Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineParadoxical
Stranger

(For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time?
    #8255432 - 04/08/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

A few questions for those of you who done mushrooms for a long period of time, or, at least, have had many trips:

• What happens as far as dosage goes? Do you climb until you reach an optimal level then stay there? Do you need more and more over time? Do you go too high, scare yourself then back off to something lighter? Mix it up for fun? Something else?
  • Does it become easier to deal with higher doses? Do "bad trips" become less frequent, easier to see coming and avert?
  • Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?
  • Anything you would like share about how experiences change over time? (And for the old timers, how they change as you get older.)

Thanks!

Edited by Paradoxical (04/08/08 01:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

Re: (For Veterans) How Do Experiences Can Over Time? [Re: Paradoxical]
    #8255466 - 04/08/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For me, dosage... As long as doses are far enough apart to avoid tolerance... Basically I become more sensitive to the effects, and get a lot more out of less, but have no problems taking high doses.

You learn that bad trips aren't real, only mass misunderstanding by yourself.

It never gets boring.

The more you do it, the farther down the hole you go. A lot of people aren't supposed to go way down here, things get TOO REAL. You'll start to think you have seen and thought things that whatever creator you may or may not believe in DID NOT WANT YOU TO THINK. Atleast that's how you'll feel at first.

This is how the experience changes anyway.

It no longer becomes a few hours of reflecting-on-myself-and-my-life. It becomes a mathematical plethora of scientific contemplation of absolute existence itself.

How am I here?

How are you here?

Who the fuck are you anyway?

Who the fuck am I?

What the fuck am I?

How exactly is it possible for me to reach out my hand and pick up a glass of water?

Fuck anything society and people define after the fact, what is really going on here?

What is fucking REAL?

A lot of people don't want to think about this. Can't blame them.

Be careful, brother!

Edited by Ell Ess Bree (04/08/08 03:00 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (For Veterans) How Do Experiences Can Over Time? [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #8255938 - 04/08/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Q. What happens as far as dosage goes? Do you climb until you reach an optimal level then stay there? Do you need more and more over time? Do you go too high, scare yourself then back off to something lighter? Mix it up for fun? Something else?

A. you learn to grow up and not take drugs to get high...

Q. Does it become easier to deal with higher doses? Do "bad trips" become less frequent, easier to see coming and avert?

A.its nolonger about that.

Q.Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?

A. are you a boring person and disatisfied with life?

Anything you would like share about how experiences change over time? (And for the old timers, how they change as you get older.)

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: (For Veterans) How Do Experiences Can Over Time? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8256211 - 04/08/08 05:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

* What happens as far as dosage goes? Do you climb until you reach an optimal level then stay there? Do you need more and more over time? Do you go too high, scare yourself then back off to something lighter? Mix it up for fun? Something else?
I have found a dosage that works for me

* Does it become easier to deal with higher doses? Do "bad trips" become less frequent, easier to see coming and avert?
Never really have bad trips, some more difficult then others

* Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?
Not at all, every trip is different

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (For Veterans) How Do Experiences Can Over Time? [Re: clemens]
    #8256360 - 04/08/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol similar to what i said. tho silly big doses dont bother me

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleEll Ess Bree

Re: (For Veterans) How Do Experiences Can Over Time? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8256368 - 04/08/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I kinda thought thedood would be able to throw out a little more wisdom than that... but it's all good cause it was really funny.

"A. you learn to grow up and not take drugs to get high..."  lulz

"Q.Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?

A. are you a boring person and disatisfied with life?"

:lolz0rz:

Edited by Ell Ess Bree (04/08/08 10:31 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: Paradoxical]
    #8256426 - 04/08/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For me dose level has lowered considerably as I continue to experiment with small doses and achieve many of the same effects I can from large dosing.

Large doses always cause some very strange things to happen, don't take a large dose if you aren't ready for very strange things to happen.

Hmmm... That one depends, I have been caught in loops of monotony and unchanging oneness, but it is magical and ancient, boring would be the last word to describe it. But ultimately life continues to change no matter how you are affected by the magical parlor that is psychedelics. And psychedelics are all about life, specifically your life.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: mecreateme]
    #8257125 - 04/08/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well my first dosage was 2g, had a couple more trips like that and then tried 7g. That was about 7 years ago, and 7g is still my favourite dose. I've experimented with higher and lower but everyone's different and will have their own desired doses.

syrian rue definetly opened another door.

As for bad trips, it only happens when I shoot myself in the foot, and I never blame the mushrooms only myself. Although when I find myself going through darkness I can usually pull myself out. The only bad trips I really have is not getting the desired effects. Mind fucks are easy to overcome with experience.

Basically you can shroom all you want, and it will get boring. you have to make it special, put lots of thought and effort into your trips for them to be meaningful.

I dont consider myself "old" since I am only 22. But I do have 2 kids and a lengthy psychedelic history. I feel it definetly changes with time, mushrooms are very sacred to me now and I dont have the time to trip like I used to, but when I do it makes it all the better.

Sometimes I have even been scared to take psychedelics again, after a long peroid of time(6 months or longer) I often debate to myself whether I need to use again or not, and wonder about what dose to take, because a comfort zone on psychedelics is key to a succesful trip.

I've had the best of trips, the worst of trips, but no matter what, I will always shroom on.:mushroom2:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: mecreateme]
    #8257154 - 04/08/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Large doses always cause some very strange things to happen, don't take a large dose if you aren't ready for very strange things to happen.

^ yes very true. Going into a deep psychedelic state definitely makes things fucked up from people, technology, and material goods. 

no one ever believes you anyways, because your "on mushrooms" :rolleyes:

The universe pays attention when someone is really really high.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (04/08/08 08:34 PM)

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: Paradoxical]
    #8257684 - 04/08/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradoxical said:
A few questions for those of you who done mushrooms for a long period of time, or, at least, have had many trips:

• What happens as far as dosage goes? Do you climb until you reach an optimal level then stay there? Do you need more and more over time? Do you go too high, scare yourself then back off to something lighter? Mix it up for fun? Something else?
  • Does it become easier to deal with higher doses? Do "bad trips" become less frequent, easier to see coming and avert?
  • Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?
  • Anything you would like share about how experiences change over time? (And for the old timers, how they change as you get older.)

Thanks!

For me:

my dosage has remained constant, but I did way too high doses back when I started. I think its safe to say dosage may increase, but not nearly in the same way as, say, weed.

I don't really have bad trips any more, ever. I would only have a bad trip if I did WAY too much or if circumstances were just really bad, and I would never trip in a situation like that anyways.

Naw, it's never gotten boring for me. If it's getting boring, stop for a long while.

I'm not really an old timer, but over time each experience seems to consolidate the "mind blowing" knowledge I learned during my early trips. They aren't as individually educational, but they do serve to give my brain a good reset, so I still benefit from the experience.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #8257917 - 04/08/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

-I have consistently been able to go "further" off of smaller doses as I have more experience with psychedelics.

-Any of my trips can go in any direction but in the end I appreciate them all. If you accept everything without resistance you wont have negative reactions to some realizations.

-Anything overly repetitive can become boring. Don't make the mistake of taking psychedelics on a weekly basis and you wont have that problem.

-My trips in high school were all about fun and visuals and it seems like I had few, if any, profound realizations. It just became so much more serious and I no longer look at psychedelics as interesting entertainment for an evening. I know every time I take them I'm in for a ride. I only approach them with respect now.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: sandman_130]
    #8258022 - 04/08/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
Quote:

mecreateme said:

^ yes very true. Going into a deep psychedelic state definitely makes things fucked up from people, technology, and material goods. 

no one ever believes you anyways, because your "on mushrooms" :rolleyes:

The universe pays attention when someone is really really high.

vibe preception lol.

shit will get really strange really quick and you wont be on drugs but people will want to buy the drugs your on...

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8258114 - 04/08/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

They change alot for me.
Ever evolving, and I liked ellessbre's post.
There is no telling where it will take you.

I dont post "big" here anymore for a variety of reasons.
It all gets a bit or alot more complex, and for most people actually.

I feel that a pretty abstract song might say something.

&NR=1

Keep on finding shit that you value, and hopefully do so comfortably until you take a big break from the mind-style.
Challenge the mind-style/self if you must, but just know how these states of mind tend to exponentiate themselves into bigger, better and seemingly crazier things that hell, you might not want to be a part of until you are there and cant do much about it.

It grows buddy.
There is no doubt about it.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleEll Ess Bree

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: yageman]
    #8258132 - 04/08/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yageman, I have not seen one of your posts in a WHILE.

And that sucks.

But of course, can't blame you.

Your writing and words and ideas and the way you order them are nice.

BRING THEM BACK, DAMMIT!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #8258281 - 04/09/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Your conscious mind is a fractal, and if you dont use all the parts you loose those parts over time(to some degree anyways).

Otherwise, sandwich the parts and it just gets bigger and better.

I have not met anyone who doesnt agree with this.

Its a scientific fact basically.

The goal is to add upon some sort of axiom, or the seed of a metaphorical fractal(but inherently and certainly a fractal for yall sciency folks).

Time is a bitch.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/09/08 12:40 AM)

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: yageman]
    #8258662 - 04/09/08 05:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

In terms of dosage, after building up dosages over a period of time I've pushed it about as far as I want to go - 10g which took me to the limit of sanity, beyond and back - too uncomfortable to do all the time, glad I did though. I now reign my dosage in at about 5-7g which is a heavy dosage, but one where I reach the level I want, one which is familiar but still brings surprises.

Higher doses do become easier in a way - it's more that you learn how to atune yourself to the state of mind, to let go into the experience and flow with the energy. I don't think of trips as good or bad, as the rollercoaster that the experience brings tumbles throughout the entire emotional pallette. I long ago learnt that to simply accept everything in a trip is the way to creating a clear path through even the most difficult of experiences.

It only become boring if you do exactly the same things each time you trip. I always approach each trip differently, I try to really push myself to approach each experience in a novel way - different music, location, stimulus, packing (packing is very important, reading spiritual books, listening to McKenna lectures, going round art galleries, reading art books - all are recommended).

Over time I've found that the onset has become so easy to negotiate that it feels like a fluid transition. I've learned to trust my intuition and follow the path through thought processes that I am being lead through rather than resisting. I can also direct the trip, to a certain extent (although generally I prefer to let the mushrooms lead the way).

The main thing I've found, especially recently, is that I now appreciate and savour every trip. I take time to really take in the small details. I also spend a fair amount of time contemplating the trip afterwards, writing several drafts of a trip report is part of the experience itself.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #8258758 - 04/09/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

# What happens as far as dosage goes? Do you climb until you reach an optimal level then stay there? Do you need more and more over time? Do you go too high, scare yourself then back off to something lighter? Mix it up for fun? Something else?
-----------------------------------
I now have a better understanding of where what type of dose takes me. For mushrooms, I find I need 'less' seems to take me further. As you get use to the mushroom headset your able to navigate your self to deeper places without the need of a high dose to force you there.

I still do a mix of low or high doses depending on set / setting / etc. But, generally - I seem to dose on the lower end compared to what I used to.

# Does it become easier to deal with higher doses? Do "bad trips" become less frequent, easier to see coming and avert?
---------------------------
It becomes easier to deal with higher doses the more often you do them. Personally, I dont believe in bad trips - but in difficult experiences. I've found that the longer I've used mushrooms, the more 'serious' more trips are, and the more likely they are to dip into 'difficult' territory. I dont consider these bad trips, as I gain allot of insight out of them. But, the ability to do them 'purely for recreational / laughs / etc' isn't quite what it used to be.

I can still do them for a recreational time - but usually mixed in with that is some heavy-handed headspace that throws a few issues from my life into my face in a way that I cant avoid them for a bit.

# Does it all become boring, same ole same ole after a while?
----------------------
This depends on what your looking for out of the trip. For me - they havn't become boring.

# Anything you would like share about how experiences change over time? (And for the old timers, how they change as you get older.)
-------------------------

I've found that as my experience with psychedelics has increased, it's less about "getting out of my head and feeling blasted" but more about "getting something out of the trip" - even when my intents to trip are more recreational in intents, I end up spending quite a bit of time in more introspective moments.

Your ability to handle the doses / etc gets better also. While my first few trips were just sort of feeling blasted / overwhelmed by psychedelia, as your expierence increases - you sort of navigate that space better. Instead of doing a dose and feeling like you cant do anything but 'lay there and take it', you can handle it and have more control over things to some extent.

It's sort of like listening to your favorite CD over and over and over. The first time you listen to it, you hear all of the 'obvious' elements. The more you listen to it, and the more you tune your ear into it - you start to notice more subtle elements and changes that were not more immediately obvious.

Invisiblewilgi
Stranger
Male

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: kaniz]
    #8259033 - 04/09/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

sometimes it just matters how long you wait between trips, its always really hard for me to tell, because if i go six months, then i think i just havent waited long enough, and i havent yet to wait a year :smile:

dosage: i used to really climb up the scale, but now i will probally hang around a quarter ounce on my next trip, i started working up years ago from a half eighth, ive been up to over 11 grams.

experiences: back when id trip more frequently, each experience was less and less obviously, although ive had catostrophic exerpiences that have really altered my ego

badtrips: Don't exist, they are just on a subject your not comfortable with or you feel vunerable and unaware of whats going to happen next, which is normal, but you got to remember your safe and that there is no boundaries to the violent thoughts or suicidal thoughts, you have to be very open

Trips: i only trip now every 6 months, after this one im going to wait a year, even though the chemicals leave your body after less then a week, your brain is still familiar with them, it is very smart like that, the more your brain is left to be, then after a long period of time, if you ingest it will be more and more like your first trip, and thats what we all really want right?! :smile:

--------------------
retired

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: wilgi]
    #8259490 - 04/09/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

my best advice is avoid tripping with unwholesome people, it rots your soul to the core.

any way that is such a sappy song lol ^.^ but its kinda like some hippie jam song you would hear on a sunday.

any who i guess your right about that when you realize its not just about drugs, then it will really change your life

--------------------

OfflineParadoxical
Stranger

Re: (For Shroom Veterans) How Do Experiences Change Over Time? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8259501 - 04/09/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
my best advice is avoid tripping with unwholesome people, it rots your soul to the core.

Indeed. I would take it further and say get them out of your (tripping and non-tripping) life altogether.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds