Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Loc: East MS
When to transplant weed sprouts
    #8187556 - 03/24/08 02:30 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

ok, so i saved the seeds from a dub or two, and had about 25 total. I did the wet tissue thing to germinate them and about 15 germinated. so far in a peanutbutter jar 9 have sprouted to about an inch high with four small leaves on the top.

my question is, when do i need to transplant them to their own container?

this was just a little something to see it it would work, cuz it would be cheaper than buying my bud. so far i water twice a day and put them by my window behind black curtains.

temp is about 70-80 during the day, and they recieve plenty of sunlight.

when and into what should i transplant them? i have to hide them from my parents too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinematchead
exscuse me whilei kiss this sky
Male

Loc: your head
Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: ChrisofMS]
    #8187637 - 03/24/08 02:53 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

I usually transplant them from a starting container as soon as the first set of true leaves are about a inch or so long, and you should not be growing nine plants in one container actually I wouldn't put two plants in the same container. Put each individual plant into something like half a 2 liter bottle and let them veg a couple weeks until they start showing sex. Why do you have to hide them? If you really need to hide them from your parents you only have two options

1.)grow outdoors.

2.)disguise a small grow box and throw it in your closet.

And dude its the fucking internet I have but one last thing to say :google:

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: matchead]
    #8187729 - 03/24/08 03:17 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

:google:Doesnt really have specific information about transplanting marijuana specifically, but thanks anyway. Ill look up a simple growbox.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#8188296 - 03/24/08 05:43 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

uh, man, you need to check how you search on google.

that was the first link out of like 80,000 dealing with transplanting and seedling care :wink:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Edited by royer9864 (03/25/08 05:38 AM)

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: coda]
    #8189645 - 03/24/08 10:39 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

ok its seems you transplant just like a tree basically, that site didnt help since i didnt use those cubes.

i got this book to help me out, it has day by day pictures and instructions for under 100$.

Unfortunately, its not for concealed growing but the info and pics are great. BTW, what is the minimum hight for a concealed box. will my plant grow 6 feet tall, or in a 3 litre bucket grow to 24 inches. i can make a concealed box, but its only about 32 inches high.

Edited by royer9864 (03/26/08 05:03 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#8189849 - 03/24/08 11:43 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

well if you're going to go with a fluro setup then a 32 inch box would be just fine.  You'll just need to start flowering your plants when they're still pretty young.  If you could fit another 4-8 inches in there it would help a lot to have extra room.

Look into ScOG growing, Low Stress Training, and bonsai grows if you want to do some searching on forums.  Check out hg420 they have a micro grow forum that would be perfect for your needs when the book doesn't help.

You can get some ok bud from fluro's, the yield won't be too great and the buds won't be too dense, but the smoke should be worth it in the end.  If you had an extra 400 bucks you could pick up a 250 watt HPS and a nice in line fan and get a little more out of your grow, but, that's up to you.

Good luck man, welcome to a serious addiction :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Edited by royer9864 (03/25/08 05:39 AM)

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: coda]
    #8192452 - 03/25/08 05:03 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

thats what i have so far, 8 sprouts are growing in that container which is 3 ltrs. i put the light about 4 inches from the sprouts, its a 100 watt UVA bulb for my pet snake. its just until they are big enough to clone i guess because i live in MS and can grow outside in a month a two. Will this work so far until they get bigger?

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #8193425 - 03/25/08 08:09 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

My prediction is every one dies when you try to transplant.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: Jadian]
    #8193446 - 03/25/08 08:13 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

ya... those are still on their cotydelons

dude u should have germinated them in peat pellets or something, so u could just plant the wholke thing when its ready

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8193637 - 03/25/08 08:51 PM (16 years, 7 days ago)

well, too late now. any suggestions instead of predictions? or will it be a fluke if anything happens to grow from those?

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8196372 - 03/26/08 12:39 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

My suggestion would be to wait until they've got 3-4 sets of decent leaves because then the root masses will *probably* be well enough developed that you can transplant by cutting around each plant without chopping too many roots.

The only reason I say this is because I did the same thing my first time trying and it ended with everything dying and my friends showing me the right way.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: When to transplant weed sprouts *DELETED* [Re: Jadian]
    #8197205 - 03/26/08 04:00 PM (16 years, 6 days ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: Chemy]
    #8223938 - 04/01/08 11:36 AM (16 years, 20 hours ago)

i dont think youll even have time to let them mature, cuz if they do, all the roots are gunna get tangled together, and youll have to cut them up to much for the plant to handle.

so i guess my official advise is give up and start over.

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: clover606]
    #8224815 - 04/01/08 03:47 PM (16 years, 15 hours ago)

they are all in different pots now, and all of them are doing pretty well. My only concern is that there is an inch between the bottom round leaves and the first set of true leaves, i think my light source is too far away because they all seem to be really tall. i have 8 of them each in separate pots and their all pretty healthy except that i think they are kinda tall, i cant really do anything tho with the lighting, so when should i stake them to keep them upright?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#8224874 - 04/01/08 04:00 PM (16 years, 15 hours ago)

do it now, get a small fan and have it blow gently over them. This will strengthen the stems and help prevent leaning or bending. Also if you're using fluros you can pretty much put them right on top of the plants, i wouldn't let them touch the bulbs, but they can get damn close.

--------------------

-JG

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#8225449 - 04/01/08 05:45 PM (16 years, 13 hours ago)

If they stretch too much you can always do this:

--------------------

OfflineChrisofMS
Stranger
Male

Re: When to transplant weed sprouts [Re: Jadian]
    #8226270 - 04/01/08 09:16 PM (16 years, 10 hours ago)

pretzel pot sounds badass, i live in MS so most will go outside in a few weeks anyway, but i plan on keeping two in my closet to compare their growth with the outdoor plants. im trying the fan idea right now.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds