Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game.
    #8225910 - 04/01/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I love how the announcer is awkwardly silent during the boos. :lol:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #8226121 - 04/01/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What, no snipers in the nosebleeds? :undecided:

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #8226127 - 04/01/08 08:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

that must feel awful lol...He must of felt like a piece of shit after that.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: aDoS]
    #8226163 - 04/01/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
He must of felt like a piece of shit after that.

I think that's pretty appropriate that he feel like a piece of shit because, well, ya know.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: aDoS]
    #8226410 - 04/01/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
that must feel awful lol...He must of felt like a piece of shit after that.

If you think he gives a fuck, you're delusional.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8226434 - 04/01/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes when you look at his face you see the same expression as that of a kid who got lost and wandered off from his family in an amusement park.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
    #8226453 - 04/01/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I couldn't agree more. :kingtard:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: dill705]
    #8226462 - 04/01/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just understand that MANY of the Presidents of the United States have undertaken actions during their term that the populace as a whole did not agree with. Sometimes this disapproval was extremely vocal.

In many, if not most of these cases the course of action the President has taken, while unpopular at the time, has proven in the long run to have been the right thing to do.

Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War.
Truman and the Korean War.
Roosevelt and the New Deal.
Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase.
Etc, etc.

Anyone who reads my posts here knows that I hate George Bush and think he is quite possibly the worst President we've ever had. I think his policies are absolutely ruinous and have little or no basis in actual fact.

But to him, this DOES NOT matter one whit. He is absolutely convinced, both by his own temperament and the words of the advisers he surrounds himself with that his Presidency is on a similar path to the ones I mentioned above.

It's not that he doesn't think he's hated. He knows that. He can read the newspapers. It's not that he's not smart enough to realize that. He just has an almost religious certainty that he is infallibly correct.

He is absolutely convinced that history will prove him to have been correct.

That's why he doesn't care what you think.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8227052 - 04/02/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Deep down he cares, and he cries inside of himself, but with no one to console him he turns his sadness and fears inward and decends into dementia. Like, or something, y'know?

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8227112 - 04/02/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I was watching this.

I have to say, a part of me as a decent human being (I'd like to think of myself as such, at least) felt sympathy for him. I mean, being booed by 35,000+ people (the cheers were a vast minority, I don't care how subsequent articles reported it in their coverage) definitely hurts. You could see the frustration in his face. That being said, my sympathy did not last long.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8227113 - 04/02/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No, I disagree completely.

:blush:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8227511 - 04/02/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I have to say, a part of me as a decent human being (I'd like to think of myself as such, at least) felt sympathy for him.

You're like Frodo. :hehehe:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Disco Cat]
    #8227542 - 04/02/08 05:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

> What, no snipers in the nosebleeds? :undecided:

No, the snipers are in Hillary's story, not Bush' story.  :wink:

> I love how the announcer is awkwardly silent during the boos.

A quiet moment to show respect.

> I mean, being booed by 35,000+ people

... shows just how happy his employers with his job performance.  Unfortunately, Bush forgot that he is the employee, not the employer/"decider".  For that alone, he deserves every boo he gets.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblecottlestonpie
wanderer
I'm a teapot

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8229587 - 04/02/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
You could see the frustration in his face. That being said, my sympathy did not last long.

I agree, i can also see the frustration , he looked like he wanted to cry.

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #8229596 - 04/02/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

He didn't look like he had a lot of pride seeing how history will prove his greatness.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #8230492 - 04/02/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

History will be re-writt... err... history will vindicate him just like with Reagan.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8230704 - 04/02/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i don't see it. i heard just as many people cheering as booing; it's easier to hear boos than cheers, just because of the dynamic/physical differences between those sounds.

not defending the man, just stating what i heard.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8231225 - 04/02/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

if by vindicate you mean completely distorted, then, yes.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Syle]
    #8231977 - 04/03/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

[quoteit's easier to hear boos than cheers]

No way, higher pitched sound is percieved to be louder at the same decibel level as a lower pitched sound.

Listen to the stand up bass in a 7 piece jazz band, you'll understand.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #8232282 - 04/03/08 05:05 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

> Listen to the stand up bass in a 7 piece jazz band, you'll understand.

Or compare the number of tubas to the number of piccolos (high pitch flute) in a marching band. There may be ten or more tubas (low pitch horn), but only a single piccolo.

Edit:

Just noticed this is political discussion and not S&T. Apologies for going off topic.

--------------------

Edited by Seuss (04/03/08 05:06 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Seuss]
    #8232360 - 04/03/08 06:06 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Now I'm curious to hear what you said.

It's not really off-topic if it's a discussion of the political subject. Was he booed more heavily than he was cheered? I think it's a valid discussion.

If you have some insight that would give us more information why should you edit it?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Seuss]
    #8232670 - 04/03/08 09:21 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I hear about 40% cheer there.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8232857 - 04/03/08 10:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't hear any booing, and I have heard this before with booing.

It doesn't matter how much of an amoral tool you are, being surrounded by thousands of people booing you is unsettling, to say the least.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8240021 - 04/04/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wonder how many snipers were out there...so much green...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8241220 - 04/05/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Good, motherfucker deserved it. RIP BM.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8241283 - 04/05/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

> Wonder how many snipers were out there...so much green...

As I mentioned before, wrong story... Hillary is the one that likes to pretend there are snipers around while Bush is the one that likes to pretend that he prevented Vietnam from invading the US mainland.

--------------------

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

#8242492 - 04/05/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Yeah, I hear about 40% cheer there.

I'd put it closer to 30%. Like his approval rating :lol:

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8242935 - 04/05/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I agree, but it is a baseball game and the only bigtime baseball fans I know are right wingers...

Not that leftys are not baseball fans, but shit, baseball is what churches play in the summer.

Maybe B-Rock's church plays B-Ball, but they're clearly a little left leaning :werd:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8243055 - 04/05/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
I agree, but it is a baseball game and the only bigtime baseball fans I know are right wingers...

Are you kidding? You have to be reasonably intelligent to appreciate baseball, and you have to be as dumb as a fucking post to be a Republican.

The two are mutually exclusive except for the rare exception where a person might actually be just bright enough to understand the Infield Fly rule but still unable to comprehend exactly how George Bush has swindled them into The War and The Recession.

You'll see more Bush bumper stickers at a NASCAR race or an NFL game. They generally like their sports like their politics; nasty, loud, and easy to understand.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8243078 - 04/05/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Who doesn't understand the infield fly rule?

But, in anycase, I was only speaking from experience, remember that I'm from a republican, slowly developing farm town with a graduating class of 160.

Most people I know from there are liberal in the sense that CNN is liberal (centrist), and the rest are dumb hicks that can't think for themselves.

But there was that one hot, smart bitch that I always liked until I had her in our Senior Government class. She was totally republican and would debate me all the time and lose, she just had no real backup with facts...

Anyways, after that, I still wanted to fuck her, only really hard to fuck some sence into her.  :jiggy:

o0o BTW, she loved baseball...

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8243094 - 04/05/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If you can find yourself a pretty one that likes baseball, I would snatch her up.

You can always work on her politics later.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8243119 - 04/05/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

She's loaded too, her dad is my hometown dentist.

She killed a girl in 8th grade in a very tradgic 4-wheeler accident and she's (from my perspective) got a lot to work through still, and I personally have enough problems to deal with.

I mean, dealing with killing your best friend seems like a fucking big deal ya know? To the best of my knowledge, friends of hers, etc, she's never really connected with anyone to really talk about it. Sounds pent up to me.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

#8243189 - 04/05/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

They generally like their sports like their politics; nasty, loud, and easy to understand.

That's a frigging gem.  :dielaughing:

In all seriousness I doubt there is much of a correlation between baseball fandom and political leanings. It's especially hard to make this case being a Red Sox fan in Boston surrounded by godless, commie, liberals (heh).  I'd guess the Nats' stadium was a reasonable political cross-section IMO.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8243207 - 04/05/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I personally don't think many sports are easier to understand than baseball. There are a few rules that slip some by, but shit, football comes down to rules that change damn near every year.

That shit can be hard to follow sometimes.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8243229 - 04/05/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I disagree completely.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. *DELETED* [Re: dill705]
    #8243236 - 04/05/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: Reason for deleting?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #8243297 - 04/05/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

dill705 said:

Are you kidding? You have to be reasonably intelligent to appreciate baseball, and you have to be as dumb as a fucking post to be a Republican.

Oh really? I'll put my understanding of baseball up against your misunderstanding of baseball any day

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8243307 - 04/05/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes said:
I'd guess the Nats' stadium was a reasonable political cross-section IMO.

No, I don't think so. They elect crackheads to be mayor as long as there's a D in front of his name.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8243318 - 04/05/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

dill705 said:

Oh really? I'll put my understanding of baseball up against your misunderstanding of baseball any day

I said there are exceptions. I happen to know you're an intelligent guy. I can't for the life of me understand how you've come to the political beliefs that you have, but I respect your ability to elucidate and rationalize them.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8243385 - 04/05/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Much of my political opinion comes from an understanding of human behaviour. Specifically, as elucidated by the principles of the behaviourists.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8245717 - 04/06/08 07:57 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So Zappa, you prefer "non gay" christian guys soliciting gay sex in airport bathrooms over "crackheads" with the the D in front of their name?

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: President Bush being booed at Washington Nationals game. [Re: Chemy]
    #8245728 - 04/06/08 08:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Quote:

dill705 said:
I personally don't think many sports are easier to understand than baseball. There are a few rules that slip some by, but shit, football comes down to rules that change damn near every year.

That shit can be hard to follow sometimes.

1 word, NASCAR.

I don't even consider NASCAR a sport, but for those that do, are you saying baseball is easier to follow than NASCAR?

I don't consider nascar a sport. I don't even capitalize it. But how did a smart guy like you take that away from what I said? Few sports are easier to understand than baseball. Like tennis.

Tennis is pretty easy to understand. nascar is a redneck fanclub, kinda like tractor pulls.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8245874 - 04/06/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
So Zappa, you prefer "non gay" christian guys soliciting gay sex in airport bathrooms over "crackheads" with the the D in front of their name?

Nope. They are both douchebags. Surely you realize there is a whole universe of douchebaggery available for humans to embrace. I was merely refuting someone's foolish notion that the populace of Washington DC and environs is in any way evenly divided between liberal and conservative. DC is overwhelmingly liberal.

But that was a nice attempt to raise a straw man, deflect a point and generally utter nonsense. I always appreciate a strong effort. Even t3h stoopit ones.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8245944 - 04/06/08 09:53 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I really find your behaviorism influence in politics to be interesting, but you didn't elaborate...

I take it that you mean you don't support welfare, because that's a positive reinforcement of "bad" behavior?

Hopefully there is more to this, believe it or not, you may be on track to change some of my opinions here.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8245965 - 04/06/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You are quite correct in your general assessment. I do not believe in rewarding undesirable behavior.

Another concept from my psychology years (at least I got something other than disgust out of it) is that of The Dignity of Risk. There is no dignity in being coddled and cosseted in a hermetically sealed safety net one's entire life. It encourages even more risk taking and makes the individual an even greater burden on the rest of the nation. People need to be allowed to fail and to know that that is a possibility. Otherwise, where is the glory of success? Nowhere, it has been taken out, like those ridiculous rules whereby they no longer keep score in schoolyard games.

There is a psychopathology wherein certain individuals lose the fear reflex. They almost invariably die young.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246033 - 04/06/08 10:30 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I agree for the most part. My own story involves failure, and not to long after failure I have my GED, am enrolled in college, got a job, got an apartment, grow my own shrooms. I'm making out since I hit bottom.

What do you think about social security, medicare, disability, and the like?

To me it seems like we can't just get rid of all forms of help. Sometimes they are necessary, like when my dad broke his neck. My mom got another job, I helped out, yet we had to have a benefit dinner to raise the money to pay our bills for 3 months. Without help from the community, my family would have suffered unnecessarily.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8246117 - 04/06/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I believe in a certain level of help for the truly unfortunate. People who choose to buy homes in areas that cannot be covered by insurance should consider it a warning that there is great risk there. They get fuck all. Likewise stupid breeders. There are few things known to man that can ruin your life more than a baby you can't afford. Being unemployable because you are covered in piercings and tattoos is likewise bullshit as is being a junky or a drunk.

Social Security is a fucking disastrous Ponzi scheme. If they had invested the money instead of spending it like crackwhores it would have been great. Instead, they gave it to welfare moms. Moynihan warned against welfare and he was as liberal as they come. I made a huge post analysis about Soc Sec some years ago. Maybe I can find it. What to do with soc sec now? Raise the retirement age for one thing. 65 was set when people lived ten years or more less than they do now. If you want to retire at 65 you damn well better take care of your finances yoourself. How there became a notion that someone had the right to retire, on the gummint titty, when they are quite capable of working is beyond me. Well no, it isn't beyond me, I know exactly where it came from. Liberal handouts. Liars telling lies to get votes.
Quote:

A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1046973/posts
I can't post that quote enough.

Sinmilar principles can apply to foreign policy but behavior modification is only successful when consistently applied. At the time the Iraq War began there was near unanimous support. A message that a resolute America would send to various bad actors could have been quite helpful. Unfortunately, a short-minded electorate has been pandered to by some of the very same people who voted for it in the first place. And the constant criticism of the prosecution of the war is nonsensical Monday Morning quarterbacking. Theater critics given a huge column on the NYTimes OpEd page do not suddenly accrue any credibility on matters of the real world. Especially when they incessantly lie.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8246127 - 04/06/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm with until you started talking about The Great Swindle that was this War.

I agree with everything else.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246146 - 04/06/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
I'm with until you started talking about The Great Swindle that was this War.

I agree with everything else.

Shit, I even agree that welfare was/is liberal handouts in return for votes.

Capitalism as it stands today is one giant ponzi scheme, just so that you know. Check out wiccan_seekers sig, it's got a real cool link to a movie about money.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8246166 - 04/06/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I :heart: Capitalism, but the real kind.  Not the stuff the Republicans are perpetrating as Capitalism today where companies take big risks and then get hand-outs from their friends in the Administration when the risks don't work out.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246238 - 04/06/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know, it seems like a giant ponzi to me. The banks loan the "money", but really it's just a piece of paper representing the money owed to the bank through another loan.

Then they add interest. How do you pay interest? Interest makes no sense, it's what makes this a ponzi scheme. Eventually the entire system will collapse.

Someone please explain to me how, with a set amount of money made, we can pay that money back, plus more that was never made.

Plus, capitaliam is completely dependant on growth, but how is this sustainable? The world is already overpopulated, resources will run out, etc...

I think changes in more than just the current administration need to be made here.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8246257 - 04/06/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think you are misapplying Capitalism to capitalism as currently practiced, which has rather a large amount of baggage attached. And interest is fine. It certainly has it's place. Think of it as rent.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246267 - 04/06/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, if by baggage you mean the federal reserve bank.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8246277 - 04/06/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:ronpaul:

I'm not sure how that was never made a smiley.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246298 - 04/06/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Why don't you suggest it? Ythan likes RP.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8246305 - 04/06/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

A little pointless now, dontcha think?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8246378 - 04/06/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No, not really. It would have been sweet in your last post.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

#8247125 - 04/06/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
:ronpaul:

I'm not sure how that was never made a smiley.

This will have to do. :lol: Sorry this hasn't gotten old for me yet.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8247133 - 04/06/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That's what that pic is all over the boards for? :lol:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies