Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
ahhhhh....cramp!!! my leg!!!....ow, cramp!!!
    #825108 - 08/18/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone else get horibble cramps with shrooms? does any one know why they make you cramp up sometimes?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: ahhhhh....cramp!!! my leg!!!....ow, cramp!!! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #825444 - 08/18/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

not usually. I seam to get a lot of muscle tension on lsd tho and with psychadelics in general.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

#826935 - 08/18/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think its your brain making your muscles cramp in anticipation and during euphoria? Perhaps..

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #826957 - 08/18/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A muscle cramp, technically, occurs when your muscle tightens and shortens causing a sudden severe pain. Muscle cramps generally result from overexertion and dehydration. When you don't have enough fluid in your system, it leads to an electrolyte imbalance that causes your muscles to cramp up. Electrolytes are minerals such as sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium that help the cells to function normally. An imbalance occurs when we have too much or too little of one or more electrolytes in our system. The main electrolytes affecting muscle cramping are potassium, sodium and calcium.

Cramps may also occur after inactivity, such as sitting too long in one place without moving a muscle. Sometimes you can even get a cramp when you're just lying in bed, though researchers cannot define a cause.

Most often people get cramps in their calves, however, you can also get them in your thighs, feet or just about any muscle. Cramps can be eased by a few simple methods. First, relax the tightened area. You should gently massaging the area that's cramped, whether it's a crick in your calf from over exercising or a spasm in your feet. Second, stretch the muscle out slowly and gently, as long as you don't feel pain. For calf cramps, do a wall stretch. Stand about three feet away from the wall, with your knees straight and your heels on the floor. Lean into the wall, supporting yourself with your hands. You will feel the stretch of your calf muscles. Hold for 60 seconds and repeat three times.

You should also make sure to drink plenty of fluids. If you get muscle cramps after exercise, drink water or a sports drink or juice to rehydrate and restore your electrolyte balance. Most of the time water will be sufficient to rehydrate you, however, you are then better off choosing a sports drink containing electrolytes.

You may also undo a cramp with ice. Ice is both a pain reliever and an anti-inflammatory. Try massaging the area with ice for no more than ten minutes or until the area is bright red, which indicates that blood cells have returned to heat the cramped muscle. If ice is too uncomfortable, try heat. Heat improves superficial blood circulation and makes muscles more flexible, so some people find that heat is more soothing for muscle cramps than ice. Try a heating pad for 20 minutes at a time or even a warm shower or bath. Make sure to massage the muscle with your hands following ice or heat.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinekebunk
Re: ahhhhh....cramp!!! my leg!!!....ow, cramp!!! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #827590 - 08/19/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

When I first started to take shrooms I would get cramps in my groin area but they stopped happening after a few trips. The weird thing is I only noticed it when i would walk when i was sitting it wouldn't bother me.

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #827685 - 08/19/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i get stiff too when i shroom. i think its from not drinking enough water when i trip and not eating anything for hours while doing it too.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #827859 - 08/19/02 09:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

different peoples bodies react differently to different substances.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
    #831347 - 08/20/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I get alot of (uncomfortable) muscle tension all throughout my torso many times. My back stiffens up also causing me to sit or lie in weird positions in order to be comfortable. These things usually disappear after the first 90 minutes or so of each trip, but I can pretty much count on it happening every time.
Does anyone ever experience twitching legs or other muscles while tripping? I do and it is really weird. They are not exactly what would call "spasms" or cramps, but they are not totally voluntary movements either. It is really weird, but it is somewhere between being totally voluntary and totally involuntary. That is the best I can describe it. I hope this isn't too weird or a sign of anything wrong. It doesn't really feel bad or good, but it sems to happen every time I trip beyond level 2.

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

OfflinePurple_Voyage
Mind Explorer

Loc: UK
    #835514 - 08/22/02 08:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, I get cramp aswell, in my legs. My left arm sometimes turns numb aswell, although it doesn't seem to be happening as much as it used to. Crazy shit!

--------------------

Offlinecaptainm424
Expand or Collapse
Male

? [Re: Purple_Voyage]
    #10800032 - 08/04/09 04:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

?

--------------------

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10945064
Our secrets to free things

Edited by captainm424 (08/06/09 09:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order