Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Calcium Carbonate, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecorporatemunkie
Citizen Dildo
Male

Loc: innerspace
More newb confusion
    #8294672 - 04/17/08 03:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So I am going to be using a rye grow bag that I have injected and colonized. I will place it in a container with small holes in the bottom to give drainage of over saturation.

This container will be atop a layer of perlite lining a larger container, which will have some holes in it along the surface of the perlite to assist in gas/air flow between fanning, and covered with a lid.

I will then cover the colonized rye which I have spread somewhat evenly with a casing layer of peat, vermiculite,chipped oyster shells(skipping lime as it seems scary).

Now assuming this is close to being a viable method to grow my question is now, "Can I add a layer of nutritional compost atop the colonized rye before applying the casing". Or will this lead to contamination and just all around failure?

Can I get the mycelium to spread further or add nutrient base for it to further healthy flushes, without having to do another grow bag after the first ceases to produce quality flushes?

Sorry for any annoyance I am just missing some pieces to the whole the process.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: More newb confusion [Re: corporatemunkie]
    #8295192 - 04/17/08 09:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You can mix in a bulk substrate.

Recipes are in the link below.

http://www.shroomery.org/22/Bulk-Substrates

It's up to you how you want to fruit, you could add the bulk to your bag, let it colonize and in vitro fruit inside the bag or you could mix it into a tub like you said you we're planning, let it colonize, case and do the tub in tub FC setup. perlite humidification with polyfill stuffed holes will do you just fine.

Your good to go but read up on bulk preparation (pasteurization) spawn ratios and casing before you do anything just to be prepared.

Take care.

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: More newb confusion [Re: HybridprX]
    #8296968 - 04/17/08 06:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You should really do some more reading guy, take a look at the cultivation section on the main site.

Btw, you DO NOT want holes at the bottom of the tray that holds your rye. These are not plants, you don't want drainage. You want lots and lots of humidity.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinecorporatemunkie
Citizen Dildo
Male

Re: More newb confusion [Re: Nibin]
    #8297858 - 04/17/08 09:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am so glad you felt like informing me that there is a number of teks on the main site, but seriously go pester someone else. If you do not feel like answering the question save your energy and go kick a dog or something.

Reading a tek is not the same as talking with an actual person. I could read the same thing ten times and not understand it completely.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #8298245 - 04/17/08 10:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Wow.... Nibin and I were answering your question no need to be so hostile.

No, you should not add a layer of nutrients to the colonized rye prior to casing, mix up the compost with the rye as you let it recover then case once fully colonized.

Peat moss is said to require a P.H buffer because of its high acidity, crushed oyster shells are a calcium carbonate if I'm not mistaken so there was no need for lime anyways.

Your casing materials sound good just follow the ratios on the main site do not expect people to just drop them off the top of their head, not everyone uses certain materials others prefer. Anyways, there is your answer.

--------------------

Offlinecorporatemunkie
Citizen Dildo
Male

Re: More newb confusion [Re: HybridprX]
    #8298316 - 04/17/08 11:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I appreciate your info and meant to thank you, sorry. I should have responded to him in my other post where he seemed to me condescending. I have read many articles and grown before, this is just a new method to me, seems everyone is so agro towards new members and questions they dont deem to be amazing.

Frig it, thankyou too Nibin for the info. Sorry if I am on the defensive, but in general you guys all hold your noses up in the air towards newer members.

Edited by corporatemunkie (04/17/08 11:18 PM)

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #8298424 - 04/17/08 11:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

~Corporatemunkie...I know I already mentioned it in another one of your threads but try layering the spawn in between two layers of substrate. I know everyone says to mix it but After I read to layer in a post from RogerRabbit I tried it side by side with two small trays and it really does colonize better. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Calcium Carbonate, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation