Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: The illegality of some psychedelics [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8288233 - 04/15/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, this thread got turned into a heroin thread. I really didn't see that one coming. But I guess a drug is a drug in the eyes of even a lot of people here.

In my opinion, legality doesn't matter when it comes to heroin. Keeping it illegal will not save the junkies life. Making it legal will not give it an aura of respectability.

Burroughs was right; junk replaces every cell in your body with junk. You become junk. Laws are for humans, let the junk have the junk. Not that I know anything about heroin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: The illegality of some psychedelics [Re: fushock]
    #8288331 - 04/15/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said: Making it legal will not give it an aura of respectability.

No, but making it legal will allow people to be able to do what they want with their bodies without having to politely ask the government to be our surrogate parent.

Quote:

"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: The illegality of some psychedelics [Re: deCypher]
    #8288538 - 04/15/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think you misunderstood my above statement. That was not an argument for illegalization. I'm saying heroin will always be a dirty drug, legal or not.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8288571 - 04/15/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i think the internet is causing every1 to do more drugs
cuz they research shit and realize its not so bad
i can see decriminalization in the future

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #8288617 - 04/15/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i've had similar thoughts on the benifits of psychedelic drugs being illegal.

it makes sense, but like some people said, it ruins lives. but on the other hand your life is probably only ruined if you get caught selling large amounts... in which case you're in it for the money and perhaps deserve to get burned, because selling drugs is a whole different game than using.

i don't know, its very hard for me to say.

i know weed should be legalized, just because way too many people do minor home cultivation, that don't deserve to be locked up over nothing.

hmm, i think honestly i would like to see everything legalized EXCEPT psychedelic drugs. having drug use be a criminal and anti-social thing definitely ensures that we only get a certain type of person, a person willing to ignore rules and boundaries, and thats exactly the sort of person who should be given these tools.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinetherapture
Tune Up Your Chips and Circuits
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the southern...
Re: The illegality of some psychedelics [Re: jajapee]
    #8288652 - 04/15/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jajapee said:
The problem we're running into with the "War on Drugs" is the War on Drugs.  Nixon's so-called "cure" to public enemy number one (the war on drugs) in 1970, is the 21 centirues public enemy number one.  Addiction is increasing, treatment isnt being sought after, and addicts/petty users in jails make up almost half of our fucking jail population, which is the largest in the world at over 2 million.  That is just straight up ridiculous and it says something about this fucking war on drugs.  Unfortunately, I believe this "War" will never end.  It will be an on-going "My dick is bigger than yours" contest between the government and users.  Until the United States recognizes that its laws are so politically corrupt, un-truthful, and deceiving we will continue to have addiction sweeping the nation and jails filled with people who got caught buying a dimebag of weed, give me a fucking break.  This country makes me fucking sick with its drug laws.  Sorry, rant over.  :mushroom2:

Hammer + nail = nailed it.

When a non-violent man that has 2 good kids and a wife, pays his taxes, shows up at work faithfully for 20 years, and lives an honest decent life, has to go to PRISON for getting caught with an ounce of smoke on his way home to enjoy it in the privacy of his own home....and now you mix him with VIOLENT killers and rapists, you have MADE a criminal. Many of these non violent types BECOME violent because in a tough prison, it's often the only way to survive.

Now the law has taken a productive member of US society, broken up his family because the income earner is in prison, ruined his life, and now the former non violent man has to perhaps KILL inside prison to survive...what has happened?

The LAW MADE HIM VIOLENT....it's fucking sad. America's "war on drugs" is a farce, motivated by nothing but financial gain. Prisons, especially private ones, NEED inmates to earn money, and the best way to earn money os to fill those prisons up as much as possible.

Tell me a non violent, at home pot smoker belongs in prison right alongside rapists and murderers.....that's right, he doesn't.

If the "war on drugs" was real, alcohol and tobacco should have been first on the fucking list of illegal drugs....

--------------------
There is nothing but the truth...we are born and we die. Tune up your chips and circuits, you're going to live longer! -Electric Universe "Tune Up"

Offlinetherapture
Tune Up Your Chips and Circuits
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the southern...
Re: The illegality of some psychedelics [Re: MindGorilla]
    #8288678 - 04/15/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
Theres nothing more I would love to see then the local 7/11 selling shrooms. But I'm also against the idea of legalization.

Not only do you have your abusers, but the people that try and drive.

This happens already with LEGAL drugs...ever heard of drunk driving? Happens ALOT, and many many people are killed because of it. Pot, mushrooms, lsd, ecstasy, should be legal, period. Laws should still go after people who sell to minors/kids....and go after them hardcore. But a hardworking, taxpaying man, should be able to use those things in the privacy of his own home without fear of going to jail. Make them legal for 21 and over...

Fuck, tobacco and alcohol are far more dangerous to your body than lsd and mushrooms. But they are legal, why? Because the US Govt. makes BILLIONS of dollars in taxes, fees, and fines....don't think the govt. gives a rats ass about dangerous to you, it's all about money.

--------------------
There is nothing but the truth...we are born and we die. Tune up your chips and circuits, you're going to live longer! -Electric Universe "Tune Up"

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#8292579 - 04/16/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:
Wow, this thread got turned into a heroin thread. I really didn't see that one coming. But I guess a drug is a drug in the eyes of even a lot of people here.

What an ignorant thing to say. You're allowed to speak on more than one subject in a thread.

Quote:

In my opinion, legality doesn't matter when it comes to heroin. Keeping it illegal will not save the junkies life. Making it legal will not give it an aura of respectability.

I hope you weren't responding to my argument.

Making heroin legal will replace the 'aura' of defiance with an 'aura' of sickness. It will replace SOME OF the hate with sympathy. Even if we don't save them all, we won't make their situation worse- and sympathy costs the taxpayer less than hate.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8292775 - 04/16/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

as for the war on drug money... what do you think buys them new cars i witnessed it they make a big bust then get all sorts of new stuff. its Gov making money by ripping people off 101 that should be known.

second Seriously go to amsterdam then go to belgium you can get the same qaulity pot for 1/4th or less from someone easy and its illegal there but no one really cares. I love my belgian friends i met them at a bar nice folks very friendly.

as i said the illegality is just money making the true heads of the system dont care about peoples pain and suffering they just want their money

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8293467 - 04/16/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

What an ignorant thing to say. You're allowed to speak on more than one subject in a thread.

I know that. I was simply making an observation. Mellow out, dude.

As far as your statement about heroin users getting sympathy when it becomes legal, I really don't agree with that. The stigma will always be there. But like I say, I don't care one way or another as far as heroin is concerned. Its like one evil force fighting another. Let the junkies and the pushers fight with the war on drugs; maybe they'll take each other down.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck