Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

magic mushrooms in games
    #8228051 - 04/02/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

holy crap how come so many games have magical mushrooms. i was playing the SNES hit earthbound and its all about psy powers from being in touch with the earth and fly agaric are in it, which when attacked by one and it spreads its spores one will grow from your head inhibiting your healing abiliies also a mushroom grows from your head. if you go to a hospital in the game there is a healer that states"Though you may not believe it, I'm a healerf you have some illness that can not be treated at the hospital its my job to cure you. " next to him is a guy going on about some magic healing thing around the world and says that that guy is a great healing teacher. now he will charge you to get healed or cured but if you have a magic mushroom on your head he will pay you $50 bucks for the mushroom and heal you. something about that is fishy. I know far to many magical healers making the same claims and will pay 50 for some mushrooms.

i dunno im just board and i think magic mushrooms in video games is always a good topic

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: thedudenj]
    #8228060 - 04/02/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Mario goes without saying.

Katamari has lots of mushrooms

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8228071 - 04/02/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Pokemon
Oblivion
Crysis

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8228079 - 04/02/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

btw his healing cost 60 bucks it sounds like he has a good bussiness for people on mushrooms having a bad trip lol cause i think not only does he get some mushrooms but chances are they will want to get healed getting him 10 bucks and a mushroom.
they also make your walking funny.

theres mushrooms in katamari? do they have special effects.

ill throw a few more on the list onimusha 2 and 4. in 2 you feed them to people and they trip and tell you about it which look like pan copes i belive. in 4 its medicine and they have amanita and psilocybes.

my question is do they do it cause jap culture or cause psychedelic drugs

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #8228089 - 04/02/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

World of Warcraft
Alice
Alice in Wonderland
Work Time Fun (Great mushroom hunting game with pictures of cubes I think)

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8228147 - 04/02/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
holy crap how come so many games have magical mushrooms. i was playing the SNES hit earthbound and its all about psy powers from being in touch with the earth and fly agaric are in it, which when attacked by one and it spreads its spores one will grow from your head inhibiting your healing abiliies also a mushroom grows from your head. if you go to a hospital in the game there is a healer that states"Though you may not believe it, I'm a healerf you have some illness that can not be treated at the hospital its my job to cure you. " next to him is a guy going on about some magic healing thing around the world and says that that guy is a great healing teacher. now he will charge you to get healed or cured but if you have a magic mushroom on your head he will pay you $50 bucks for the mushroom and heal you. something about that is fishy. I know far to many magical healers making the same claims and will pay 50 for some mushrooms.

i dunno im just board and i think magic mushrooms in video games is always a good topic

Not to mention when you go to all 8 of the sanctuary locations, you enter Magicant, a land entirely inside Ness' mind. In order to leave Magicant and continue the game, you must defeat the evil part of Ness' mind. Then at the end of the game, the only thing that can defeat Giygas is the collective energy of everyone that Ness met on his journey. Very psychedelic if you ask me.

Edit: Also, in order to reach the final enemy, you have to surrender your physical body.

--------------------

Edited by LSDreamer (04/02/08 11:02 AM)

Offlinekenneld
Stranger
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: Jair]
    #8228154 - 04/02/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

there's little caramel color mushrooms growing in the woods in zelda twilight princess that look almost exactly like little shrooms.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: kenneld]
    #8228165 - 04/02/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol yeah i havent beat earth bound yet i just started and got Beshroomed. One must note the constant CEVs, and that first attack you get. I have to say this is one of the most psychedelic psychic games. But what do you think is up with the healer people in it sounds fishy to me still.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8228169 - 04/02/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

^Obviously they just want a steady supply of mushies :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8228214 - 04/02/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know if anybody has played The Witcher on PC... but at one point, towards the end of the game your character is told to seek out the druids in the swamp forest because they alone have the power to awaken the stone golems.. blah, blah. Anyways, once you find the Druids they claim that they must make a potion before they can call upon the forces of nature and they send you off to a cave to collect some "psilocybe mushrooms." Once you return with the mushrooms, you guide the druid to the golems and he summons lightning from the sky to awaken them... It was pretty bad ass..

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: two_rivers]
    #8228227 - 04/02/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

lol thats awesome i have a druid friend and he is my blood golem

--------------------

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #8228382 - 04/02/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:

No, not really any special effects. In that game you just roll stuff up.

However, in the opening scene there are amanitas floating around in space. In one of the levels, there are mushroom creatures doing a ritualistic dance in a circle around a large mushroom. One of your cousins is a mushroom, and also there are various trippy looking mushrooms for you to roll up in various levels.

I think a lot of it has to do with jap culture though

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8228531 - 04/02/08 12:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yeah that game, i hear its amazing and i will play it in the future for sure.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: kenneld]
    #8228603 - 04/02/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kenneld said:
there's little caramel color mushrooms growing in the woods in zelda twilight princess that look almost exactly like little shrooms.

Tarin (from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)

Tarin (タリン, Tarin?) is the father of Marin. He has an uncanny resemblance to Mario and shares his love of mushrooms. At the beginning of the game, Tarin gives Link the shield back that he lost due to his being shipwrecked. He is often seen getting himself into wacky situations on his expeditions into Koholint Island's forests. Throughout the course of the game, a magic mushroom he eats transforms him into a mischievous raccoon who hides an important item from Link, and later on gets stung by bees while poking at their honeycomb with a stick. He can sometimes be found in bed at his house in Mabe Village recuperating from these events shortly after they occur. Near the end of the game you see a scene of him holding yet another mushroom/toadstool, indicating that he certainly does not learn from his previous experiences.

A character similar to Tarin appears in Ocarina of Time under the name Talon, who is the father of Malon, a character resembling Tarin's daughter Marin in Link's Awakening.

--------------------

OfflinefaiNt
 User Gallery

Loc: New England, NSW
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: Jair]
    #10486478 - 06/11/09 04:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha WoW is fun man but dont play it anymore ^^

Invisible_myconaut_
INSULT RAMPAGE!!!

Loc: school library
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: faiNt]
    #10486490 - 06/11/09 04:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You can LIVE in giant mushrooms in Morrowind.

--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Loc: Keta-Kosmos
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: _myconaut_]
    #10486616 - 06/11/09 05:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yea ES:Morrowind and ES: Oblivion has shrooms as well as wormwood and morning glory

--------------------
[[[|:.WARNING.:|]]] Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions for forum maintenance purposes only. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#10487105 - 06/11/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:
Quote:

thedudenj said:

No, not really any special effects. In that game you just roll stuff up.

However, in the opening scene there are amanitas floating around in space. In one of the levels, there are mushroom creatures doing a ritualistic dance in a circle around a large mushroom. One of your cousins is a mushroom, and also there are various trippy looking mushrooms for you to roll up in various levels.

I think a lot of it has to do with jap culture though

That game is made for being on some sort of psychedelic.  Some say ecstasy.  I mean...you roll.  That's the point of the game. 

There are some special effects I think, at least in katamari damacy.  There's so many bright colors and every now and then when you do something special, the king will ramble about some secret of the universe or how everyone is connected or something equally as trippy.  Definitely play it if you haven't.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: libertaire]
    #10487119 - 06/11/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

theres a level in mario sunshine full of not only Fly Agaric but what reaaaallly looks like "shrooms"...very underrated and pretty trippy game

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: magic mushrooms in games [Re: the bizzle]
    #10487540 - 06/11/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i wanted to play sunshine but my brother stole it

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds