Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegordita
Stranger
Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain?
    #4905880 - 11/07/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Just curious if anybody out there has had any luck getting the nepal chitwan strain to fruit. I got a syringe early this last summer and have been attempting to grow them since. I have no trouble getting PF jars or WBS to colonize completely, but neither PF cakes, PF cakes cased with 50/50 verm/peat, or WBS cased 50/50 verm/peat have fruited successfully.

As a side note, I have Brazilians growing in the same chamber...so the conditions should be close if not alright for nepal fruiting. Anybody have any suggestions, growing parameters or experience with this strain? just curious....

thanks
gordita

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain? [Re: gordita]
    #4906127 - 11/07/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what are the symptoms?

just stalls?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinegordita
Stranger
Re: Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain? [Re: afoaf]
    #4907516 - 11/07/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Right now, I have a few NC pf cakes in my terrarium, along with some brazillian pf cakes. The NC cakes are fully colonized, and appear to be forming hyphal knots. however, i have never gotten them to actully form pins.

I have dropped the temp to try to initiate pinning...that hasn't worked. The brazilian cakes were treated exactly the same, at the same time, as the NC cakes and are fruiting currently, however there is no sign of the NC cakes beginning to fruit.

In the past, after sitting in the fruiting chamber for a long period of time, The NC cakes are overcome by a slimy looking brown contam. The brazilians, even in the same growing chamber, have not had a contam problem.

OfflineChapa888
Stranger

#8266106 - 04/10/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

if there not growing at all the spores were bad....but my Nepal's were done in ten days at 70-80 degree variance .....drop the temp.....or just keep it changing ....i have found i use a cabinet that goes from 70-85....and all my strains just keep moving.....i used to try to keep 82 but i found thats crap......nature grows best ...and when have you seen constant temp in nature!!!!!!!

OfflineChapa888
Stranger

#8266128 - 04/10/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Brazilian is a south American equator strain....no temp change needed.....Nepal is in the mountains.....put your cakes in the fridge for about 8 hours.....i have one i didn't do that to...and one i did.....the one i did fruited before the one i didn't ....also use some verm.....they love to grown in the casing......straight cakes wont work as well....i have mine just siting on a pine not even cased but all pins came from the verm.....

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain? [Re: Chapa888]
    #8266148 - 04/10/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The change in temp is not needed and it don't need a cold shock its a cube.

It probably needs a dunk and roll or up the moister in your grow chamber.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain? [Re: Chapa888]
    #8266224 - 04/10/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chapa888 said:
Brazilian is a south American equator strain....no temp change needed.....Nepal is in the mountains.....put your cakes in the fridge for about 8 hours.....

Load of rubbish. The whole strain concept is a vendor hype. They are all cubes and require the same growing parameters.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting Nepal Chitwan Strain? [Re: Nibin]
    #8267040 - 04/10/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

also use some verm.....they love to grown in the casing......straight cakes wont work as well....i have mine just siting on a pine not even cased but all pins came from the verm.....

The Verm is insly needed to provide moisture, which is beneficial for the mushroom.
Though Dunking and rolling is advised for cakes to increase the yield, straight cakes also work, without a problem.

@Chapa888: Do us a favor and read! Spreading information you picked up from other people who don't have clue of what they are talking about is pretty fucked up, since anyone who's new to mushroom cultivation takes you at the word and learns wrong things about it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules