Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNobitte
Student

Loc: Biosphere
Monday Fungi Foray In NSW, Au.
    #8280100 - 04/13/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I went for a foray today in some subtropical rain-forest- like area and id like you guys to survey my findings, i didn't really pick anything, i was more content to take photos. it was damp and cold enough for the mushies obv, but I'm sure none of the ones i found were active. although some looked oddly familiar. you tell me.

This isn't an edible id request, i can fill you in with more details if you need.

This one looked sort of Sub-ish, but was a bit too red. i saw a couple of these as you will see in the coming photos.

I thought this one looked awful like a sub, it was just a couple of earthy brownish ones growing out of a small piece of wood, i was quite lucky to find it really as it was well hidden.

This is another photo of the same little fungi from a different angle.

Little white people that seemed to be colonizing a large pile of rotting wood, i took this photo because i thought it might show what they looked like separately.

More of them on a different side of the pile. having a party.

Not sure what this is, its a fungus though, and Ive seen them before.

I don't know what these are, but they had a little patch in this clearing that i stumbled upon, i also thought the shiny-ness of the caps was rather pretty, even though it was a bit overcast today. One of these was all minging and black but others looked fresh as you will see.

More of the same.

Again, more of the same.

This one only just caught my eye as i was leaving, i thought it was a nut but at closer inspection, it was fungi, so i took a picture of it as well.

And that be all for today, i did pick a few, but I'm not sure what they are, i will post the spore prints and pictures of those later i suppose. if you could assist in my myco education by telling me what these are i would greatly appreciate this.:crazy2:

Love love love laters
Nobitte

PS. Is it alright to post photos like this in the forums for chu gais and grills to comment on? or should i take my mediocre pics elsewhere? haha.

Edited by Nobitte (01/16/12 04:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomial
Stranger

Re: Monday Fungi Foray In NSW, Au. [Re: Nobitte]
    #8280468 - 04/14/08 12:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The last one looks like on the mushys off the movie shrooms.

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Monday Fungi Foray In NSW, Au. [Re: Shroomial]
    #8280774 - 04/14/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice photos nob, lots of good indicator species there!

The reddish ones are Stropharia aurantiaca. They're a key indicator that Psilocybe subaeuriginosa could be in the area. The spore prints will also be purple, so that's a good reference for what colour a sub print should be. The thicker brown ones aren't subs, subs generally don't grow straight out of wood. The little white ones look like Coprinus truncorum or similar.. they colonize wood and are very fragile - black prints. Not sure what the stange upturned one is, but it could be one of many types of shelf fungi.. The bottom one looks like a little Psathyrella.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineNobitte
Student

Re: Monday Fungi Foray In NSW, Au. [Re: undergrounder]
    #8280870 - 04/14/08 03:24 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you undergrounder!!!

I wasnt really looking for magic so much as i felt like going for a bushwalk, although i think i got off rather easy with the leeches haha. none, one was sitting on my scooter where i had hidden it, but that was about it, hohoho. i guess ill have to keep looking, i havent found anything yet, but perhaps there had not been enough rain haha.

any sort of general sub or wood growing variety hunting tips you can give me? im rather new to this, in return i can promise that ill take more photos and send you fake money?

--------------------
First we must learn...

Then... WE CAN TEACH :weirdeyes:

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8280879 - 04/14/08 03:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ummm tips: look for woodchips that are at least a year or two old (usually grey), follow the strophs and keep heading downhill!

This is a Stroph i found today...

--------------------

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineNobitte
Student

Re: Monday Fungi Foray In NSW, Au. [Re: undergrounder]
    #8289658 - 04/15/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Pretty... not fair, i guess i should go check out some more open aired sclerophyll(sp?) forests, might have some more luck, and less leeches. i got some more good photos the other day, found like 5 or so different species again in the same place, but no subbs. i guess im just not looking in the right places.

cheers 4 assistance.

--------------------
First we must learn...

Then... WE CAN TEACH :weirdeyes:

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

#8289997 - 04/16/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah dry schlerophyll is good, check out local parks and council estates, median strips, dead-end dumping grounds etc. as well.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder