Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Funny. [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #825784 - 08/18/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hehe
I like that quote.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Funny. [Re: Phluck]
    #826514 - 08/18/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

A hell of a lot more Afghani citizens are dead now than people that were killed in the WTC.

That's been fully debunked. If it's true, please state number and the methodology used to come up with them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: wingnutx]
    #827299 - 08/19/02 04:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If it's been fully debunked, you'd think that it'd be pretty easy for YOU to state some sources.

Here's a decent article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/story/0,1284,648784,00.html

I couldn't find anything backing up your claim. Just under 3,000 people died in the WTC attack was the final tally.

The estimates are all over the map, but the lowest at the time that article was printed which was way back in Feburary, was between 2000 and 3000 afghan citizens, a number which has certainly shot up now.

Fully debunked my ass. Why not back yourself up.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#827308 - 08/19/02 04:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #827373 - 08/19/02 05:10 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****No shit it's called personal responsibility, and I don't know what little dream world you're living in***

the real world...try it someday you might not like it!

**** but where I come from, there's plenty of people who don't have it. That's often why they got pregnant in the first place****

so we shouldn't force people to take responsibility...man you sound like a fucking wussy. I hope you never have kids

****If someone can't handle the responsibility of having children, then why the fuck should we force them to do it?****

The great liberal answer...it's hard so lets kill it. Hell why we're at it why don't we pass out diplomas a universities because it's soo hard...uh wait a minute they are doing that.

****They're just going to make more irresponsible, badly raised, neglected, and abused children.*****

so we should kill the babies then?

****Babies that are aborted haven't even experienced conciousness They don't know that they are alive, they have no knowledge of anything. They exist, and then they don't.*****

and you're a higher being that knows this?

****Wait? The terrorists are the cowards? They're blowing themselves up with their bombs. They don't care one bit for their own lives.****

killing innocents that can't fight back is textbook cowardly acts. Get your head out of the sand my man and realize that any numbnut can blow themselves up..ie palastinian homocide bombers.

****The americans do everything they can to distance themselves from the actual combat*****

would you bring a knife to a gun fight? I can tell that you'd never be in the military..you'd get your ass kicked.

****Sending missles, dropping bombs from planes. You've got pilots who've killed hundreds of people and never had to see a drop of blood. Sounds kinda murderous to me... ****

Sounds like war to me...

****If you're going to tell me all's fair in war, well, it's war for the terrorists too.****

if they were killing military targets then i would have to agree but what strategy is it to blow up a grocery store?

****The US only got hit once, almost a year ago now****

to quote a classic Italian movie "if they put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of thiers in the morgue"...i feel absolutly no pity for them whatsoever.

****A hell of a lot more Afghani citizens are dead now than people that were killed in the WTC.****

"if they put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of thiers in the morgue"...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Funny. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #827442 - 08/19/02 05:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"killing innocents that can't fight back is textbook cowardly acts."

Exactly, stop bombing Afghan civilians then.

"****Babies that are aborted haven't even experienced conciousness They don't know that they are alive, they have no knowledge of anything. They exist, and then they don't.*****

and you're a higher being that knows this?"

Are you telling me you actually think that unborn fetuses are concious of the fact that they are alive? They've never seen anything, they don't understand the concept of sight, they can't possibly know that there are other concious beings out there, they literally receive no outside thoughts.

"if they were killing military targets then i would have to agree but what strategy is it to blow up a grocery store?" The same strategy used in dropping bombs on hospitals and weddings, I believe.

I'm not trying to defend the terrorists. They're a bunch of arrogant, ignorant assholes just like the americans.

Al Qaeda is not every single person in Afghanistan, they're a terrorist organizations scattered across the country. Randomly dropping bombs in cities there is about as fair as ramming airplanes into towers here.

"would you bring a knife to a gun fight? I can tell that you'd never be in the military..you'd get your ass kicked."

Both sides aren't fairly matched here. The terrorists are running head first into populated areas, and blowing themselves up, taking out civilians and themselves at the same time. I know I don't have the courage to do that, you probably don't either. But, I'm sure you probably have the courage to push a button and send a missle into a city, anyone could do that.

"if they put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of thiers in the morgue"

So much for justice...

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #827497 - 08/19/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Fetuses are not babies.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Funny. [Re: CherryBom]
    #827516 - 08/19/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the input

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#827524 - 08/19/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm reminded of another point. It's the woman that has to carry the baby around, and the woman that gets stuck with it if the man takes off and doesn't pay child support. Which happens all the time, and would happen even more if abortion wasn't an option. You say that people should take responsibility for their actions, but the fact is that people simply won't take responsibility for their actions, no matter what you do.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#827526 - 08/19/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****Exactly, stop bombing Afghan civilians then.****

the difference is that we are not targeting civilians no matter how much you useless canadians want to believe

****Are you telling me you actually think that unborn fetuses are concious of the fact that they are alive?****

you brought it up and i'm calling you on it. I believe it has a soul and is a being at conception. Wether it knows it's being murdered or not is not the issue. If i kill a liberal and he has no idea i'm doing it does that make it ok?

****I'm not trying to defend the terrorists. They're a bunch of arrogant, ignorant assholes just like the americans.****

Sure you are. Every other comment you make is a contradiction...as for me being arrogant, or americans in general, you're Canadian who cares what you think...it's not like you contribute much to the world as it is.

****Al Qaeda is not every single person in Afghanistan, they're a terrorist organizations scattered across the country. Randomly dropping bombs in cities there is about as fair as ramming airplanes into towers here.****

we don't have a policy of targeting civilians..they do. So what right?

****Both sides aren't fairly matched here.*****

Never start a match with those that can kick your ass...It's a good lesson to learn.

****The terrorists are running head first into populated areas, and blowing themselves up, taking out civilians and themselves at the same time.***

i.e.: Cowards

****I know I don't have the courage to do that, you probably don't either.****

Those that commit suicide don't have courage they have a screw loose.

**** I'm sure you probably have the courage to push a button and send a missle into a city, anyone could do that.****

Not the corage rather the know how to enact a weapons system where gun fights are fought with guns, not knives.

****So much for justice... ****

Who said we were out for justice? If you don't want to die then don't hurt our people. Seems fair to me.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#827533 - 08/19/02 07:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****It's the woman that has to carry the baby around, and the woman that gets stuck with it if the man takes off and doesn't pay child support. ****

I've always said that the laws governing the support of the women should be enforced and stuck to. Men who leave their kids and refuse to paid child support should be prosecuted. Unfortunatly women aren't ammune to personale responsibility either and the baby wasn't made by just the woman, it is the man's as well.

****Which happens all the time, and would happen even more if abortion wasn't an option.****

if it's tough lets kill it...it seems like there's a pattern in your thought process..hmmmm

****You say that people should take responsibility for their actions, but the fact is that people simply won't take responsibility for their actions, no matter what you do. ****

so you're saying since others that don't take responsibility, murder is the answer?.....why not murder the father and mother and those without personal responsibility will go extinct?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #827597 - 08/19/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

thanks for the input

Not a problem.

I just made a long post that I lost due to technical difficulties. I'll sum it up real quick: Fetuses are not babies. Babies should not be having babies. Crackwhores and alcoholics should not be having babies. People who get all up other peoples highly personal business need a slap.

It will never be a reality for you. Don't pretend it's close to your heart.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#827667 - 08/19/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"the difference is that we are not targeting civilians no matter how much you useless canadians want to believe"

Doesn't matter who you're targeting. It matters who you kill. The road to hell was paved with good intentions.

"Sure you are. Every other comment you make is a contradiction...as for me being arrogant, or americans in general, you're Canadian who cares what you think...it's not like you contribute much to the world as it is."

I didn't mean all americans, just the ones that are involved in blowing up large chunks of other countries.

"Sure you are."

I have said NOTHING to defend terrorists. I think that both sides are equally retarded.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#827681 - 08/19/02 08:23 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Basically what I'm saying is: Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not yet a person. Some say "It has the potential to become a human."

To quote Bill Hicks, "I have wiped entire civilizations off of my chest with a gym sock."

Should we be persecuting women for every period they have? Those are potential babies that were wasted. What about people who use condoms? They're murdering children!

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Funny. [Re: CherryBom]
    #827693 - 08/19/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

***Fetuses are not babies***

that's your opinion...

****Crackwhores and alcoholics should not be having babies.****

agreed...or liberals

****People who get all up other peoples highly personal business need a slap.****

agreed, however it's the mans baby as well....you do know what a man isdon't you?...ignorant people should be slapped as well..just a thought

****It will never be a reality for you. Don't pretend it's close to your heart.****

My heart has nothing to do with it because I take personal responsibility unlike many here. There are consequences for actions taken...you better learn this soon or you "professional" life will become a surprise.

Reality is what's real...not what you perceive it to be

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#827700 - 08/19/02 08:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****Abortion is not murder.****

That's your opinion and i respect it....I think you're wrong but i respect it...lets see to it that your type of people let me express my opinion.

****To quote Bill Hicks, "I have wiped entire civilizations off of my chest with a gym sock."****

touching...off topic but touching nonetheless

****Should we be persecuting women for every period they have?****

Do Not turn this into a womans right debate, it takes two to tango.....should men be prosectuted because they can't actually birth the children?

****Those are potential babies that were wasted*****

WRONG...without the man the egg is just that...an egg....and whatever happens to fall on your chest (yours or someoneeleses) is just that..sperm

****They're murdering children! ****

see above example

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (08/19/02 08:33 AM)

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #827727 - 08/19/02 08:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

whoa dude, you really hate liberals. Would you define what a liberal is in your mind, without all the sarcasm?

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#827777 - 08/19/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

http://www3.iptv.org/exploremore/ge/what/clone.cfm

You don't even need any sperm!

"Do Not turn this into a womans right debate, it takes two to tango.....should men be prosectuted because they can't actually birth the children?"

I'm not trying to turn it into a women's rights debate at all. I'm pointing out that eggs are potential babies that are wasted.

Using a condom is DEFINATELY preventing a potential child from being born. That's what they were invented for.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#827783 - 08/19/02 09:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The story you cite is ultimately based on the estimation of Professor Marc Herold of the University of New Hampshire, which in turn was largely based on report of the Associated Islamic Press, owned and operated by the Taliban.

That, however, is not the only problem with Professor Herold?s analysis. His count suffers from numerous other inaccuracies such as:

Double-counting. A cluster bomb incident in Shekar Qala, near Heart, killed 8 people plus one who later picked up an unexploded bomb. Herold seems to count this twice, on both Oct. 22 and Oct. 25. The deaths of Gul Ahmed, his wife, six children and his neighbor?s two children seem to be counted three times each (twice on the same day). There are several other examples.

Confusion of status. Herold counts as civilians at least eight Afghans slain in Landi Khiel near Tora Bora on Dec. 2. The reports make clear, however, that these were allied mujah?addin, who should not be included in a tally of civilian casualties, even if they were killed by mistake. There are also several examples of people claimed to have been killed in attacks in what were almost certainly legitimate targets, such as the compound of Mullah Omar or a Taliban-controlled power station.
Simple innacuracy. Mohammed Pardis is listed as having been killed on Oct. 17. The Chicago Tribune article cited in support, however, actually quotes Pardis saying his house was destroyed that day. There are other, similar mistakes throughout the report.

Professor Herold?s data selection and treatment are therefore both open to question. A STATS review of the data suggests that, on a careful reading, only 650 of the deaths he claims are in any way reliably reported. Giving the benefit of the doubt in some cases, such as those where western reporters were told that more people had been killed than they saw graves, raises the total to about 1100.

These numbers fit very well with two more circumspect reviews announced recently. The Associated Press (ibid) have examined hospital records, visited sites and interviewed eyewitnesses and have come up with an initial estimate ?in the mid-hundreds,? although they consider it likely that that figure will rise. Carl Conetta, of the Massachusetts based Project on Defense Alternatives, performed a similar press review to Professor Herold, but deliberately kept to reputable sources, and estimates between 1000 and 1300 civilian casualties. These numbers seem much more soundly based than the Herold figures.

Invisiblewingnutx

#827814 - 08/19/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

On a related subject, the UNHCR (UN Refugee Agancy) has put the number of returned refugees so far at 1.5 million, and predicts an additional 3 million next year. These are people that were forced to flee the Taliban to preserve both their lives and freedom. They are now free to return home in relative safety.

As far as your assertion that we were 'randomly bombing' anyone, that is just silly. The US military kills people the most efficient way possible, and that's with deliberately targeted strikes. It doesn't always work, but it does the vast majority of the time. Even the UN and Amnesty International have made statements that the civilian casualties are much lower than expected. Compare this with something like Normandy in 1944.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom