Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehighc
creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: maryland
Animals and Psilocybin
    #8221307 - 03/31/08 07:39 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Is it fair to let an animal experience a psychedelic trip. Psilocybin can give one such beautiful visions of self. An animal should have the same right i believe. I mean give animal small amount to see how it reacts. I had a dog eat shrooms and have a good trip. It would be easy to get them in the right setting and mind state. Give a dog a pigs ear or something. Drawback is animal wont really know what to make of it and not see it coming. But in all fairness anyone using a psychedelic may not know what to make of their trip or see what is coming.
Is it ok to let an animal expierience a trip?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/31/08 12:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: highc]
    #8221314 - 03/31/08 07:41 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

i hate threads like this

i vote NO

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #8221329 - 03/31/08 07:46 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Ah, no. It's not good for the animal and wastes good shrooms.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8221331 - 03/31/08 07:46 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

uhh if they eat it then thats there choice

but purposely dosing animals with psychedelics is not right...

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#8221346 - 03/31/08 07:50 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

I don't see anything wrong with it if you leave a very small amount out and an animal makes the decision to eat it. I have a big problem with people who force feed animals drugs or lace their food with it though.

--------------------
]

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: Wysefool]
    #8221358 - 03/31/08 07:53 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Invalid poll.

Also if you think your animal will know what to think during this experience well you just might have downs synrome.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8221371 - 03/31/08 07:58 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Wysefool said:
I don't see anything wrong with it if you leave a very small amount out and an animal makes the decision to eat it. I have a big problem with people who force feed animals drugs or lace their food with it though.

so if i leave a bunch of dark chocolate out for my dog to get, its his fault that he dies right?

yea that makes perfect sense

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8221376 - 03/31/08 07:59 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

poll is not invalid, you either think it is ok or not

STAL is not needed.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8221396 - 03/31/08 08:01 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

highc said:
Is it fair to let an animal experience a psychedelic trip. Psilocybin can give one such beautiful visions of self. An animal should have the same right i believe. I mean give animal small amount to see how it reacts. I had a dog eat shrooms and have a good trip. It would be easy to get them in the right setting and mind state. Give a dog a pigs ear or something. Drawback is animal wont really know what to make of it and not see it coming. But in all fairness anyone using a psychedelic may not know what to make of their trip or see what is coming.

How do you know the animal is even experiencing the same things you are? Is your brain the same as a dog's? Do you have the same receptor sites that they do? Is it possible to have a bad experience with psychedelics? You say an animal has a right to something, I say you are making a decision for the animal without its consent.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#8221400 - 03/31/08 08:02 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

do you have downs syndrome?

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8221502 - 03/31/08 08:19 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

They aren't sentient, and therefore there is no use in giving them psychedelics; the have no sense of self, so they won't be able to relate their experience with their life.

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #8221510 - 03/31/08 08:20 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

the have no sense of self

are you God?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8221520 - 03/31/08 08:21 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Pffft...

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: Atheist]
    #8221570 - 03/31/08 08:34 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Atheist said:
the have no sense of self

are you God?

Yes. :bowdown: :kingcrankey:

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8221573 - 03/31/08 08:35 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

They experience themselves completely differently than we do. To say "they're not sentient" is so...presumptuous. We barely know ANYTHING about how our OWN consciousness functions, how are we to presume that animals don't experience a sense of self? Just because they don't use tools and express their consciousness through interaction with the environment? Doesn't make sense to me.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8221583 - 03/31/08 08:39 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

animals are robots :lol:

Offline86jbmccr
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8221602 - 03/31/08 08:43 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

I think it's irresponsible. No one deserves to be dosed with anything without knowledge of what they're taking. Though as a side note: I have mixed feelings of drugs being used on animals, however in a professional context I have less problems.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8221624 - 03/31/08 08:46 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

If you spend time with dogs it seems so obvious that they are sentient. They have the same basic brain structure they we do, they experience the same basic emotions, such fear, anger, happiness etc. The difference between humans and other animals is that humans have developed the ability to question self. We ask what we are? Why are we? How are we?. Other animals have a self, they just don't have the ability to question it. They just "are", without any need to question, they just experience it, which is beautiful and natural in its own way. If they did have the ability to question it, they would start to express these questions to each other through some form of philosophy just like we do. They would develop there own form of complex language and there own music etc.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

Re: Animals and Psilocybin [Re: Atheist]
    #8221632 - 03/31/08 08:47 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Atheist said:
Quote:

Wysefool said:

so if i leave a bunch of dark chocolate out for my dog to get, its his fault that he dies right?

yea that makes perfect sense

Did you miss the part where I said a small amount? Is it my fault if I let my dog outside to run in a field and there happens to be poisonous mushrooms there I didn't know about that he eats? I doubt that if he came across some cocoa seeds in the wild and ate his fill he would die, it's us concentrating it into a chocolate bar that makes it so dangerous.

--------------------
]

Offlinesuomynona
Stranger

#8221875 - 03/31/08 09:28 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Don't force them to, if they want to on their own thats their deal.

Anything else is animal abuse

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies