Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK]
    #8249332 - 04/07/08 03:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cannabis gran to take on hospital
April 7, 2008 - Journal Live

THE woman known as Britain’s “cannabis gran” is on a collision course with North East hospital bosses after vowing to take in her own drugs-laced food.

South Shields-born Patricia Tabram, 69, who recently moved from Humshaugh, near Hexham, Northumberland, to Tudhoe Moor, Spennymoor, County Durham, is due to be admitted to Darlington Memorial Hospital soon for a kidney operation.

She claims her GP told her she could take her own food to eat in hospital.

But that food is sprinkled with cannabis powder.

And hospital bosses say they will notify the police if Mrs Tabram brings in cannabis-flavoured food.

Mrs Tabram, who began taking cannabis four years ago to combat pain in her neck and back, was part of a cookery club with more than 100 members who added cannabis to their recipes for “medicinal purposes”.

But by publicly advocating the use of the drug, she faced eviction from her former home and was also ordered to do 250 hours community work by Carlisle Crown Court in March last year after being convicted of growing and possessing cannabis.

But Mrs Tabram insisted yesterday her decision to move to Spennymoor had nothing to do with the application by her landlords, Milecastle Housing, to apply for a suspended eviction order.

“Some very good friends of mine moved from Humshaugh to County Durham, and that influenced my decision to move too,” she explained, adding: “I was born in County Durham when South Shields was part of that county, and I decided to return ‘home.’”

She has now written to Prime Minister Gordon Brown explaining why she does not trust NHS medicines, and listing the many side effects associated with popular pharmaceutical drugs prescribed through the NHS. These include dizziness, rashes, bruising and depression, she claims.

Cannabis, on the other hand, is a natural herb like mint or sage, she said. She added: “I will take my own food into hospital when I am admitted for a problem I have with my kidney.

“By taking minute amounts of cannabis in my food I am free from pain. I am not prepared to eat the food the hospital dishes out.”

But a spokesperson for County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust said: “Although the Trust cannot comment on individual patient’s cases, if there was a suspicion of a patient bringing an illegal substance into one of our hospitals it would be something we could not condone.

“The Trust has a duty to protect all patients and as such all drugs on NHS premises have to be prescribed drugs to ensure we safeguard patients and these drugs are kept under lock and key for the protection of all patients.

“If the Trust was to become aware of a patient intending to bring an illegal substance into one of our hospitals then we would feel it necessary to take action to prevent this.

“If the Trust found a patient to be in possession of an illegal substance ... we would be duty bound to report the incident to the police”.

By taking minute amounts of cannabis in my food I am free from pain. I am not prepared to eat the food the hospital dishes out.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #8249345 - 04/07/08 04:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

She's not in a predicament to fight while she has a kidney problem.  She should just be quiet and have friends sneak her food in :rasta:

Offlinepabloescabar
Stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: Helixx]
    #8249378 - 04/07/08 04:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Choose your battles ya dumb bitch. There are better times to protest your draconian laws than when you need a fucking kidney operation. If she brings weed into a hospital she's going to be arrested and put in jail, without any access to weed and postponing her operation . Not to mention she will most likely be put on probation and piss tested, and then put in jail again when she gets a dirty UA. Just get the surgery, go home, and get blazed. It's not like hospitals don't have painkillers anyway.
I support medical marijuana just not stupid fuckin people.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: pabloescabar]
    #8249398 - 04/07/08 04:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, this is the perfect time to campaign for cannabis use. She's going to hospital, she needs something that will help her get better.

The hypocrisy of the government to claim that they cannot condone her use of cannabis when they prescribe diamorphine is tantamount to stupidity. This woman realises cannabis is a useful plant, and she's not willing to back down just because the majority of cannabis consumers are a quiet and apathetic minority.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8249409 - 04/07/08 05:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Furthermore, she's onto something here.

No one's going to respect a hoody with a spliff on the go that tries to hide it the moment some authority figure comes into view. She's got far testicular fortitude than you, in that she realises that because it should be legal, it should be treated as no big deal. She won't go to prison over it though, there's no room for a start, and it'd cost money to keep her locked up, and furthermore, I remember her judge gave her community service, knowing full well she'd continue to grow and use it. If she was imprisoned, she couldn't get it so easily/cheaply.

I don't know what good her writing to comrade brown will do. At least she won't end up in Siberia for writing to him.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Offlinepabloescabar
Stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8249449 - 04/07/08 05:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad that what I say is just an excuse for you to bitch about the laws. Just remember this all your doing, bitching. Do you think that I don't know what the laws are and how fucked up they are? Of course I do but unlike you I live in this place called reality.Ever been there?

In your perfect little world she would go in eating her brownies and all the staff would just say "Oh she's so brave fighting for her cause" and they would give her the surgery and the next day weed would be legal. Weeds not making her better its managing her pain. I'm pretty sure she needs the surgery more than a couple of days without weed.
I'm not defending the laws I'm just telling you how it is in reality. Laws are laws and if you break one because you think it's an unjust law good for you, but according to the government you still broke the law and need to pay for it.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #8249654 - 04/07/08 09:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, she can be as stupid as she wants if she has big enough balls.

Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: Cowgold]
    #8249861 - 04/07/08 11:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

but shes making a stand, and thats gotta do some good.

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem
Folding@home Statistics
    #8250012 - 04/07/08 12:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Every movement needs martyrs. This woman is not stupid - she is a hero. She is well aware of the risks she is taking in doing this, and she's doing it anyway. Rosa Parks wouldn't have been arrested if she sat in the back of the bus, but that's not the point. If everyone just keeps quiet about injustice and then circumvents unfair laws when no one is looking, there will never be change. More power to her.

Oh, and your avatar's taken.

Offlinepabloescabar
Stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis gran to take on hospital [UK] [Re: Taharka]
    #8250741 - 04/07/08 03:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Rosa Parks wasn't on her way to get kidney surgery. And I had my avatar first

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service