Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Pupenhause]
    #8213498 - 03/30/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It's bullshit don't worry about it.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8213812 - 03/30/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

TRY SPORTS

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineWronguy

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Redstorm]
    #8214074 - 03/30/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Can you recommend some high-intensity cardio work that would help? I would be doing this about three times a week, for context.

Absolutely, but you have some nutritional concerns that need to be addressed. High intensity cardio utilizes anaerobic metabolic pathways, the same as weight training. This is extremely important to note, as nutritional intervention has to be a focus here.

Pre and post workout meals for high intensity cardio should be the same as weight training. Keeping gastric emptying in mind, you should be focusing on ingesting enough foods pre-workout to fuel the workout and immediately following training ingesting an easily digestible meal, preferably liquid. I recommend a liquid meal consisting of 20-25 grams of a high quality protein (#1 choice: Hydrolyzed, 2. Whey Protein Isolate, 3. Whey Protein Concentrate), 35-45 grams of a high glycemic carbohydrate (dextrose or maltodextrin) for rapid glycogen synthesis and energy needs for protein synthesis, you can throw in 8-10 grams of some L-Glutamine for extra cellular support and that would be a great meal.

There are a lot of other considerations as well, such as creatine. Creatine, a phosphate utilized for high intensity workouts during the first few seconds of a work interval, should also be a consideration for supplementation. Creating monohydrate is the most common form sold today and is easily assimilated in muscle mitochondria to produce ATP. Why is this important? It's important because high intensity bouts of exercise rely heavily on creatine phosphate and glycolysis.

The issue with glycolysis is the byproduct of lactic acid. This is the burn you feel during high intensity exercise. Lactic acid thresholds will increase as you become more fit, but during the early stages of fitness it can hinder the amount of intensity you can apply. Creatine phosphate does not have this problem, but is more rapidly used. Supplementing with creatine can help bring training to new levels by saturating the muscles with enough creatine to perform powerful movements over a greater length of time. Only by a few seconds perhaps, but that few seconds can mean the difference between lifting 230 pounds or only say 200 pounds on your bench. The higher the weight lifted or the harder the muscle worked, the greater hormonal response to exercise. GH response and proper nutrition mean adaptation.

Aside from nutrition, I recommend performing high intensity exercise with a 1:2 work/rest ratio. A good example are these:

Elliptical
3 minute warm up
30 seconds high intensity-all out effort
1 minute rest interval
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

Sprinting
3 minute warm up-slight jog
30 seconds high intensity-sprinting
1 minute rest interval-jogging or walking
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

Recumbent or upright bike
3 minute warm up
30 seconds high intensity-pedal fast or increase resistance while maintaining same speed as rest interval
1 minute rest interval
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

You may do high intensity cardio 2-3 times per week, but no more than that. Also make sure you space out any weight training at least 8-10 hours apart from doing this.

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

#8214529 - 03/30/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pupenhause said:
Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
Fucoxanthin from Japanese Wakame Seaweed
It works without stimulating the CNS. Also a powerful anti-oxidant.

do you or anyone you know have experience with this?

yea. worked at a health food store. only heard the customers talk good about it. the nutrition/holistic health workers there said it was really good for you. just do some research.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Wronguy]
    #8215234 - 03/30/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you so much!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8225902 - 04/01/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
Can you recommend some high-intensity cardio work that would help? I would be doing this about three times a week, for context.

Absolutely, but you have some nutritional concerns that need to be addressed. High intensity cardio utilizes anaerobic metabolic pathways, the same as weight training. This is extremely important to note, as nutritional intervention has to be a focus here.

Pre and post workout meals for high intensity cardio should be the same as weight training. Keeping gastric emptying in mind, you should be focusing on ingesting enough foods pre-workout to fuel the workout and immediately following training ingesting an easily digestible meal, preferably liquid. I recommend a liquid meal consisting of 20-25 grams of a high quality protein (#1 choice: Hydrolyzed, 2. Whey Protein Isolate, 3. Whey Protein Concentrate), 35-45 grams of a high glycemic carbohydrate (dextrose or maltodextrin) for rapid glycogen synthesis and energy needs for protein synthesis, you can throw in 8-10 grams of some L-Glutamine for extra cellular support and that would be a great meal.

There are a lot of other considerations as well, such as creatine. Creatine, a phosphate utilized for high intensity workouts during the first few seconds of a work interval, should also be a consideration for supplementation. Creating monohydrate is the most common form sold today and is easily assimilated in muscle mitochondria to produce ATP. Why is this important? It's important because high intensity bouts of exercise rely heavily on creatine phosphate and glycolysis.

The issue with glycolysis is the byproduct of lactic acid. This is the burn you feel during high intensity exercise. Lactic acid thresholds will increase as you become more fit, but during the early stages of fitness it can hinder the amount of intensity you can apply. Creatine phosphate does not have this problem, but is more rapidly used. Supplementing with creatine can help bring training to new levels by saturating the muscles with enough creatine to perform powerful movements over a greater length of time. Only by a few seconds perhaps, but that few seconds can mean the difference between lifting 230 pounds or only say 200 pounds on your bench. The higher the weight lifted or the harder the muscle worked, the greater hormonal response to exercise. GH response and proper nutrition mean adaptation.

Aside from nutrition, I recommend performing high intensity exercise with a 1:2 work/rest ratio. A good example are these:

Elliptical
3 minute warm up
30 seconds high intensity-all out effort
1 minute rest interval
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

Sprinting
3 minute warm up-slight jog
30 seconds high intensity-sprinting
1 minute rest interval-jogging or walking
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

Recumbent or upright bike
3 minute warm up
30 seconds high intensity-pedal fast or increase resistance while maintaining same speed as rest interval
1 minute rest interval
Repeat for 15 minutes
Cool down 3-5 minutes

You may do high intensity cardio 2-3 times per week, but no more than that. Also make sure you space out any weight training at least 8-10 hours apart from doing this.

My God.

I did the running HIIT exercise today and it kicked my ass.

I did it for 20 minutes, with between 30 sec and 1 minute sprints followed by 1 minute walking rests. I was going to follow the sprints up with jogging, but there wasn't a chance of me being able to do that.

It was hard and I was sweating like a pig, but it felt good. I haven't balls-out sprinted in a long time.

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: over here
    #8226005 - 04/01/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i did some sprinting today. it feels good to sprint for 30 seconds, then walk for a minute.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
    #8227240 - 04/02/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

cardio is allright, however if you include heavy weightlifting into your routing you will
dramatically improve your weight loss results.

squats, deadlifts, powercleans and pushpress should be your bread and butter,
next to a clean kcal reduced diet and HIIT cardio.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineWronguy

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: ohmatic]
    #8227944 - 04/02/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Glad to hear it Redstorm. HIIT cardio, which is what you did, is extremely taxing on the body and 10 times more effective than standard cardio protocols. Keep it up for 2-3 days a week over the next 2-3 weeks and your body will have a physiological adaptation to the stimulus.

Ohmatic, I hear what you're saying and I agree to a point. Weight training is definitely the way to go, especially with compound exercises comprised mostly from free weights. Lifting heavy is important, but I definitely do not agree with working to failure on every set. Not implying you said that either.

During my own research into muscular hypertrophy, I have found that working to failure causes an excessive amount of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and as a result forces excessive recovery periods before you can work the muscle again, typically 5-7 days of recovery. Science has demonstrated that a muscle that has received microtrauma can be worked again in as little as 36 hours, providing you have not caused excessive microtrauma during the first bout of exercise.

The key component to this is by not training to failure on every set and completing full body workouts so every muscle is worked up to 3 times a week.

I definitely agree with your comments on diet as well. A clean diet with a small caloric deficit will yield muscle mass and promote changes in adipose tissue volume. The key here is making sure the caloric deficit is in carbohydrates, not protein. The goal during muscle building and fat loss is to offset the energy needs of the body by forcing fat to be utilized for energy where carbohydrates fall short. FFA (free fatty acids) will be oxidized for energy to handle energy needs where needed, thereby promoting loss.

It's a fine line, but can be achieved. Be careful on your exercise selection people. Never choose an exercise that can injury you through direct work or falling weight. A good example of this is the clean and press or good mornings. These exercises require a good deal of movement and while under load can lead to injury if not performed correctly. I've always found the best exercises are one that mimic your natural body movements.

You should never be doing an exercise that is not naturally mimicking how the body is designed to handle load. Good mornings are a prime example of this. You place a barbell on your neck and literally bend over to complete the exercise with little movement from your legs. The physiology of the human body is not designed for this kind of stress under load, so the exercise is highly prone to injury even under the slightest miscalculation of movement.

Just be safe.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8229790 - 04/02/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I've been reading a ton about HIIT and it's benefits. I feel like this is a good cardio method for me because even back in my high school days (so long ago :frown:) I ran short sprints for my events. No matter how hard I trained, I could never do long distance events.

It felt great to run balls out. I haven't done that in a very long time. Thank you again for the advice.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#8232084 - 04/03/08 02:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I honestly lose the most weight just doing some low intensity cardio twice a day. Walking around the block a few times in the morning, doing a bit of shadow boxing in my undies and walking around the block again in the evening. I got under 10% bf this way last summer.

I made the mistake of using clen and it also helped to get right down low, but you can get nice and lean just eating properly and doing a bit of cardio here and there. HIIT is a great way to lose muscle mass, imho. I tried it, thought I liked it but I was losing just as much muscle as fat even taking anabolics. Honestly, diet is what'll make or break you. Even if you're taking clen, T3, GH and all that shit you should really get your diet in check. No point in risking your health and wasting thousands when you can simply cut back the calories and walk around the block a few times.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: browndustin]
    #8232277 - 04/03/08 05:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Everything I've read about HIIT says that it is ideal BECAUSE it doesn't burn muslce as fast as steady state cardio does.

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
    #8232975 - 04/03/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

try some carb cycling to keep fat burning up... keep protein high to prevent muscle loss

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#8233265 - 04/03/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

It's all diet.

You have to be VERY strict with it. And keep at it for a couple of months. No short-cuts.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: grimR]
    #8233266 - 04/03/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

grimR said:
try some carb cycling to keep fat burning up... keep protein high to prevent muscle loss

:thumbup:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: Ginseng1]
    #8233290 - 04/03/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I would say keep fat high to prevent muscle loss. When low carbing, it's dangerous to do both low carb and low fat.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8234622 - 04/03/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ugggh, I tried to do the HIIT regiment today and I think one day of rest was not enough. I could barely make it past my first interval of sprinting. I think, at least until I get into the swing of things, I'm going to do 2 days a week (Tuesday, Sat) on my off days of lifting. I was going to do 3 days a week, but there's no way I'm at that level yet. My leg muscles still hurt too much and I don't feel like injuring myself.

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

#8235512 - 04/03/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
I would say keep fat high to prevent muscle loss. When low carbing, it's dangerous to do both low carb and low fat.

it depends on ur weight training/program. Its true u shouldnt be low carb/low fat too long... thats why theres a carbup day to keep ur muscles replenished with glycogen (energy stored in muscles from carbs)

Atm Im following a PSMF (protein sparring modified fast). I've seen great results and the logic behind it is great also... basically...

ur body starts to lose muscle mass after about 3-4 days extremely low cal (1200cal a day) and low carb/low fat. The carb up day defeats this instinct by refueling ur muscles before they are broken down to be used as fuel... it goes back to the days when food wasnt as readily available, after a few days ur body starts to break itself down and use muscle as energy believing u are starving and struggling to survive... not a good thing

with high intensity workouts such as HIIT a program like this isnt recommended unless its on a high carb day or the day after the high carb day. Stored fat isnt well used for energy in high intensity situations, carb and muscle however are.

So if you decide to follow a similar program remember not to do HIIT on low carb days. High fat or not you sustain a good chance of losing muscle with HIIT without enough carbs to back it up. HIIT is some serious stuff. Its great for ur bloodflow and metabolism, most of the fat burned on a HIIT program is burned by ur metabolism the 48 hours after the workout

--------------------
- grimR

"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#8236254 - 04/03/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Same here, and that's why I used to advocate it so much. Once I put on a bit more muscle though it was a lot harder to maintain when I did HIIT. Maybe cortisol was shooting up or just having more muscle and maintaining a positive nitrogen balance became trickier.

Can't go wrong with low intensity cardio though. Doing it in the morning and evening is absolutely nothing. I don't even notice it. I can grab my ipod or cellphone and take care of business and it takes no time. Don't even have to get changed into gym strip or anything.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Re: fat loss suppliments [Re: browndustin]
    #8236763 - 04/04/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Same here, and that's why I used to advocate it so much. Once I put on a bit more muscle though it was a lot harder to maintain when I did HIIT

probably your diet that caused muscle loss... u need sounder nutrition doing a lot of HIIT than you would just weightlifting to keep ur muscle... not sure if u are but keep carbs high around HIIT especially directly after and simple carbs 30 min or so before. u really need a lot of carbs for it

--------------------
- grimR

- Don Juan teachings

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale