Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Where to go from here...
    #824492 - 08/17/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Just curious! Im very new to growing, i have 10 jars on their second day innoculated, using the PF tek, waiting for any signs of contaims/mycelium.

Anyway, just wondering what route I should take after this, what tek i should use? Should I try casing?

Right after, Im going to experiment with drying the shrooms (after fruiting) and making prints/syringes. Im curious as to what teks I should use afterwards.

formally I grew weed, and because of security issues had to stop. Now Im enjoying a new hobby, and shh dont tell anyone from overgrow.com or yahooka.com but I like this a LOT more!!

Maybe some of you can tell me your stories of your first tek ever, to where you are now, what teks you've tried, what works best, etc

I do homeschooling, my mother supports this as she knows I am very responsible, and I'll be getting a job soon. I want to put most of my money and time towards growing mushrooms, as its a fun hobby.

Any ideas? Im hoping to eventually have a continous cycle of shrooms fruiting and in the jars consistantly, and a good amount.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Where to go from here... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #824499 - 08/17/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, I too am new to growing. I'm about 4 days away from my first harvest! I used the plain PF tek pretty much by the book. I built an ultrasonic humidifier setup but after a few days I switched to a perlite terrarium instead. I"m really glad I did, since its much easier to take care of and simply works better. Anyway, I have 13 pinning BRF cakes right now and I intend to start up some BRF/scotts 3-1 casings soon. good luck on learning all the little tricks about shrooms, I'm trying to learn them too, and having a blast! I hope we both have enjoyable and productive shroom growing experiences!

--------------------

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: tekramrepus]
    #824505 - 08/17/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Where to go from here... [Re: chunder]
    #824506 - 08/17/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hey goodluck! everyone told me not to case first, but im hestitating if I should. That is providing atleast one of my 10 jars makes it okay (i think i did a good job)

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Where to go from here... [Re: Macey Howard]
    #824508 - 08/17/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Moe thanks, I was looking for some personal experience though, ive read a great deal of the FAQ's, more interesting in the personal route people took, and what they recommend

OfflineCrzyMoFuCkEr420
Keep on Skankin
Loc: My Anus
Re: Where to go from here... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #824558 - 08/17/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My suggestion for your first terrarium is an aquarium 10-30 gallon. Then take perlite and run water over it in a strainer and then pour peroxide over it or you can boil it. Then put about an inch layer of perlite on the bottom of the sterilized aquarium (me and my buddy used bleach to sterilize all of our terrarium parts). Then you put a metal grate of some sort on top of the perlite. Then for better fresh air and so you dont have to fan it as much and for added humidity you can add a bubbler system, which consist of either two fish tank pumps or one with an attachment for the hose to split it so that two hoses run off of one pump, and you also need two bubbler stones (walmart 88 cent) and two cups of some sort. Then fill the cups up with water and H2O2 if you want you can make it warm water for more humidity. Then you set the cups with the solution in the terrarium and run the hoses with bubbler stones on them in the cups and turn the pumps on. And there you go automated fresh air, but you should still fan if you can, especially after they start to pin. We also just used the light that came with the aquarium (15 watts) for 6 hours a day. Thats my suggestion
Later

Offlineentheo_smurf
journeyman
Re: Where to go from here... [Re: CrzyMoFuCkEr420]
    #824773 - 08/18/02 12:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you want yeilds, I say crumble on some pasturized dung. If you have the means, invest in a pressure cooker. Its an invaluble tool.

Good luck

entheo

--------------------
This is for the sole purpose of information only. Not intended for use in the actual manufacture of known drugs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds