Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhobe
Growing
Male

Loc: Mars
PF Tek Jars, Foil and No Foil Experiment
    #8211254 - 03/29/08 05:26 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

After about 6 months of research and talking to my friends who have grown i decided to grow. I was using some year old Cambodian spores that a friend had given me. He said they were likely to not work but give it a shot.

I went the PF Tek way and i knocked up 10 jars. 5 of the jars were done 1 week and 1 day ago. First pic. Its hard to see but there is a tiny bit of mycelium growing on that one.

That jar was stored just like that in my incubator, ill try and get a picture of that up here in a few. No light gets in and it sits at 79-80 degrees all the time.

The other 5 jars i knocked up were done 5 days ago. They were done without the jar tops and using foil instead. The foil was put on in 2 layers, bottom with inoculation holes and top without. The foil pieces that i cut were really large so they covered about the top half of the jar. I wasnt going to be checking them alot so i just left it. Today i went to check and low-an-behold look what i found.

Absolutely beautiful, mycelium. These jars were stored at the same conditions in the same place as the other jars without the foil. The foil seemed to keep the jars at just above the temp in the incubator and made it optimal for growing. The mycelium grew only where the foil was covering the jar, in the picture i pulled up the foil to get a good shot(yeah im horrible at taking pictures).

If anyone is having problems with slow growing mycelium id say give this a try. Just lightly wrap the jar in foil and don't check it for a few days. Let me know if you want a write up on my substrate or incubator, id be glad to give it to help out anyone in need.

Good Luck!

--------------------
We are oft to blame in this, 'Tis too much proved - that with devotion's visage, And pious action we do sugar o'er, The devil himself." - V

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBungalow Bill
Happiness is aWarm Gun

Loc: Peking
Re: PF Tek Jars, Foil and No Foil Experiment [Re: Phobe]
    #8213702 - 03/30/08 08:52 AM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Micro-pore tape is the best, IMHO.

--------------------
The fruit shall set you free.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract