Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED*
    #8257639 - 04/08/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by 12468

Reason for deletion: -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefigurine
Cat Tamer
Male

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: 12468]
    #8257851 - 04/08/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You can just buy the "DampRid Refillable Room Freshener" for $3 and put it in some kind of sealed container with air-dried mushrooms with practically no effort. It already comes with a container that has holes in it and contains calcium chloride I believe, so it requires very little effort and no construction.

--------------------
"It takes one to know one." -Mel Gibson

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Loc: Hiding under an Elm Tree Flag
Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: 12468]
    #8257926 - 04/08/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

Reason for deletion: Never again...

--------------------

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: Morelman]
    #8258010 - 04/08/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i have a buddy that works at a deli and gives me the extra divided disposable veggie trays that deli's use for cookies/veggies/etc... you can probably find packs of 10 for pretty cheap from commercial party suppliers.

^now that really is a party tray.

they work great, i've had to stack quite a few on top of eachother before. fan dry for 24 hrs, load the bottom of the veggie tray with your chosen desiccant, put some kind of screen on top to keep your mushrooms directly off it, i used those cheap grill sheets or gutter guard, both work fine, you dont really want any surface area to your screen, then put your mushrooms on top of the screen and snap the lid on. each tray can get 2 oz cracker dry in a day, 1 carton of damp rid refill will fill 3 trays up. been using em' ever since i started, they work great and save hella space.

thanks for making me remember i had that old pic in my gallery, i got so many damn pictures in there now i cant keep track of them all.

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: large_dose]
    #8258048 - 04/08/08 11:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Invisiblemb13
Stranger
    #8258089 - 04/08/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Why do people still waste their time with dessicants and rediculous containers when food dehydrators cost under $35 new or $5 at most 2nd hand stores. :rolleyes:

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: mb13]
    #8258844 - 04/09/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mb13 said:
Why do people still waste their time with dessicants and rediculous containers when food dehydrators cost under $35 new or $5 at most 2nd hand stores. :rolleyes:

Consider that a 1lb bag of silica gel or drierite (CaSO4) costs maybe $4 and $7 respectively and that we generally have containers kicking around.

Both desiccants can be reused by baking them for the manufactured specified time and temperature.

While I agree that food dehydrators (with their heating element disabled) are great for the fan-drying portion of desiccation, they lack the ability to -really- dry something out. Desiccants have the ability to lower the relative humidity of a sealed vessel to below the ambient RH which is advantageous in humid climates.

--------------------
-AV-

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: amanitavirosa]
    #8259015 - 04/09/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Food dehydrator do NOT lack the ability to "really" dry something out.. wth kind of misinformation is that?

my dehydrator dries ounces in a day to so cracker dry that you can even brush off the verm without breaking them

desiccant sucks, it takes waay too long to dry with desiccant, and desiccant is near to useless for dring FRESH shrooms

and it's a real pain in the ass playing around with, and cooking and re-cooking your poisonous alternative

--------------------

Edited by anarchOi (04/09/08 09:10 AM)

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: anarchOi]
    #8259137 - 04/09/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

oh god who cares, do you know how many fucking threads argue about desiccant chambers and dehydrators...
its sad to see this one turning into another one, everybody has their favored technique.

but back to the thread, which is about desiccant chambers.
this is the method i chose when i started growing and its worked great for my bulk grows too.

24hrs fan/24hrs desiccant chamber = cracker dry.

to each his own.

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: large_dose]
    #8259190 - 04/09/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8259230 - 04/09/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

... wow, anarchOi .. just wow

--------------------
-AV-

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #8259285 - 04/09/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I use salt instead of desiccant..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisiblekelsey_07
Stranger

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: Brainiac]
    #8259337 - 04/09/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by kelsey_07

Reason for deletion: ...

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: kelsey_07]
    #8259407 - 04/09/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #8259530 - 04/09/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

why the hell would you guys still be using desicant?
Isnt it the nastiest shit to work with once its water logged?? Gets on everyhting

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: tahoe]
    #8259701 - 04/09/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kelsey_07 said:
Does salt work just as well? Can perlite be used as a desiccant?

Salt -does- in fact work as a desiccant .. the only problem being that it is terribly ineffective. Actually, any hygroscopic compound will sequester moisture from the air (at varying rates).

Salt (IMHO) would be a waste of time.

Quote:

tahoe said:
why the hell would you guys still be using desicant?
Isnt it the nastiest shit to work with once its water logged?? Gets on everyhting

Desiccant is extremely effective in areas that suffer from chronic high humidity.

Thats only CaCl (damprid) .. CaSO4 (drierite) and silica are not that bad to work with when they are moisture saturated. And the bonus is that they can be regenerated.

--------------------
-AV-

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8259841 - 04/09/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, i live in a valley where the humidity stays extremely high 95% , its actually quite miserable and hard to breath in the summertime.

Most beginning growers dont need to go out and buy a big old dehydrator, some are just growing enough for themselves and a few friends, this is where desiccant is perfect. I used to have the bottom of an old schoolbox filled with desiccant/screen just like the veggie trays, i'd fan dry for 24 hrs then throw em' in there and snap the lid on for a day, it got them cracker dry when things were on a smaller scale. When i needed more surface area for the desiccant a veggie tray worked great, now im using up to 10 veggie trays stacked on top of eachother. I've always contemplated on going out and buying a nesco plus trays and all that, but im sure my method takes up no more room than this contraption:

The only downfall is having to fan dry the mushrooms for a day before loading them into the desiccant chambers, but as monstermitch states in the thread i got the picture from, he sometimes has to fan dry before loading them into a dehydrator too.

Both methods are great... some swear up and down upon their chosen method but both work, choose what works best for you. One 3$ carton of damprid refiller will get me through a pound of mushrooms, you loose most of your weight during the 24 hr fan dry but the damp rid does a great job of pulling that extra moisture out, making them "cracker" dry. Once damp rid is saturated it turns into a hard block, i just throw it away and buy a few cartons for the next couple grows. My old chosen method turned into a bulk method, i've just found an extremely space efficient way of stacking veggie tray's in the same manner as dehydrator trays, using desiccant to dry them instead of heated air, thats all.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: large_dose]
    #8259920 - 04/09/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

amanitavirosa said:

Desiccant is extremely effective in areas that suffer from chronic high humidity.

I believe this was agars pic. I wouild reconize the carpet.
The main differnece between people that use discant and dehydrators is that the ones that use the dehydrators know how to grow mushrooms and the ones that do not know how to grow use desicant.
Sure I would rather pay 3 bucks to dry 10 grams of mushrooms.
But one day you will walk into your growroom and think "Fuck". I need a dehydrator.
All in due time noobes

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8259953 - 04/09/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:The main differnece between people that use discant and dehydrators is that the ones that use the dehydrators know how to grow mushrooms and the ones that do not know how to grow use desicant.
But one day you will walk into your growroom and think "Fuck". I need a dehydrator.
All in due time noobes

.. okay, so you think that just because someone swears by using desiccant (an e and two c's btw;)) that they are a newb?

Have you ever considered that said individual may not want the extra size/bulk of a dehydrator? or perhaps they only want a small setup and don't produce a large amount of wet material, thus do not need a multi-tier dehydrator?

Have you also maybe considered that someone who uses desiccant also uses a dehydrator as part of the process?

In areas of high relative humidity, it is impossible to dry something to nearly the relative humidity that desiccants can achieve. And for some people, exceptional dryness is important (such as in making capsules).

Why don't you get the hell off your high horse and just stfu sometime? :wink:

Just because -you- won't use desiccants does -not- mean that they are ineffective, stupid, or "noobish" as you put it.

--------------------
-AV-

Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

#8259959 - 04/09/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

fan drying is only the first step in the drying process. if you stop here, you are wrong. even after drying with a fan there is still moisture present, and even in the smallest amout, there will be degradation of the psychoactive chemicals. after fan drying you must then store them with some kind of desiccant.

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8260000 - 04/09/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

amanitavirosa said:
(an e and two c's btw;))

Wow, look at the big brains on amanitavirosa

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8260023 - 04/09/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Once again, back to the OP. He was just sharing his ideas for the probably small space their in, trying to work with what he's got and being innovative too, thats cool, i respect that. I started out the same way trying to figure out how to fit it all in a small space, i've figured it out and theres my design. So much for not starting a "desiccant vs dehydrator" thread, i tried to prevent it, but there's always the other's that feel like they have to chime in with the "better" way.

I thought we were gonna see a bunch of cool designs for desiccant chambers man.

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #8260067 - 04/09/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The main differnece between people that use discant and dehydrators is that the ones that use the dehydrators know how to grow mushrooms and the ones that do not know how to grow use desicant.

that has got to be one of the most absurd statements i've ever heard.

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: norml840]
    #8260191 - 04/09/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For those interested, I'll briefly explain my setup.

I use an ammo-box which is air-tight. I poured 1.5lb of drierite (used to use silica beads) in the bottom and then placed an expanded metal "wire mesh" down with four bolts acting as "legs". The expanded metal stuff was left-over "gutter guard" that you can buy at the hardware store real cheap.

I place a measured amount of fan-dried material in the box and just leave it for a few days and re-weigh the resulting yield to compare. You would be surprised at how much more moisture is drawn out of the dry material.

Having worked in a lab for many years now, I have always known the benefit of drierite - which is why I now use it as my desiccant of choice.

--------------------
-AV-

Offlinebigred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Latitude = 37.0954, Longi... Flag
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: zero cool]
    #8260340 - 04/09/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I dried 544 grams today, not 2 or 3 days, today!
I set my temp at 92 turn it on and go to work.
You can try to tell me that it reduces potency but tell the 15 people that tripped hard on 2 grams each last weekend, wow what a party.
Anyway, I have found no real reason not to use my dehydrator, it works great.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: bigred]
    #8260359 - 04/09/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by 12468

Reason for deletion: -

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8260407 - 04/09/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

12468 said:
Dehydrators and desiccant are just two ways to dry, I don't think they're any big indicator of a person's level of proficiency with cultivation

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: norml840]
    #8260496 - 04/09/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:

that has got to be one of the most absurd statements i've ever heard.

i have to second that... i still use desiccant... been doing it since i started..... id like to have dehydrator but just don't have the money.

to the op get a 1 or 2 gallon rubbermaid that u can seal with the lid.

pour desiccant.... cut a piece of window screen to fit.... put shroomies on top close lid.... check every 24 hrs until cracker dry(ofcourse you have to fan dry first)

Invisiblemb13
Stranger
Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #8260634 - 04/09/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ive tried my nesco at 95F and 145 F with the same crop, no potency difference whatsoever.

I'm not hatin' on someone for using dessicants, but it just seems like people that use dessicants haven't discovered that food dehydrators exist and they work better and SAVE TIME.

It's like the difference between matches and lighters.

Edited by mb13 (04/09/08 10:22 PM)

Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: mb13]
    #8260867 - 04/09/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that's cool, amanit, i also use a ammo can but i use desiccant beads instead. i just put open bags of shrooms (pre-dried with a fan, of course) in the box with desiccant beads lining the floor. they stay potent for a good long time that way. some ppl think that putting their shrooms in a dehydrator is a better method of drying than fan drying...it's the SAME thing! the first step to drying is by using a fan. there is no argument about that. but once you fan dry your shrooms there is still a lot of water to be pulled out by way of using dessicants. fan drying can only dry a substance to the ambient RH, but if you use dessicants in a sealed container, you can atain much lower humidity levels. this will allow mushrooms to be stored for longer periods of time without seeing a reduction in potency. i dont think a lot of ppl really understand the importance of dessicants. if you want to store your shrooms for a long period of time you will need the help of dessicants, but if you are planning on getting rid of them within a month you prolly only need to fan dry.

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: zero cool]
    #8261244 - 04/09/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8261299 - 04/09/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

#8262414 - 04/09/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

amanitavirosa said:
Have you also maybe considered that someone who uses desiccant also uses a dehydrator as part of the process?

wtf? why would you still be baking desiccant if you had a dehydrator? lawls

after my first 3 cakes fruited, i was like fuuuck, i had to find the perfect grate that would hold mushrooms large and small alike
then had to find the perfect container to put them in
then figure out how to seal up the container air-tight

poking a bunch of holes in something is much less effective then using some sort of grated basket suspended above the desiccant

have you ever tried using the hobby desiccant? the kind they make with indicators for drying roses, etc?
it takes about an hour inside the "desiccator" for the desiccant to turn pink (meaning it's reached max capacity)

and the capacity gets lower and lower after every bake

but for the sake of the topic

goto dollar tree and find some sort of wire basket (the kind made like the office trashcans), preferably a flat one
then find yourself one of those office storage bins, the kind used for storing folders and shit
then pick up a roll of press'n'seal
--put your desiccant in the bin, stick your basket thing inside of your bin thing, put your shrooms in the basket, seal with press'n'seal

wallah, you got a "desiccator" that works really well for about 6 hours to dry mushrooms

this is what mine looks like;

the desiccant is really old.. because i discovered the glory of over-night mushroom drying with a dehydrator

--------------------

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8263283 - 04/10/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

anarchOi said:
wtf? why would you still be baking desiccant if you had a dehydrator? lawls

...why do I bother?

You bake the desiccant to regenerate its hygroscopic properties after many drying cycles. You can't simply put it in the dehydrator if that is (as stupid as it sounds) what you are suggesting.

If however you question why I bother to regenerate my desiccant -after- having dehydrated the mushrooms first, then you are beyond help.

Quote:

anarchOi said:
after my first 3 cakes fruited, i was like fuuuck, i had to find the perfect grate that would hold mushrooms large and small alike then had to find the perfect container to put them in then figure out how to seal up the container air-tight

Yeah, and tying shoes it difficult also.

Perfect grate = "gutter guard" at hardware store, or even wire mesh for your windows
Perfect container = unused paint bucket, lock-n-lock box, or an ammo box

Quote:

anarchOi said:have you ever tried using the hobby desiccant? the kind they make with indicators for drying roses, etc?
it takes about an hour inside the "desiccator" for the desiccant to turn pink (meaning it's reached max capacity)

The hobby stuff is just as good as the lab-grade desiccant. Your problem was that the container you used was not air-tight. That or you did not fan-dry the mushrooms for 24h first.

Quote:

anarchOi said:and the capacity gets lower and lower after every bake

This is true, however you can regenerate the same batch of desiccant more than 10 times easily.
but for the sake of the topic

--------------------
-AV-

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

#8263358 - 04/10/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha

one day if you ever get good at this hobby
i'll tell you i told you so

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8263904 - 04/10/08 10:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

appearently there are two types of people in this world

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8263991 - 04/10/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

anarchOi said:
hahaha

I am done with you.

--------------------
-AV-

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8263997 - 04/10/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't understand the condescending nature of some of these posts. Why would anyone care what others use to dry their mushrooms? Is it that you are afraid your mushrooms won't properly dry if someone uses a different method? Are you afraid newbies are going to start using the other method? If so: again, why do you care?

I'd really like to know the logic here. A debate about which is better is one thing, but saying that you're superior because you use one method over the other is ridiculously childish -- it reminds me of 14 year olds arguing on anime message boards or something.

Whichever way you choose, your mushrooms will get dry. If you choose to go with desiccant, the OP's method is good.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8264031 - 04/10/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

anarchOi said:
hahaha

It is nice to see that people start to agree with me after they have been here for awhile.
At first when they are noobs they get all bent out of shape that I jumped all over their ass about something like dehydrators, misting cakes, or sunflower seeds.
These noobs read things like the mmgg and think that the suggestion for desiccant is valid since the whole things reads smoothly and seems accurate. So they assume the part about the heat is accurate also.

Now these noobs come in here thinking they know everything and another stupid ass desiccant thread pops up. We/I try to nip it in the butt as soon as we see it. If you do search for Tahoe you will see about 40% of these thread end with me as the last post nipping it in the butt.

I have worked log and hard on these subjects and slowly I am seeing progress.
Good Day

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8264081 - 04/10/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

end of thread.

Edited by large_dose (04/10/08 12:02 PM)

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: Veter]
    #8264241 - 04/10/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:
I don't understand the condescending nature of some of these posts. Why would anyone care what others use to dry their mushrooms? Is it that you are afraid your mushrooms won't properly dry if someone uses a different method? Are you afraid newbies are going to start using the other method? If so: again, why do you care?

I'd really like to know the logic here. A debate about which is better is one thing, but saying that you're superior because you use one method over the other is ridiculously childish -- it reminds me of 14 year olds arguing on anime message boards or something.

Whichever way you choose, your mushrooms will get dry. If you choose to go with desiccant, the OP's method is good.

if we weren't here condescending stupidity, then how would this forum continue?
if people weren't here giving other people advice on how to do things the BEST way, then you can kiss your teks and help goodbye.

i'm just telling the nubs not to waste their time with desiccant, it's just not a good option for DRYING mushrooms

now this is what desiccant is GREAT for
take a tea bag, untie the string, empty out the tea, fill with desiccant and retie the string
now you've got what i've nicknamed a dry-bomb

toss this in ziplocks when storing your dried shrooms,
works terrific to keep the moisture out

--------------------

Edited by anarchOi (04/10/08 12:52 PM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8264279 - 04/10/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:
Why would anyone care what others use to dry their mushrooms? .

Its not that I care how they do it but rather the reasoning behind it.
There are only 2 reasons why one would use desiccant.
1. broke dick with no money.
2. Afraid of potency loss due to heat.

The first one is valid, the second is not.
The first one is addressed by my previous post.

Quote:

tahoe said:

The main difference between people that use desiccant and dehydrators is that the ones that use the dehydrators know how to grow mushrooms and the ones that do not know how to grow use desiccant.
But one day you will walk into your grow room and think "Fuck". I need a dehydrator.
All in due time noobs

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8264594 - 04/10/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:It is nice to see that people start to agree with me after they have been here for awhile.

Wow .. talk about self-pandering.

Quote:

tahoe said:At first when they are noobs they get all bent out of shape that I jumped all over their ass about something like dehydrators, misting cakes, or sunflower seeds.

Maybe they know a thing or two? Hell, maybe they are even *gasp* smarter than you?

Quote:

tahoe said:These noobs read things like the mmgg and think that the suggestion for desiccant is valid since the whole things reads smoothly and seems accurate. So they assume the part about the heat is accurate also.

Now these noobs come in here thinking they know everything and another stupid ass desiccant thread pops up.

I happen to work in an organic chemistry research lab - I know a thing or two about desiccants and why they should be used on compounds which are sensitive to oxidation and thermal decomposition.

Getting every drop of water out of a mushroom bearing any indole is a good idea - and doing it with little rise in temperature is even better. Indoles are both temperature and oxidative-stress sensitive.

But what would I know? I only work with these kinds of things every day.

Quote:

tahoe said:We/I try to nip it in the butt as soon as we see it. If you do  search for Tahoe you will see about 40% of these thread end with me as the last post nipping it in the butt.

I have worked log and hard on these subjects and slowly I am seeing progress.
Good Day

No, you will find that your bullshit statistic of 40% of threads ending with your post is simply a result of people realizing what a fktard you are and don't bother to reply further.

I on the other hand am a stubborn prick. :cool:

I'll call bullshit on anything you say that is not accurate until even you are tired of it .. so good day to you too.

--------------------
-AV-

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

#8264611 - 04/10/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
There are only 2 reasons why one would use desiccant.
1. broke dick with no money.
2. Afraid of potency loss due to heat.

The first one is valid, the second is not.
The first one is addressed by my previous post.

Yeah, except you forgot all about storing dried mushrooms. By all means, continue to spout your ignorant remarks as gospel.

--------------------
-AV-

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: tahoe]
    #8264690 - 04/10/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8264705 - 04/10/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Morelman said:
Forgot One.....

3. Only grows enough for their own personal use. Thus negating the need for a food dehydrator to dry massive quantities.

So you only grow 2-3 cakes a month?

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber *DELETED* [Re: tahoe]
    #8265102 - 04/10/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

--------------------

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8265461 - 04/10/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus Christ you guys, everyone simmer down

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8267068 - 04/10/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

panties in a wad.

OfflineDr. Penguin
Organic Chemist
Male

#8267147 - 04/10/08 11:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: amanitavirosa

Tahoe wouldn't understand anything about the sensitivity of indole rings, all he does is sit around at home and bash noobs on the interweb. I don't know about you tahoe, but I want every little bit of active substance that I've worked hard for. When I start to grow l33t tahoe style maybe I'll switch to a dehydrator. Until then, kindly, fuck off.

--------------------
Linux Geek

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Re: Best desiccant Chamber [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #8267184 - 04/10/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Desiccant -- TO PREVENT ACCIDENTAL POISONING, NEVER PUT INTO FOOD, DRINK OR OTHER. CONTAINERS AND USE STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH ENTIRE LABEL

--------------------

InvisibledrftNV
aspirant
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8267759 - 04/11/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

who'd have thought choice in dehydration method would be such an emotional topic...

theres an easy way to prove which ones better for ourselves (note: not each other, some people will stick to their guns till death...), and thats to try each method, weighing the samples afterwards.

fwiw desiccant seems to get my samples to a lighter weight, so thats what i use. ymmv.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds