Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity
    #8234059 - 04/03/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It is my hypothesis that the adoption of an impeccable diet, hydration and exercise regime will go drastically farther towards the experience of a joyful, healthy, fulfilled and rewarding existence then will any other approach.

Moreover, once such a regime has been adopted for an appreciable amount of time, all other "spiritual" practices (such as meditation, lucid dreaming, shamanic voyaging, astral projecting etc) will increase in benefit dramatically, but by contrast few of those practices are likely to have any appreciable benefit if an impeccable diet and exercise program has not yet been achieved.

Example diet:

Breakfast:

LIQUIDS:
1 glass un-fluorinated water
1 glass of mixed unsweetened, unfiltered apple and orange juice (natural, not from concentrate)
1 glass unseasoned, unsalted v8 juice
1 cup rooibus (red) tea or organic white tea

(all liquids to be consumed slowly and mindfully, adjust serving sizes to stomach capacity)

SOLIDS:

1 bowl organic wild oats sweetened with dark liquid honey (optional)
and or/
1-2 free run eggs cooked in an unbuttered, non-teflon pan and seasoned with washed garlic, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach etc.

LUNCH

LIQUIDS:
1 glass unsweetened fruit juice not from concentrate
1 glass water (unflourinated)
1 cup organic red or white tea.
1 glass unseasoned v-8 juice

Solids:

Fresh washed organic salad composed of no less then five different vegetables and topped with skim-milk cheese and/or unseasoned nuts, washed fruit, olive oil + red wine vinegar
and
2 pieces fresh washed fruit of different types

optional:
100% whole grain sandwhich with lean sliced turkey (not chicken) and lettuce, tomato, skim milk cheese.

Dinner:

Liquids:
1 glass unflourinated water
1 glass fruit juice (unsweetened, not from concentrate)
1 cup red tea

Solids:

organic washed salad with no less then 5 different kinds of vegetables and toppings from above
and either ground turkey (unsalted) or unbattered, unadulterated salmon or white fish (fish should be eaten no more then twice a week)

fruit salad for desert sweetened with dark liquid honey

Optional:
1 glass red wine

Exercise: no less then 90 minutes of vigorous exercise in a fresh and natural environment
recommended: swimming, martial arts, dance, yoga, or freeform play. Exercise forms should vary daily with the exception of swimming which can be done daily.

I assert that anyone who successfully and honestly adopts this diet and exercise approach will experience personal growth and healing of an incredible nature, with or without the addition of any additional "spiritual" practices.

Moreover, anyone who is currently engaged in such a practice will experience a monumental increase in satisfaction with these results.

Underlying logic:

this diet is probiotic, highly fruit and vegetable focused, it is a zero sugar diet (in the sense of processed sugar) and ONLY dark liquid honey is ever employed as a sweetener. It has zero added salt, zero trans fat, extremely low saturated fat, only whole grains and whole wheat bread products (minimal) and an extremely rich vitamin and mineral content.

It is a highly liquid oriented diet that is extremely hydrating and very high in anti-oxidants. It is organic and all produce is throughly washed to eliminate pesticide intake. All cooking is done in a stainless steel pan with no teflon, no butter and no aerosol cooking sprays.

All water consumed is unflourinated.

Protein is obtained through vegetable sources such as beans, lentils and peas, or through trans-fat free skim milk cheese, as well as white meat (natural, unadulterated fish and turkey only, not chicken, beef, pork or any other red meat)

Obviously, no artificial candy, sweetener, etc is consumed.

All food must be Delicious!

Happy eating.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Moonshoe]
    #8234136 - 04/03/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice. Sounds like my routines, only more disciplined.

How long you been keeping this up?

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8234156 - 04/03/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with your general recommendations, but not your specific recommendations.  Our emotional and physical well-being are linked, and any effort to achieve emotional balance will be undermined by poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle.  Spiritual practices which ignore this mind-body link are surface-work at best, and probably useless distractions from addressing the foundational issues of our experience of embodiment.

As to your specifics, I would ditch the skim-milk cheese and meat, and would add several different plant-based sources of beneficial fat.  (Olive/hemp/flax/grapeseed oils, seeds, nuts, avocado, coconut, olives.)  Such a low-fat diet does not support optimum health or provide much satisfaction, and adequate daily EFA (essential fatty acid) consumption is crucial for maintaining a healthy nervous system.

I would also add as many fresh herbs as are available, and substitute fresh veggie juice w/added green powder for the fruit juice.

Other than that, though...:thumbup:  :smile:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#8234157 - 04/03/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've found it to be true for me that I feel much better when I eat well and get plenty of exercise.

I don't think it's as necessary for everyone as it is for you and I though; I know several people whom I consider to be extremely wise and awake people whose diets would in all likelihood make me feel awful. I have also heard people whom I consider wise teachers claim that happiness has nothing to do with the food you put into your body and everything to do with the full realization of the nature of the present moment. More often, though, treating the body with respect is emphasized as a necessary part of any path of awakening, and great physical health is certainly something I strive for.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Lion]
    #8234244 - 04/03/08 04:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

happiness has nothing to do with the food you put into your body and everything to do with the full realization of the nature of the present moment

Being healthy does not make you happy, but it is an uphill climb to stay calm, centered & aware while dealing with chronic health issues arising from physical neglect and abuse.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Veritas]
    #8234335 - 04/03/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Take it one step further: no animal or plant food sources.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8234481 - 04/03/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Easily accomplished by eating all your meals at McDonalds.  :tongue:

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #8234514 - 04/03/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I lift weights 2 days a week, doing HIT (High Intensity Training). I probably eat around 3,000 calories a day and about 300 grams of protein. I also take creatine monohydrate along with a multivitamin. Works well for me.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#8234543 - 04/03/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Deadlift > impeccable diet

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #8234548 - 04/03/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
I probably eat around 3,000 calories a day and about 300 grams of protein. I also take creatine monohydrate along with a multivitamin. Works well for me.

:thumbup:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #8234640 - 04/03/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If moving my fat ass off the couch doesn't count as a deadlift then I don't what does.

--------------------

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
    #8235253 - 04/03/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely think that having a healthy diet and exercise program can be spiritually healthy for a person but definitely not as strict as that. Besides, I love ice cream and wouldn't want to give that up.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#8235337 - 04/03/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Moonshoe, I'd like to hear what you mean by "spiritual," as the term usually implies something non-material and thus should not be effected by the state of our body.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Boots]
    #8235348 - 04/03/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You can be fit but still completely spiritually and morally vacant. Some people get fit purely so they can physically intimidate others. While on the other hand you can have poor physical health but still be a spiritual person, like the shaolin monks before they were taught to do kung fu and moving meditation. Being fit can increase your vitality but if you don't have a good outlook on life it will just give you more energy to do negative things.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: DimensionX]
    #8235368 - 04/03/08 08:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I generally eat either no breakfast or crap breakfast and have only recently begun disorganized and unscheduled daily workouts.

Granted, I do have doo-doo in my gut, but does that really mean I have doo-doo in my soul too? :frown:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #8235504 - 04/03/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.arnoldehret.org/healthclub/still_ehret.html

A turn-of-the-century health guru whom I experimented with in the mid 1970s. His legacy lives on.
I've always been partial to the 'fringe' elements of society so long as they're non-violent.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #8235537 - 04/03/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lmao that guy looks awesome. That is a well groomed mustache. The mucusless part sounds comforting to.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: DimensionX]
    #8235604 - 04/03/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just say, "NO!" to phlegm. :nono:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Veritas]
    #8235993 - 04/03/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:

Being healthy does not make you happy, but it is an uphill climb to stay calm, centered & aware while dealing with chronic health issues arising from physical neglect and abuse.

Lord, is this ever true. It's funny how I realize this everytime I crash out or get sick, but I still have a hard time eating enough food or the right foods on a consistent basis. I'm flaky with my health!:shake:

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #8237247 - 04/04/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

http://www.arnoldehret.org/healthclub/still_ehret.html

A turn-of-the-century health guru whom I experimented with in the mid 1970s. His legacy lives on.
I've always been partial to the 'fringe' elements of society so long as they're non-violent.

That is one fierce stair down.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai

#8237491 - 04/04/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Does boiling water take care of fluorination?

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8237539 - 04/04/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
That is one fierce stair down.

It makes me want to ascend a flight of stairs, not go down them. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #8237540 - 04/04/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8237935 - 04/04/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ive found that eating healthy & exercise have helped my awakening loads, i'm getting more & more sensitive now, when i have red meat i feel low & slow, i get crashes if i binge on sugar etc...

Also meditation after exercise is great as your airways are really open and relaxing those tense muscles one by one concentrating on them with the breathe is just bliss, its like getting stoned without toking up. I feel relaxed just thinking about it!

I still have a huge 1/2 pounder w/cheese around once every couple of months and love sweet things, but i find that moderating these things makes them so delicious when i do have them. Like before i was eating them to get a happy pleasure response from my brain, a bag of 12 donuts could go in one sitting piss easy, but i now i get the pleasure response & the unbelievable taste on my buds, chocolate now is like an orgy in my mouth, i realise before i wasn't even tasting my food, i was trying to fill a hole that cant be filled with food. My mind was elsewhere not on what i was eating.

I dont believe that awakening nowadays means that you have to withdraw from daily pleasures, i believe its about truly living life as a human being experiencing all these amazing things and appreciating them, once you start awakening certain pure things will stay in place, the other things will lose they're appeal.

I would never listen to a spiritual teacher who said to not smoke or drink or eat bad food, once your awakening/heart starts flowering these things fall away by they're self automatically. The formula for a truly happy life starts unfolding as you learn how to read your body, food feels like vibrations that effect your whole being.

Nice post i will try out some of your ideas, i've been falling in love with vegetables recently, another thing i never thought id say!

At the mo i eat lots of nuts & seeds, veg (especially cucumber brocoli & cabbage), brown pasta, fruit, chicken, basic fish & chocolate! Im gonna start experimenting with fish very soon.

ps a good tip for after boiling vegetables, drink the water!

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (04/04/08 12:05 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#8238075 - 04/04/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

thank you for all your thoughtful and excellent responses.

I just wanted to draw everyones attention to this:

"add several different plant-based sources of beneficial fat. (Olive/hemp/flax/grapeseed oils, seeds, nuts, avocado, coconut, olives.) Such a low-fat diet does not support optimum health or provide much satisfaction, and adequate daily EFA (essential fatty acid) consumption is crucial for maintaining a healthy nervous system.

I would also add as many fresh herbs as are available"

-Veritas

This is all excellent advise and should be considered an addendum to my main post. Hemp oil is particularly recommended and avocado should usually be included as one of your five salad vegetables.

:thumbup:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8238108 - 04/04/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone knows that Eskimos cannot be spiritual. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8238191 - 04/04/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Everyone knows that Eskimos cannot be spiritual. :rolleyes:

Do you have a poll, or are you simply projecting? :strokebeard:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8238256 - 04/04/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Time for a poll!:ass:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8238286 - 04/04/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Eskimos predominantly eat fish and seal and little else - certainly no veggies; therefore they cannot be spiritual according to Moonshoe.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (04/04/08 09:38 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#8238759 - 04/04/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:smile:

certainly I do not envy them that diet.

And of course, I write only for my audience (shroomerites with computers).

--------------------

Offlinerubixcubies
porch monkey ferlyfe
Male User Gallery

Loc: ottawa on
    #8239638 - 04/04/08 07:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

no man the diet is perfectly suited to the environment in which they inhabit. eat local eat wild. and uhm move around like animals do those fuckers are in ridiculous shape

--------------------
i'm a very evolved ape you know.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8240153 - 04/04/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And of course, I write only for my audience (shroomerites with computers).

Yes, we are the special chosen ones. :levitate:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8240710 - 04/04/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I personally find myself the most spiritually centred and focused when I've been eating plenty of wild red meat (venison, moose, etc.) and of course a good selection of organic veggies fresh from the garden/woods as well.

Didn't Don Juan talk about deer meat being power food? It's one of the only things I remember from Journey to Ixtlan. :smirk:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#8241420 - 04/05/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely agree with your overall sentiments, but a few points:

Quote:

this diet is probiotic, highly fruit and vegetable focused, it is a zero sugar diet (in the sense of processed sugar) and ONLY dark liquid honey is ever employed as a sweetener. It has zero added salt, zero trans fat, extremely low saturated fat, only whole grains and whole wheat bread products (minimal) and an extremely rich vitamin and mineral content.

It's a pretty high sugar diet. Lots of fruit. (Plenty of vegetables I have no qualms with.) Also ,if you think of it in terms of history and lineage, our ancestor, up until very recently, did not really have access to all sorts of fruits. Fruits tend to grow in specific climates and our bodies never were accustomed to eating all sorts of exotic fruits, everything from banana to pineapple to kiwi to strawberry and whatever else. These foods are very high on the glycemic index and one of the keys to long lasting health is maintaining stable blood sugar which fruits definitely don't help.

Fruit juice in excess can be particularly bad news. It takes dozens of apples to derive the juice and sugars in a glass of real apple juice. But how often do you eat dozens of apples in one sitting? Also, sugars from fruit tend to ferment in the gut, especially when combined with other foods, and are also a great source of food for non-beneficial/harmful bacteria.

I wouldn't jump for joy over "whole wheat" bread either. It's maybe a pinch better than white bread, still a very processed food. Sprouted grain breads on the other hand are excellent.

Quote:

It is organic and all produce is throughly washed to eliminate pesticide intake.

Problem is that pesticides are absorbed by the food, especially fruits and vegetable that grow in the ground. You can scrub the skin off and you'll still be eating pesticides. Also, with something like bananas, the skin becomes the fruit as it ripens. Hopefully organic helps to offset this though.

Quote:

It is a highly liquid oriented diet that is extremely hydrating and very high in anti-oxidants.

Yes, so you might also consider using a good quality sea salt like celtic salt with a high trace mineral content. If you're drinking tons of liquids, you might compromise your balance of these.

Quote:

All cooking is done in a stainless steel pan with no teflon, no butter and no aerosol cooking sprays.

Hey, nothing wrong with butter in moderation. It's a great and extremely delicious source of essential fatty acids.

Quote:

Protein is obtained through vegetable sources such as beans, lentils and peas, or through trans-fat free skim milk cheese, as well as white meat (natural, unadulterated fish and turkey only, not chicken, beef, pork or any other red meat)

What about lamb, goat and duck? Also consider the excellent grains quinoa and amaranth. Look these up if you haven't already!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8241696 - 04/05/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

honesty helps

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#8241741 - 04/05/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I would cut out the meat (cholesterol, suffering).  Leave the yolks out of the eggs (cholesterol).  And replace the fruit juice with whole fruit.  There are a lot of nutrients you aren't getting by only eating part of the fruit, and I believe it spikes your blood sugar quicker in juice form (in fruit form, with the fiber and all, it will take longer to process I believe).  :thumbup:

I definitely feel better mentally and spiritually when taking care of my body.  Healthy body = healthy mind.  Or at least, make decisions about your body that will put your mind at ease.  Are you really proud of yourself for eating that McBurger and Butterfinger?  Probably not.

Nutrition info is widespread today.  You know when you are abusing your body and when you're not.  You'll be happier when you're respecting your body and your mind.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #8242135 - 04/05/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:
Are you really proud of yourself for eating that McBurger and Butterfinger? Probably not.

Why not? Big Macs and french fries kick ass. I'm proud to consume them. I'd take the bite right out of the cow if it was possible.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8242443 - 04/05/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

TheCow might not like that! :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8242451 - 04/05/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
It is my hypothesis that the adoption of an impeccable diet, hydration and exercise regime will go drastically farther towards the experience of a joyful, healthy, fulfilled and rewarding existence then will any other approach.

Moreover, once such a regime has been adopted for an appreciable amount of time, all other "spiritual" practices (such as meditation, lucid dreaming, shamanic voyaging, astral projecting etc) will increase in benefit dramatically, but by contrast few of those practices are likely to have any appreciable benefit if an impeccable diet and exercise program has not yet been achieved.

Example diet:

Breakfast:

LIQUIDS:
1 glass un-fluorinated water
1 glass of mixed unsweetened, unfiltered apple and orange juice (natural, not from concentrate)
1 glass unseasoned, unsalted v8 juice
1 cup rooibus (red) tea or organic white tea

(all liquids to be consumed slowly and mindfully, adjust serving sizes to stomach capacity)

SOLIDS:

1 bowl organic wild oats sweetened with dark liquid honey (optional)
and or/
1-2 free run eggs cooked in an unbuttered, non-teflon pan and seasoned with washed garlic, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach etc.

LUNCH

LIQUIDS:
1 glass unsweetened fruit juice not from concentrate
1 glass water (unflourinated)
1 cup organic red or white tea.
1 glass unseasoned v-8 juice

Solids:

Fresh washed organic salad composed of no less then five different vegetables and topped with skim-milk cheese and/or unseasoned nuts, washed fruit, olive oil + red wine vinegar
and
2 pieces fresh washed fruit of different types

optional:
100% whole grain sandwhich with lean sliced turkey (not chicken) and lettuce, tomato, skim milk cheese.

Dinner:

Liquids:
1 glass unflourinated water
1 glass fruit juice (unsweetened, not from concentrate)
1 cup red tea

Solids:

organic washed salad with no less then 5 different kinds of vegetables and toppings from above
and either ground turkey (unsalted) or unbattered, unadulterated salmon or white fish (fish should be eaten no more then twice a week)

fruit salad for desert sweetened with dark liquid honey

Optional:
1 glass red wine

Exercise: no less then 90 minutes of vigorous exercise in a fresh and natural environment
recommended: swimming, martial arts, dance, yoga, or freeform play. Exercise forms should vary daily with the exception of swimming which can be done daily.

I assert that anyone who successfully and honestly adopts this diet and exercise approach will experience personal growth and healing of an incredible nature, with or without the addition of any additional "spiritual" practices.

Moreover, anyone who is currently engaged in such a practice will experience a monumental increase in satisfaction with these results.

Underlying logic:

It is a highly liquid oriented diet that is extremely hydrating and very high in anti-oxidants. It is organic and all produce is throughly washed to eliminate pesticide intake. All cooking is done in a stainless steel pan with no teflon, no butter and no aerosol cooking sprays.

All water consumed is unflourinated.

Obviously, no artificial candy, sweetener, etc is consumed.

All food must be Delicious!

Happy eating.

And not a word about self honesty. Poor misguided chap. I know lots fools who eat an impeccable diet.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: Icelander]
    #8242608 - 04/05/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This is a good point, although I don't think Moonshoe's post is necessarily lacking.

Im just getting into this, but Ive noticed that acknowledging the mind body connection, eating right and exercising, is only the beginning. At the gym Ive noticed there are many people who are just as addicted to diet and "health" as the unhealthy eaters are to crappy foods.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Vital prerequisite for spiritual integrity [Re: daytripper23]
    #8242663 - 04/05/08 02:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

People who eat healthy and are obsessed with it or make it a requirement or a prerequisite to integrity are likely to be ex junk foodsters themselves. Almost as obnoxious as ex-smokers who judge smokers. Buncha hypocrites.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8242682 - 04/05/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but Ive noticed that acknowledging the mind body connection

I don't get it. What is there to acknowledge?

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#8242898 - 04/05/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well for instance, getting smacked in the head hurts. Its trying to really understand this dynamic.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#8243110 - 04/05/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The mind is a property of the body not a connection.

Talking about the mind-body connection is as silly as speaking of the sky-blue or the water-wet connection.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#8243129 - 04/05/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

True that its silly.

--------------------

OfflineRighteous_King
Stranger
    #8246157 - 04/06/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

hello everyone, first post for me.
what do you all know about the rhythm at which food should be ingested ? I think it is important to try to maintain the same eating patterns everyday but I cannot figure out what is the more profitable health wise. For example, is it a good thing to eat three moderate meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with small snacks once or twice during the day, or take in 3 large meals but without ingesting anything between them ?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale