Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblexnevermore
? Ω?

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Pat downs
    #704292 - 06/26/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I keep reading that an officer may give you a pat-down "if they suspect a concealed weapon". So if they have no reason to suspect that you have a concealed weapon, they are not allowed to search? If I'm walking down the street, and an officers starts talking to me, is he allowed to give me a pat-down, even if there is no reason to suspect that I've committed a crime?

--------------------
- xnevermore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: Pat downs [Re: xnevermore]
    #704529 - 06/27/02 02:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

if you're walking down the street and LEO sees you. Starts talking to you, then 4 minutes later wants to pat you down. He can.....not technically but he can.

Probably cause always works in favor of the police officer. If you go to court and you say "He didn't have a reason to search me". The cop will think of one. The cop can say you seemed threatening or violent. Blah Blah Blah.....

I mean what do you expect....they're cops

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Pat downs [Re: Lana]
    #704997 - 06/27/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think hes got to have reasonable suspision, also, after you are cited or whatever for reasonable suspcician, and he continues to search,and find something, you are not liable for that, because is illegal search. Every states is different though, and every lawyer.

I just wanted to point that out, lets say you jaywalk, or you are driving, the officer proceeds to give you the ticket, after a ticket gets issued, you are have the right to leave, so if you are detained to be searched etc, then you can get off can court, so I guess that means vice versa, like if he searches you before the ticket is issued, then is legal??? anyways, I was reading through some legal shit, and here you go, more shit.

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Pat downs [Re: nugsarenice]
    #717887 - 07/02/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

one time i had a case of beer in my backpack, walkin down the street with my buddy, and we saw 2 people from our school. we stop to bullshit with them for a minute and the cops pull up in a car. in my mind i was thinking 'oh fuck' but i played it cool. they asked us where the parties were and if we were drinkin. course we said no, but they wanted to see inside out bags. they were still in the car, and before the guy could even get his flashlight i opened up the FRONT pouch on my bag (the 2nd one had the beer) and showed him the contents. a pencil case and some school papers. then the other guy shows him his bag to get his attention away from me. his bag just has his jacket and shit. the cops tell us to have a goodnight and drive-away.

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#719107 - 07/02/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If they wanna search you they can, no problem thinking up a reason. "you fit the description of someone" is good enough probably. Whether you live somewhere where they behave like that is another thing.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #721470 - 07/03/02 09:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

theyre called "terry" stops, after terry v ohio, 1968. (392 us 1)... the snips that establish you can be felt up by a cop for their protection:

"...[W]e cannot blind ourselves to the need for law enforcement officers to protect themselves and other prospective victims of violence in situations where they may lack probable cause for an arrest. When an officer is justified in believing that the individual whose suspicious behavior he is investigating at close range is armed and presently dangerous to the officer or to others, it would appear to be clearly unreasonable to deny the officer the power to take necessary measures to determine whether the person is in fact carrying a weapon and to neutralize the threat of physical harm."

"Our evaluation of the proper balance that has to be struck in this type of case leads us to conclude that there must be a narrowly drawn authority to permit a reasonable search for weapons for the protection of the police officer, where he has reason to believe that he is dealing with an armed and dangerous individual, regardless of whether he has probable cause to arrest the individual for a crime. The officer need not be absolutely certain that the individual is armed; the issue is whether a reasonably prudent man in the circumstances would be warranted in the belief that his safety or that of others was in danger ... And in determining whether the officer acted reasonably in such circumstances, due weight must be given, not to his inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or "hunch," but to the specific reasonable inferences which he is entitled to draw from the facts in light of his experience."

link: http://laws.findlaw.com/us/392/1.html

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Offlinepsyko78626
people arestrange whenyour a stranger
Loc: central Texas
    #726215 - 07/06/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Onetime we were all driving to the park, and there was 3 cop cars blocking a one lane road so we had to turn around. They must have smelled our fear because we were pulled over right down the street for running a stop sign that didn't exist. We all got pulled out searched harrased. As this one big pig was searching me he slid his finger in my asscrack, so i go "Ewww Baby" real load and all his friends saw him with his hands in the cooky jar. He was all like "GET IN THE CAR NOW!" They found my friends pot and charged me for ciggeretes cuz i was "closest to them in the car"

--------------------
"If there weren't no humps, there wouldn't be no gettin over" George Clinton

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #773936 - 07/24/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cops can make up any reason to search you. Look suspicious, fit a description, or whatever, because they're allowed to pat you down for a weapon.

If they're patting you down and feel a small lump in your pocket - a pipe, baggie, whatever - as long as its not weapon-shaped they'll ask you to show it to them. DONT DO IT!!! I know its kinda gross - but make *them* pull it out of your pocket. If they do that you can get away with illegal search most probably because it in no way resembled a weapon. Thats to the best of my knowledge - if I'm wrong correct me.

Anonymous

Re: Pat downs [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #777071 - 07/25/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A lot of them will just lie and say you took it out. Make them do it anyway.

Leaf

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#783437 - 07/29/02 05:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was pulled out of a car that had a driver with no liscence and they patted me down and founds some d. Busted!
My friend got the right to refuse search though...
They never gave me such rights and what I'm basically saying is they do what they want.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #784575 - 07/29/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am in a hurry to get somewhere,
Are you detaining me for any reason? If not i have to go.
-Then you walk away to safety.

If you stop to talk and answer questions then you have basically given all your rights away to the officer.

If the cop starts being a dickhead then say this;
Do you have any specific and articuable facts in order to detain me? If not i am in a hurry and must go now.

Lay that specific and articuable facts shit on them and 9 times out of 10 the cop will quit playing games and let you walk.

Keep shroomin,
Stay outta trouble,
GG

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: Pat downs [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #829651 - 08/20/02 06:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

one time i was fishbowling a car with like 6 people stuffed inthe car, outside in the street, and this cop pulls up behind us. So we all light up cigeratttes and get out, a clud of smoke errupts from the car, but the cop didnt move. I had an eighth of mj on me, so we start walking back to a friends house and the cop is following us. I stuff the bag into my pants, and like 5 min later, he takes a sidestreet pulls in front of us and starts asking questions.
We all tried to act cool but i was the only one talking cause my friends were blasted away, so i was like mumbling and stuff. He decided that it would be best to pat me down. As he did, my bag feel into my pants leg and i moved my leg, the bag fell on the ground. LUCKILY it being like 2 in the morning, the cop didnt see it fall out, so he was like 'ok', so i put my foot over it, and he got back into the car told us to go home, and i grabbed the bag as he was pullig away.
close as hell, too close. and i think he just wanted to touch my ass.

--------------------

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Pat downs [Re: tps]
    #834083 - 08/21/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've had something like that happen to myself........ damn molesting police just want to feel you........

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Pat downs [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #835719 - 08/22/02 10:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

had them fuck with me never got patted down... once they asked to search our car we said no they said they say a baggie in the glove box my friened said he could look it was tylenol,they asked whats that bag on the floor?It was potatoe chips...luckily they did'nt find the 3rd baggie under my leg

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder