha :headbang3:

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #8297762 - 04/17/08 07:26 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

I would freak so much. Like, I would just fucking freak the fuck out.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinerazmablues
Biologist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: OrangeCounty
    #8297763 - 04/17/08 07:26 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

sticky this! i'm already telling everyone i know

--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8297767 - 04/17/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
I would freak so much.  Like, I would just fucking freak the fuck out.

:yesnod:

i get all giddy just thinking about it

--------------------

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #8297768 - 04/17/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

It most definitely will happen eventually with the way things are going. I personally don't like the reefer but would like to see it legalized.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8297815 - 04/17/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

They are going to tax the hell out of it....It doesnt say how you can get it. ie growing it or buying it..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Brainiac]
    #8297821 - 04/17/08 07:40 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

They won't tax it if it's decriminalized. And if this passed, cops wouldn't spend time trying to bust growers I bet.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8297822 - 04/17/08 07:40 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

x2and2makes5 said:
i know it will never happen

If you insist...

Seriously though-- it was criminalized on racist and panicked terms in the first half of the 20th Century; by the second half the original framers were dead or dying and no one really understood what they'd inherited and things got seriously out of control.

By now, I'd like to think we know better. Enough people use, have used, or know people that use and think there is a better way.

I think more people should insist on decriminalization-- the time is certainly ripe. Within our lifetimes-- WHY NOT?

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: DeathCompany]
    #8297828 - 04/17/08 07:42 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
It most definitely will happen eventually with the way things are going. I personally don't like the reefer but would like to see it legalized.

Yep! I love contacting my government and telling them what's up. Thanks Geo.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals