Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Your brain is God [Re: Phishe]
    #8204567 - 03/28/08 12:14 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
An alright book none the less

i thought it was very disappointing as a book. to me, each chapter read like an introduction to a chapter about the given topic should lead. leary basically puts forth one idea after another without ever elaborating on any of them. the book also illustrates his departure from science as it consists of essentially nothing but his own psychedelic induced theories without any real facts or research supporting them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Your brain is God [Re: deCypher]
    #8204570 - 03/28/08 12:15 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
I think the main problem with these kinds of arguments is that the starting terms are not well-defined and not everyone can agree on a common definition... what do we mean by God? What do we mean by mind?

This is not an argument for me.

My god is science.

Just like I am a reflection of god, god is the beginning of reflection.

Why the hell would any sect come to a common definition.
Clearly science is my road to my own personal definition of one true god.
That is not the case in any major religion.

I think I did a pretty good job of explaining my god in short hand and sure as hell was not arguing about it.

I think when people talk about god they argue too damn much.

Call god what you will, but it will always be beyond your argumentative human words.

Creativity is my god, and god is the beginning of creation.
When finding your own perception of god, I feel science and creative thinking go hand in hand.

You will always be a part of what god really means on this earth.

What you feel is god is what is in question.

I believe god is the axiom of the universe.
Time aside, big bang or not.

Sorry if thats above anyones grasp, just sounds insane, or doesnt sound religious enough for some of you.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Your brain is God [Re: porcupine]
    #8204579 - 03/28/08 12:18 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
Quote:

Phishe said:

i thought it was very disappointing as a book. to me, each chapter read like an introduction to a chapter about the given topic should lead. leary basically puts forth one idea after another without ever elaborating on any of them. the book also illustrates his departure from science as it consists of essentially nothing but his own psychedelic induced theories without any real facts or research supporting them.

yes, i guess you're right. I never read the book all the way through but I used it as a reference for some psychedelic experiences. I mainly read the chapters on ego loss, and preps as they were the most interesting.

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

Re: Your brain is God [Re: yageman]
    #8204581 - 03/28/08 12:20 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

The Cypher said:
I think the main problem with these kinds of arguments is that the starting terms are not well-defined and not everyone can agree on a common definition... what do we mean by God? What do we mean by mind?

This is not an argument for me.

My god is science.

Just like I am a reflection of god, god is the beginning of reflection.

Why the hell would any sect come to a common definition.
Clearly science is my road to my own personal definition of one true god.
That is not the case in any major religion.

I think I did a pretty good job of explaining my god in short hand and sure as hell was not arguing about it.

I think when people talk about god they argue too damn much.

Call god what you will, but it will always be beyond your argumentative human words.

Creativity is my god, and god is the beginning of creation.
When finding your own perception of god, I feel science and creative thinking go hand in hand.

You will always be a part of what god really means on this earth.

What you feel is god is what is in question.

I believe god is the axiom of the universe.
Time aside, big bang or not.

Sorry if thats above anyones grasp, just sounds insane, or doesnt sound religious enough for some of you.

Balingish! in the good words of my other worldly friend.

Itès not above anyones grasps ahehhhuuuaaah!11

But you know waht though, no one can rightfully agree with what youève just said... because you are a reflection of God and just like boom shakalaka the point is made

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
    #8204619 - 03/28/08 12:28 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
Quote:

porcupine said:
Quote:

Phishe said:

yes, i guess you're right. I never read the book all the way through but I used it as a reference for some psychedelic experiences. I mainly read the chapters on ego loss, and preps as they were the most interesting.

i'm surprised you never read it through, as it was a very short book (another thing i found disappointing). i believe timothy leary himself later said that he felt many of the books he had written weren't that good.

i do praise leary for promoting ego loss as being a major goal of the psychedelic experience though. it seems there are many people who take psychedelics without ever experiencing what leary referred to as "the illuminated state".

Edited by porcupine (03/28/08 12:30 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#8204623 - 03/28/08 12:29 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I worship nothing, but acknowledge god.

I admire the beauty of the god I believe in.

I didnt do anything wrong by joking about or simply saying that.

I didnt ridicule others.

Ok I called one dude a skank, but that was just because he doesnt "read good" and I was trying to articulate the scope of my own perception of god.

Im glad life exists, because if no life ever existed, there would be nothing to mirror and enjoy this grand universe.

I thank the universe for my consciousness, pain and joy etc.
I thank the axiom most of all.
The body of god, as sciency as this sounds.

Not trying to start a cult or something.

Science is my consciousness borne axiom, fixated toward an understanding of god.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

#8204635 - 03/28/08 12:34 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Sorry if I offended you, I did not mean to do that.

You didnèt need to articulate anything beyond the scope of God and that is where heart of this problem exists.

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

A spot of Sunshine: We are energy,... matter is energy that simply has been reduced to a crawl and condensed together to form something.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Your brain is God [Re: g00ru]
    #8204719 - 03/28/08 01:11 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

I'm not really sure what our brains are for, they enable us to experience our lives the way we do...I guess what I have thought about is that we do create our own reality, but we also have our own conscious, that we act upon with all our actions, so that to me is kind of like a God, telling me what I should and shouldn't do.

But I wonder if there's a much bigger world out there, and we are just experiencing one plane of existance...maybe there's infinite planes. But perhaps, maybe not, and we think about this question too much because maybe in all actuality, nothing happens when you die. Or maybe we don't actually ever die...we just merely live in different bodies and we keep assuming new levels of existance through our conscience that is somehow released when we die...I have no idea.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlineshadowed
Nestled in theback of yourmind
Male

Loc: the SW
Re: Your brain is God [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8204733 - 03/28/08 01:18 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Let's make it a poll.... Is your brain god Yes or No

toss in anything else for some flavor.

--------------------
Life is just a flashback...

I may have gone a bit too far, I fear
Will I get out of it this time?
What was I thinking, taking this leap
I thought I knew where we would go
If only I knew, I had no idea.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Your brain is God [Re: allisthesame]
    #8204737 - 03/28/08 01:20 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

allisthesame said:
Sorry if I offended you, I did not mean to do that.

You didnèt need to articulate anything beyond the scope of God and that is where heart of this problem exists.

I didnt think you were trying to offend me.
If anything I tried to offend you because you asked me a dumb question.
I was just kidding though.

I think that was an interesting post.

I dont think there is any problem there.

People just do what they can when trying to understand god.
Some dont care to look, and some just see the common old religions.

If god is found everywhere, as I feel "it" is, then we are all just here, fathoming the unfathomable.

Im not even going to start with an afterlife scenario.

I think what god wants is for its mirror to stop shedding blood and to change.
"The spirit can rise free"

To stop being so disgusting and depraved.

The golden mean.
A team.

Lots of kids learn team work in soccer practice here in the US.

That doesnt mean some country is not going to be blown to shit nuke-style because we are all so fucking stupid and incapable of taking part in simple team work, and countries like us, and we dont even care until we think, "well I wish we had been able to deal with this before this sort of inhuman bullshit".

The guy who pushes the button played soccer or baseball too.

Disease.

God is not going to help us now.

Thats how important we are.

We are the word of god and evil.
I think its all god including evil, and consciousness must prevail or we are going to blow ourselves to shit.

Im gonna be really sad when we all die because we didnt fucking understand anything yet we knew science, money, and killing.

It will be real fucking ironic when the shit hits the fan.

We will have had it all, and we blew it.

I cant tell you how many nuke blast dreams I have had, or dreams like a nuke blast but with the opposite effect.

Its all so damn ironic to me.

The insanity needs to stop, or we are going to kill ourselves.

Those in the US, good luck.

Peter Tosh, RIP.

If you dont see it, we are at an end, and need to progress with our technology, not regress or we all die.

End rant:

To draw blood is not right.
No need for it.
We are too smart for that, but we regress to the pits of hell all to often.

FIGURE IT OUT

fuck bush and all he represents.

OK
now, end rant.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineallisthesame
Stranger

#8204766 - 03/28/08 01:39 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

See, I liek ranting for some reason... I mean, why else would I pose such a stupid question.

Oh well... nice read... now if everyone else thought liek you.

--------------------
Guess what?; You...

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Your brain is God [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8205060 - 03/28/08 06:06 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

this gave me a wonderful thought (hypothetical of course)
that your brain, from t=0, is recording every possible piece of information, and storing it, for release upon death :smile:
That when you die, your brain just dumps everything, including the stimuli you didn't 'see' because your brain didnt process it, it just stored it ^_^.

oh lord, it would be intense if the brain's true potential were to be awakened upon death.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Your brain is God [Re: deranger]
    #8205061 - 03/28/08 06:06 AM (16 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:

check out this video

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229

Wow! That was the single most awesome, moving, valuable, meaningful, and informative piece of information I have gleaned from this site to date.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. Highly recommended.
N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8214911 - 03/30/08 02:34 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said: experienced zen monks can slow if not stop the activity of thought/firing of neurons in their brain through meditation.

Sources?

I'm highly skeptical that zen monks can "stop" the firing of neurons in their brain upon command... It's known that they can slow their heartbeat and control other usually autonomic functions of the nervous system, and perhaps what you're referring to is the monk's ability to meditate themselves into a theta brainwave state, where the usual frequency of neurons firing is lowered from the alpha state (8 to 12 hz) down to 4 to 7 hz. "Stopping" neural activity simply by thinking though, seems like bullshit to me.

Interesting video, BTW. I guess we can add strokes to the list of things including psychedelics that allow people to catch a glimpse of Samadhi.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: Your brain is God [Re: deCypher]
    #8214988 - 03/30/08 02:51 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

well isn't slowing stopping some of the activity/patterns? stopping it altogether no...

Offlineohmyradical
Stranger

#8215064 - 03/30/08 03:10 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Everything is God. Everything comes from the same light, we are all energy. Our brains are the greatest physical representation of God on earth, for humans are intelligent and higher life forms and I believe we are the only ones able to transcend the weakness that brought us into this physical world. We are first in line to conform with that which gave birth to everything, but only if we are strong.

Have any DMT-ers here ever seen what you perceive to be another human soul in DMT space along with the elves and other entities? I have several times, and it was being tortured. The entities told me that unless I clear myself of my weakness when I die, my fate will ultimately be that of punishment before I am brought back to the world. I never believed in reincarnation, but such experiences have led me to take on Buddhist view of afterlife.

Sorry for the tangent, but my thought connect abnormally.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/sammyvmusic
this is music i made.

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Your brain is God [Re: ohmyradical]
    #8215148 - 03/30/08 03:25 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

We are all God's Debris.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom