Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Grow Light, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesonofshroomz
whore

mycobag worth it?
    #823675 - 08/17/02 03:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

im bout to spend my money on a mycobag but i keep hearing people say these r a waste of money? is it worth it? how much does a single bag yeild?

any comments wud be appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: sonofshroomz]
    #823679 - 08/17/02 03:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion, it's not worth it. Buy yourself some canning jars and you can reuse them for years.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
    #823680 - 08/17/02 03:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

its hella worth it.. about half ounce dry.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

OfflineEcoCrush
Stranger
Male
Loc: Indy
    #827449 - 08/19/02 07:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It's worth it if they actually work. The first time I got 3 bags out of 4 to work. And I'm greatful, don't get me wrong. I learned alot just from wathcing them grow first hand. The second time I got 1 out of 8 to grow. The jars are much cheaper and are just as easy (well maybe a little bit more work) as the bags. If you buy a Hydra-pod, that will take out all of the challenges of building a terrarium.

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: EcoCrush]
    #827506 - 08/19/02 08:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by ShroomlessInOkla (08/19/02 08:56 AM)

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

#827838 - 08/19/02 11:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

damn worth it becasue less things to do and less chance of contamination. i try casing and many others. u get less in the bags but u also get less of a headache too. here are my pics. i got 4 bags first round and got 1.5 dried oz and there are still growing for months now they keep fluching. since then i ordered 10 more bags and i use a water incubator with them and give them natural sunlight everyday...check these out

5 days later...

i also got 2 more flushes but never picture them.....for it was worth it

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

OfflineKrazyColors
Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: jalfonso]
    #935854 - 10/06/02 02:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey let me know more about the myco bag.  How the hell did you get so many that kicks ass my friend has ten but they seem like they are all dryed up.  Please tell me more, my friend needs help.  He has had his for 2 1/2 months now and nuthin HELP!! :confused: 

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: KrazyColors]
    #938652 - 10/07/02 07:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok sorry i didn't get back to sooner i wasn't on here lately and for me to post pics everytime is just a pain. just because i haven't posted anything doesn't mean i haven't gotten any. i probaly got whatu see plus 3 times no joking since that in august.

The ALF MYCO TEK
1. for the tek i just go to www.sporeworks.com
2. i get the bags and spores sringes.
3. i usually get 2 sringes for every 5 bags so i know there got enough spores in them.
4. go to walmart and get urself 2 big containers with 2 lids if u want privacy. don't know what size they are but they measure i like probaly about 2 feet long 1 1/2 feet. prefably dark color so know sun gets in.
5. next get a aqurium water heater to use with the tubs so u have a water incubator one that u can set temps
6. also get the 24" GROW light at walmart too.
oops i forgot a timer to control the light
7. ok setting up the incubator
8. first u need to set it at 85 degrees. stick it the bottom of the tub and fill the tub up 3-4 inches. enough so if u push the top tub down no water comes up.
9. after that now place the 2nd tub and put it on the 1st first so there inside of eachother.
10. now u have a water incubator set for the mycellium growth. you should have a clean tub with enough spave to hold 15 bags depending on what size u bought.
11. now place the bags in the container that is set at 85 degrees and let it sit there cover on and cover off i tried both and still works. i tend to place the cover on a way that there still 2-3 inches open so it breathes.
12. now this will sit here for 1 1/2 - 2 months so be patient
13. once the bags are fully colonized this when u have to set the temp on the heater to 79 degrees.
14. now set the timer so it gets 12 hour light. 6-6 7-7 whaterver u prefer.
15. now place the light into timer and plug in and place light across the tubs so it allows the tub lids to breathe like in the pics.
16. now they will stay in here for a couple of weeks before mushrooms start to pop up. however when they do u got to check it everyday cause they grow about 4-5 inches a day in this tek. no joking u will see little pins and the next day they are 6 inches tall and spores dropped.
17. now to dry use the pf tek. build that container however make sure u put in front of a fan for a day before container cause u will need bags of the chemical then.
18. also for the first time u need to cut the bag. after that i water it with 2-3 sprys on the walls whenever the bag is open to keep the humidity up and then i fold over the plastic in rolls until i reach the filter and then i cloths pin it. i have been doing this since march with the same bags.

some people don't like the bags cause u don't get a lot at once but u get the same over time with a quater of the work. i tried several teks before this and were successful but too much work. i wasn't out there to grow ounces in a month but u can do that with this tek with the enough bags. to this day i have grown 3 ounces dried with this tek in 6 bags.

enioy yhe tek and be patient.

"Good things happen to people who wait"

i got more pics but aren't allow on so i will post later

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

OfflineKrazyColors
    #938911 - 10/07/02 09:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

when you first innoculated them, and as they were colonizing did you extend thebags. Or did you innoculate and leave them wrapped up like they r when they r first delivered???

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: KrazyColors]
    #938916 - 10/07/02 09:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

got to extend the bags so the air can filter out

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

OfflineSupershrooomer
journeyman
 User Gallery

#938920 - 10/07/02 09:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Myco-bags used to be a good investment, yet their current performance is under question. Sporeworks changed the design of the myco-bags in early july, and since that time I have not seen anybody who has had as much success with the new design as with the old one. Sporeworks removed all of the air from the bags so that they could ship them better and also relocated the innoculate disk.

The bags are supposed to fill up with air from the colonizing mycelium. Yet from all the reports I've read and personal experience, the new myco-bags do not work anywhere near as well as the previous ones. I ordered sixty mycobags in early august. Only 8 colonized and it has taken 2 months, and now I am also having trouble fruiting. This is consistent with other reports where people are seeing less than 25% of their bags colonize.

In my opinion this is due to the fact that the bags are now vacuum sealed with no air inside. Which in some way, makes colonization and fruiting very difficult and long. I will not recommend myco-bags anymore until Sporeworks realizes the error of their ways and reverts back to the old design. They should of left good enough alone.

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

Re: mycobag worth it? [Re: Supershrooomer]
    #938956 - 10/07/02 09:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well then i beat the odds becasue i have them fromt eh orignal way and the new bags. all they changed were the place u inject the spores thats it. its up to u to extend the bag and allow it to expand. i use cloths pins and tacked each bag back to back and i got full colonization and tons of shrooms. sorry to here ur disappointment. if u talk to spore works i am sure they will help u out with either new spores if it didn't colonize and so on

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

Offlinejfoster
"That" guy

#5781050 - 06/22/06 06:44 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

oops

Edited by jfoster (06/22/06 06:45 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Grow Light, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation