Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

I'm addicted....
    #8264505 - 04/10/08 02:00 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

i can't stop drinking or doing poppy tea.

On Monday i drank then took poppy tea and there was times during that night i was sitting at my computer listening to my music nodding out and i kept stopping breathing, i puked like fuck in the morning, had a very painful headache and i still want more.

I think I'm addicted to using anything that will give me some sort of feeling.

I used to find it easy to control my usage of substances until i started using opiates, now it seems I'm addicted to anything i use, probably cos I'm trying to replace each addiction with a different one.

It fucking sucks, i don't even really like drinking but i keep doing it.

I've lost most of my control.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFelinor
PhilosophicalDreamer
Male

Loc: Down Town China Town
Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8264525 - 04/10/08 02:07 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

go to rehab dawg.

--------------------
The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else! ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: Felinor]
    #8264546 - 04/10/08 02:12 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Take it easy and look inside, find out what feeling you're trying to replace with getting high.

Then realie that the danger you're putting your life in isn't worth it. Life is worth living.

Sign up and enjoy this site, there's lots of cool people willing to help someone like you out or just make ya laugh.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8265048 - 04/10/08 04:19 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

sounds like a worst case scenario. if you're being truthful, I think you should seek out help in person immediately (unless you want to become a statistic).

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: Cameron]
    #8267225 - 04/10/08 11:52 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

'I've lost most of my control.'

Oh man you need to stop using them immediately. I would recommend visiting some other websites (such as the somniforums) or some other opiate addiction website and talk with some people who might be able to help share your experience. If you cannot bring yourself to stop (and you cant get through the withdrawal effects) you should seek help such as rehab, counseling, or group meetings.

If you can stop alone, do it, and endure the episode of withdrawal, and throw that shit away, chop down your poppy plants, cut yourself off from your connection, and from any friends who continue to do the shit.

first things first... Stop using.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #8267240 - 04/10/08 11:55 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

alcohol + opiates are a very, very dangerous combination, especially if you don't know how your body reacts to them together in small amounts. if you keep this up, you will die, i guarantee it

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: demiu5]
    #8267630 - 04/11/08 01:21 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

it's easy, throw or give away the drugs, and fight through it. or if you're heavily addicted have someone taper your doses down.

smoke pot if you'd like/want, and if you don't think you can give up liquor, drink beer.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #8268040 - 04/11/08 03:27 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
it's easy, throw or give away the drugs, and fight through it. or if you're heavily addicted have someone taper your doses down.

smoke pot if you'd like/want, and if you don't think you can give up liquor, drink beer.

Agreed...
I got hooked on oxy's (for like a year)
then stopped and it sucked ass for a week.. but after that week I felt great!!! really great... heh heh

stay away from the opiates.. they are evil when you get addicted... and when you can't find them you try to replace them with anything.. soo.... stay away from the pods.

*Also try to stay as active as possible.. find stuff to do... paint, hike, skate, fish, jog, anything to keep yourself busy.

--------------------
"Where?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #8268286 - 04/11/08 05:50 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

you almost died.
opiate overdoses cause death through stopping your breathing. you were literally a few sips from dying.

you seriously need to get some help, you need to find someone in your life you can tell this to, someone that is CLEAN, and that you can trust to do the right thing, regardless of how much it might 'suck' for you.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Anonymous #1

#8268685 - 04/11/08 09:41 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I've not used opiates since Monday night and the last time i drank was Wednesday, i only had 1.5 beers, (i had 3 left, i split them between my and my friend).

My body hurts a little but nothing i can't handle, I'm not puking and shitting myself or anything.
So it's just a psychological addiction, which can be strong in itself.

I think i can do it, it was a close call, and a wake up call too.

I don't know if i should completely stop drinking but i should stop drinking by myself i think and just drink socially.

I can stop opiates but a few moths later when everything seems OK i end up using again because it seems that I'm safe.
Maybe there is no such thing as moderation with opiates

What do you think?

OfflineRighteous_King
Stranger
    #8268736 - 04/11/08 10:03 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

there is such a thing as moderation with opiates but you must have a clear definition what you are taking them for. Treatment of pain, sleep aid or experiencing another state of mind are justifiable reasons but when the reason is wanting effortless happiness, that is when the problem starts. The addiction is mental as well as physical of course, so having the will power is the main thing that is needed to quit, the rest is just endurance.
If you keep quitting then going back I think the problem will only get worse with time and eventually you will have to fight off some bad withdrawals. Make it clear to yourself that you can gain no benefit from this drug, and never go back to it.
If you need a substitute to help you through, try picking up some kratom, ashwaghanda and passion flower, these helped me lots.

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
    #8268797 - 04/11/08 10:29 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

What is unsettling is that i never knew it could be so easy to die taking opiates, you could pretty much just stop breathing and thats that, you're dead. End of story.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#8270897 - 04/11/08 06:59 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I've not used opiates since Monday night and the last time i drank was Wednesday, i only had 1.5 beers, (i had 3 left, i split them between my and my friend).

My body hurts a little but nothing i can't handle, I'm not puking and shitting myself or anything.
So it's just a psychological addiction, which can be strong in itself.

I think i can do it, it was a close call, and a wake up call too.

I don't know if i should completely stop drinking but i should stop drinking by myself i think and just drink socially.

I can stop opiates but a few moths later when everything seems OK i end up using again because it seems that I'm safe.
Maybe there is no such thing as moderation with opiates

What do you think?

I think thats awesome man. That you've realized a problem that surfaced as a result of drug use and tackled it is a very good sign that you wont have any crazy relapses or anything. Like someone in the last post said, from opiates you've probably gained all you can from them, and at this point they do not help you but in fact cause problems; theres no point to use them anymore. Save opiates for when you may really need them, like if you ever break a leg or endure a painful operation or something.

As far as the drinking, you again seem to pinpoint where the problem begins. Personally, I feel that when a person is drinking alone all the time, it usually is a sign that there may addiction problems. Also if it is necessary that you drink every time you are with friends that may be a problem as well. It sounds like you know man, control is the key. If you can say, fuckit, lets not drink tonight, and you dont start to get super moody or have other signs of withdrawal, you probably have enough control (so long as youre not downing a bottle of suaza when you do choose to drink). Moderate it.

Nice job through the week man. You handled it.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: Righteous_King]
    #8270960 - 04/11/08 07:13 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Righteous_King said:
there is such a thing as moderation with opiates but you must have a clear definition what you are taking them for. Treatment of pain, sleep aid or experiencing another state of mind are justifiable reasons but when the reason is wanting effortless happiness, that is when the problem starts. The addiction is mental as well as physical of course, so having the will power is the main thing that is needed to quit, the rest is just endurance.
If you keep quitting then going back I think the problem will only get worse with time and eventually you will have to fight off some bad withdrawals. Make it clear to yourself that you can gain no benefit from this drug, and never go back to it.
If you need a substitute to help you through, try picking up some kratom, ashwaghanda and passion flower, these helped me lots.

this man speaks the truth. :thumbup:

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #8271722 - 04/11/08 09:52 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I think I'm addicted to using anything that will give me some sort of feeling.

...probably cos I'm trying to replace each addiction with a different one.

It seems, other than physical addication to opiates, that you have an addictive personality. You could use this to your advantage. Why don't you try and replace your negative addictions with positive addictions.

examples of positive addictions:

-non-physically addictive herbal teas: Since you're an opiate addict, I would suggest looking into calming teas (chammomile, kratom, passionflower..)

-exercise: gives you a great body high, gives you lots of physical energy and mental clarity

-eat healthy, well balanced meals

-meditation: can heal your addiction

-accupuncture/accupressure: can also help heal your addiction

-interact with recovering/former opiate addicts

-drink lots of water, take daily multivitamins, try fasting: to help get your body/mind back in balance.

Hope this may have helped a bit, I wish you lots of luck and success, much love.

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: Divinatory]
    #8277751 - 04/13/08 01:18 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

walk into the wild with nothing but sacred teachers in your pocket.

when your habitual thoughts and emotions which correlate with your used pop up, just observe them and know they are not you. You are what is observing the habitual thoughts. Then let the habitual thoughts go. Do this many times throughout the day.
peace and blessings brother. get addicted to the positive stuff. :brucelee:

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8278861 - 04/13/08 06:31 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

find a healthy addiction that gives you a good feeling- like exercise... a long jog gives u a great high because ur body produces natural pain killers/endorphins after so much stress on the body.

man after a 45 min run I feel so high and I love it... They call it "runners high" do a search. I used to be a regular user of a few substances including coke where I would do an eightball at a time to myself... I no longer use anything except weed here and there. replacing your bad habits with good ones is KEY to overcoming this. you can do this.

try kratom I hear it is good for helping treat opiate addictions

ps- dont order any more pods if they arent there u cant make tea

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Edited by grimR (04/13/08 06:42 PM)

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: I'm addicted.... [Re: grimR]
    #8279967 - 04/13/08 10:18 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Do a distilled water fast and restart your bodily functions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf