Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW.
    #8226533 - 04/01/08 10:21 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

Be right back, suckaz.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8226535 - 04/01/08 10:22 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

moonshine?

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: demiu5]
    #8226577 - 04/01/08 10:31 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

No, beer.

Fucked up prices though.

I always buy the same thing, a 6-pack of some local beer.

Sometimes it's cheaper than the liquor store, sometimes it's normal price.

Today, it was like, $8.75.

That is outrageous.

Plus the $1 tip for the local bum outside the place, and thats an almost $10 sixer!

But it is almost three hours after booze sale time.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#8226587 - 04/01/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

i spent almost $18 this evening for a 6 pack of xingu (cold) and a mixed 6 pack of beer (warm)

luckily that will last me most of the week/weekend, in addition to the 6 flying dogs i have left from the variety pack

--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8226589 - 04/01/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

That's not illegal anymore, son!

Sale of beer by liquor stores is allowed until midnight in Wisconsin now!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: circularvortex]
    #8226594 - 04/01/08 10:34 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

This is Milwaukee, son.

Laws are different in the inner city.

Milwaukee County = NO alcohol sales after 9pm.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8226601 - 04/01/08 10:36 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

Well, no carry out sales.

Obviously you can still sit in the bar and drink.

But this is a little Polish Bowling Alley a block from my house.

I don't think these guys would give two shits if the Cops told them not to do it.

--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8226606 - 04/01/08 10:36 PM (16 years, 1 hour ago)

Really? That sucks. They just changed it like a month ago for the state. A couple of the liquor stores in town here now stay open till 12.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#8226746 - 04/01/08 11:10 PM (16 years, 41 minutes ago)

Man, all yall are getting fucked.  In my county liquor sales cut off at 2AM. :tongue:

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Mojo]
    #8226752 - 04/01/08 11:13 PM (16 years, 38 minutes ago)

I know, and this is Wisconsin.

Who would think?

We lead the nation in per capita taverns, but stop liquor sales at midnight.

--------------------

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery
Loc: tennessee
    #8226755 - 04/01/08 11:14 PM (16 years, 38 minutes ago)

Can buy beer here until 3 am at gas stations..can't buy it between 3 and 6 am. Liquor stores close at about 11 on weekends.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#8226766 - 04/01/08 11:16 PM (16 years, 35 minutes ago)

i think liquor stores here close at 10, and beer can't be sold after midnight, although i could be wrong about the beer thing

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#8226773 - 04/01/08 11:18 PM (16 years, 33 minutes ago)

12 is one thing, but 9pm!:eek:

Fuck that.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8226779 - 04/01/08 11:20 PM (16 years, 31 minutes ago)

Yep, 9pm in this county.

BULLSHIT.

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#8226781 - 04/01/08 11:21 PM (16 years, 31 minutes ago)

When is last call?

OfflineHuHEN
I am the Owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Highlands Flag
    #8226783 - 04/01/08 11:21 PM (16 years, 31 minutes ago)

that how it is in madison too. It's so fucking annoying cause me and my friends always have to decide if we are gonna drink early as hell.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8226787 - 04/01/08 11:21 PM (16 years, 30 minutes ago)

Last call is 2.

Thats statewide, I know.

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#8226795 - 04/01/08 11:23 PM (16 years, 29 minutes ago)

Well at least you have that going for you. 

I'd be sneakin beer out of bars. :grin:

OfflineHuHEN
I am the Owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Highlands Flag
    #8226830 - 04/01/08 11:37 PM (16 years, 14 minutes ago)

yeah sucks i'm not 21 though

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8226919 - 04/02/08 12:07 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
No, beer.

Fucked up prices though.

I always buy the same thing, a 6-pack of some local beer.

Sometimes it's cheaper than the liquor store, sometimes it's normal price.

Today, it was like, $8.75.

That is outrageous.

Plus the $1 tip for the local bum outside the place, and thats an almost $10 sixer!

But it is almost three hours after booze sale time.

Dude, that's how much it costs to get the shittiest swill where I live. Fucking vice taxes.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8226925 - 04/02/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That's crazy!

Do you live in Utah?

I had some rather unpleasant experiences this summer with the Utah State Liquor Store in Cedar City...

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #8227110 - 04/02/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

9pm?! What a bummer. Places stay open till 2am here. Not all stores, but some.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Brugman]
    #8227255 - 04/02/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Near where I live there is a 22hour liquor store, and there is a 24hour one opening soon (nearest one to the university lol). But in Vancouver, a 6-pack cost $15, at least here in Montreal I can get 12packs for 12-15.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Cannashroom]
    #8227264 - 04/02/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

$15 for a sixer is nuts.

But at least they don't throw you in prison for marijuana!

I know which I'd rather have.

Freedom > Money

--------------------

Offlinedeadatdusk
Stranger
Male

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #8227467 - 04/02/08 04:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

LOL @ all of you. I live in Las Vegas, you can buy beer in every street corner 24 hours a day. If it weren't the case it'd be considered a sacrilege. When I travel, I barely can survive knowing that stores actually close elsewhere.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: deadatdusk]
    #8227516 - 04/02/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

is it safe to say good night pub?

Offlinebfk
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: sydney, australia.
Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #8227548 - 04/02/08 05:44 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

man there are so many laws in america

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #8228107 - 04/02/08 10:48 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

why would you "tip" the bum outside? :lol:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Boom]
    #8228176 - 04/02/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Because Milwaukee crackheads are scary.

--------------------

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
    #8228285 - 04/02/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah well atleast you guys don't stay in a dry county... unless i wanna drive 30 min to the liquor store i have to buy from a bootlegger... $1 beer $4-6 half pints..... it sucks. Where i used to live in MN the laws sucked too... 9pm closing on mon-thurs 10pm sat-sun no liquor on sunday....

Offlinebeebop
Nasty Prisms My Good Sir
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: My DeLorean
    #8228304 - 04/02/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

our liquor stores close at 7 here, but in the county i live you can buy beer all night long, all week. most of the counties in the state don't allow alcohol sales on sundays...sucks for those late night beer runs.

--------------------
"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
-Aldous Huxley

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: Boom]
    #8228387 - 04/02/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Boom said:

Because he's a local bum.

This place is like, two blocks from my house.  So these are the same bums that are always walking around in front of my place at all hours of the day an night.

In my experience, it's pretty smart to keep on good terms with these guys.  I've had them tell me "Hey, there were some kids messing around your car last night but I gave them a good yell..."

Not random bums, but helpful bums.

--------------------

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
    #8228434 - 04/02/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

Boom said:

Because he's a local bum.

This place is like, two blocks from my house.  So these are the same bums that are always walking around in front of my place at all hours of the day an night.

In my experience, it's pretty smart to keep on good terms with these guys.  I've had them tell me "Hey, there were some kids messing around your car last night but I gave them a good yell..."

Not random bums, but helpful bums.

:thumbup: very good idea. when i lived in the city i used to do the same.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: After-Hours Illegal Liquor Store, FTW. [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #8228497 - 04/02/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yep.

I figure if I lived on Michigan Ave. or Fifth Ave. in some fancy high-rise that I'd have a doorman for security, right?

But I live in the hood, so I have a bum.

Same thing, but only a dollar a day!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates