Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
treasure coast ok strain?
    #824312 - 08/17/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

my friend is trying to grow some shrooms for the first time..... his jars are about 75% colonized, no signs of contams yet.....well, possibly in 2 of them, hes not sure yet......but he is using both the treasure coast strain and the mazatapec strain... hes wondering if there is anything about these strains that he should know...are they ok for beginners, or is he over his head? is there a special way that these guys like to grow? temps? does he need to dunk, or cold shock? or is he just rambling on about nothin.....should he just shut up and let them do their thing and stop with all the what ifs?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
Re: treasure coast ok strain? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #824361 - 08/17/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thing about mushrooms is... patience.
tons of it
but the questions that you have would be answered if you look into it enough.
so keep looking.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: treasure coast ok strain? [Re: girlskater]
    #824375 - 08/17/02 05:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

where should i be looking.... i ran a search here and after 30 min i gave up....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineMahakala
Monk

#824735 - 08/17/02 11:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Look in the Grow/Find section of this site. All the answers are there..

Offlineentheo_smurf
journeyman
Re: treasure coast ok strain? [Re: Mahakala]
    #824760 - 08/18/02 12:11 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You'll be just fine I think. All cube are pretty much the same. They all consume the same food sources and have about the same potency. All contaminated jars should be disposed of. Eating something contaminated or that has consumed contams is very dangerous. Could make you very sickor worse. If you think its contaminated throw it out!!

Once your jars are colonized, I would spawn shit if you have access to some good ol dried shit. The free stuff is best. Buying from a store is questionable as mosted of their stuff in completely composted or close to it, so you will have sketchy yeilds. Find old dried up shit. The kind that doesn't stink, just smells like dirt. Pasturize it. You'll be happy with the results, whether you choose to case it or not.

If you are feeling zealous about your first attempt, you could then spawn some pastuerized straw. Cased or uncased this will give you the best yeilds that I have seen. Just something to do is put foil in your bin and punch holes in the bottom of the foil. I hear that water on the bottom can lead to contams. Then you can just tip it a bit every so often to drain the fluid.

Best of luck to you

entheo

--------------------
This is for the sole purpose of information only. Not intended for use in the actual manufacture of known drugs.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: treasure coast ok strain? [Re: entheo_smurf]
    #826998 - 08/18/02 11:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Not all cubensis are born equal.
Millet give the best yields ive encountered of any substrate for cubensis - bulk or otherwise

--------------------

Offlinegoldtop
Wild Spore

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #829395 - 08/20/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe it's just me, but I think all CUB strains are pretty much the same.

I mean, sure, some grow a bit faster and others grow a bit bigger. But the 3 strains that my fairy godmother grew were all pretty much alike.

--------------------
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: treasure coast ok strain? [Re: goldtop]
    #849660 - 08/28/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No way, cubes can be VERY different. Treasure Coast and Maza are quite different for example. Sure the growing parameters are the same but the results are not. I like the Treasure Coast, fast hardy and big, but the mazas are a nicer trip.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale