Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Kidnappings!
    #824527 - 08/17/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know if everyone else has noticed, (in fact, i waited to post this thread cause it sounded so wacky) but there have been many cases of kidnappings that have ended up on mainstraem media in the States (full with interviews and FBI agents, breaking news update! etc..). I feel its more than usual because im in Canada, and if im hearing enough about it I figure Americans must have alot more.

Now im not saying any of these cases arnt important, because they are far from it - but lets face it, kidnappings and missing children occur every day in America, almost in the thousands*, yet there have been about a dozen or so cases that have made national news, with im sure more on the way...

are these kids more important than other missing children?

or is there something else going on? i refuse to believe the media is simply dry on news, or that these kids/cases have any kind of signifigance to the hundreds of others...

once again, i dont want to offend anyone by saying the cases should not be signifigant, but i hope you see my point.

*(http://cbi.state.co.us/dr/mcap/facts_interest.htm)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: foghorn]
    #824545 - 08/17/02 07:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Kidnappings! [Re: vatoloco]
    #824559 - 08/17/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>>>what ever happened to chandra levy?

They found her bones dumped in a washinton DC park.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Kidnappings! [Re: foghorn]
    #824584 - 08/17/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i noticed that to, and it is a little bit ridiculous. I dont really understand why all the sudden i keep hearing about these missing kids, cuz like you said it happens alot more than the media says, if they did mention every single missing person every day it would just be extremly ridiculous. I have noticed one trend though, its always young white girls that could be being sexually abused. Those are the only ones you here about. I say that because i read in(newsweek i think) about this little black girl that chewed through some duct tape and escaped her captor to freedom, The thing is though, before the wrote an article about her escaping i never heard about her abduction. So yeah, the standards for a news worty kidnapping are stupid.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Kidnappings! [Re: foghorn]
    #824601 - 08/17/02 08:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, there are less kidnapping this year than last. Just more coverage this year.

Invisiblekneegrow
Loc: so. cal
Re: Kidnappings! [Re: wingnutx]
    #824714 - 08/17/02 10:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

wingnut is correct.

i also read 3 years ago in the BACK of the newspaper (LA times i think), in a tiny little box that school shootings (the rage back then) were down like 30%, but reporting was up 57%. i'm sure on the reporting figure, but not the school shootin one, but it was quite lower....somewhere in that range.

the news has to put something out. i'm sure you'll never see a headline "No significant news yesterday" .....with the sub "yesterday was a good day. no news is good news!"

--------------------
stayin spaced out like Dr. Octagon

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #826427 - 08/18/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Kidnappings! [Re: vatoloco]
    #826452 - 08/18/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, work on that sarcasm icon. Good luck getting one.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder