Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSitar
Musicologist
Male

Loc: Mid-West
Hi there... new username & new projects
    #8214110 - 03/30/08 11:51 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Hello all! This is one of my first posts here under this new name. I used to be a regular here with a different name years ago (from 1999 to 2002). I've been growing mushrooms on and off for 12 years.

I started off with the classic PF tek back in 1996, then later started using cased trays/pans, and then a few years ago experimented with whole grains and wheat straw. Then best substrate I've worked with was composted manure, which yielded the largest specimens I've ever seen produced(using my favorite strain, B+).

Anyway, after a few years of not growing, I've decided to get back into it. I got some pre-sterilized composted manure bags from one of the sponsors here in order to have a quick, easy way of getting some crops for experimentation again.

I plan on trying out some new bulk substrates Ive heard discussed here such as a mixture of coir, worm castings, and spent coffee grounds with vermiculite.

I have some edible mushrooms liquid cultures as well as various spore syringes. I'm hoping the new experimental substrate will work for all. I'm also planning on getting into cloning for the first time to increase yield and consistency.

I hope to contribute a lot of good information and experience here and will post some grow logs and trials as things go along.

It's good to be back, and good luck to you all in your endeavors!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order