Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Let's talk about Ram Dass and his work [Re: World Spirit]
    #825654 - 08/18/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OK, you can borrow my 'Still Here,' but you have to return my 'Grist for the Mill' first.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let's talk about Ram Dass and his work [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #825706 - 08/18/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#825740 - 08/18/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ram Dass,who comes from a Conservative Jewish family devoid of spirituality, experienced Something Primal under psychedelics, and set out for India in search of someone who could tell him what 'It all meant.' Although claiming to have been drawn by the simplicity of Buddhism, he was most influenced by Neem Karolie Baba, a Hindu Yogi - a believer in God, in a Hindu tradition - who was described in BE HERE NOW as living in Sahaj Samadhi...in full awareness of Sat Chit Ananda, and therefore in God-Realization.

Ram Dass in NOT a Christian, but he understands that Hinduism absorbs all faiths into itself, and there is more than enough room for Jesus, although He is not the ONLY avatar of God. He may be the only avatar to appear in the midst of middle-eastern culture, but He is not the ONLY avatar ever to appear on this planet. Perhaps you ought to take this idea as a springboard into the notion that on OTHER WORLDS in this and other galaxies, God's Logos - His ONLY Begotten Son - may be silicon based. He may not be Humanoid. If you deny the probability of life on planets in 100 billion galaxies, each with 100 billion stars, around which are innumerable planets like ours (Nitrogen/Oxygen atmosphere Captain - class M planet)...then you are far worse off than any pre-Copernican astronomer who never knew that we were a tiny speck in a medium sized galaxy to begin with.

Time to climb out of that teenie-weensie little conceptual box that you have constructed around yourself; painted with Bible stories alone; without the Gilgamesh Epic and other precursors that gave rise to it. Time to become a truly catholic (i.e., universal) Man, free from the very particularities of the culture that birthed you. People walk on water in other cultures too. They are 'born of a virgin' in other cultures too.

When I was in the 2nd grade, I had a REVELATION. When the new girl, Nancy Simko, who moved to my street was asked by our attractive Jackie Kennedy-looking teacher, Miss Sword, what her address was, she said "10 Dorrien Road." I sat upright, thinking "No!...'I' live at 4 Dorien Road!" It was never clear to me that other people ALSO had numbers in front of their addresses. I thought that my family was SPECIAL because we had a number in front of our address on Dorrien Road. It stupidly escaped me that the Holahans were at 3 Dorrien Road, and the Sandows were at 12 Dorrien Road, etc. Other people have THEIR saviors, and their saviors are salvific for THEM! If you can't understand this it is ONLY because of EGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGO.Can you hear the echo in the emptiness of a Heart that rejects the hope of countless billions of human beings who have never heard of Jesus?

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let's talk about Ram Dass and his work [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #826322 - 08/18/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#826651 - 08/18/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nowhere in my post did I 'rate' avatars. Who am I to may such an evaluation anyway? I have, however, chosen to call myself a Christian, because in Christ I have found everything that I discovered in the teachings of the other avatars, and I am, after all, a Western man. I will not judge the history of the world. That is reserved for God alone - the Creator, Redeemer and Destroyer.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale